Issue with European VAT number module

I'm running Prestashop 1.4.7.0 with the official prestashop_new theme. Early on I had to apply a fix here (http://www.prestasho...n-cart-summary/) to get the theme to actually show the vat in the checkout - annoyingly this important info was commented out!

The website is UK based and tax is setup at 20%. All the standard Prestashop Tax Rules seem to work fine when testing the checkout.

The issue we have is with the following module: European VAT number v1.1 by PrestaShop

Once a customer enters a VAT number the VAT is removed from the breakdown at checkout and is not charged - even if it is a UK company.

Apart from disabling this module how do I get the cart to display and store the VAT breakdown for any orders that come from VAT registered companies?

Edited by imagesgroup (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Did you resolve this?

I am using the Cloud version 1.6.1.

I have a UK website. Selling in the UK no problem. Just works

1. I need to activate so that Customer page (when setting up) can state their VAT number 

2. I need to tell the tax rules that if EU country and I have a VAT number then set rule to "Outside Scope of VAT" = 0%

3. I need to tell the tax rules that if EU country and I do not have a VAT number then set rule to "UK standard" = 20%

4. I need to tell the tax rules that if non-EU country then set rule to "Outside Scope of VAT" = 0% 

I see I have zones including Europe and Europe (Non EU) but the tax rules only show the countries and not the zones. That is a pain. Other threads say it can be done but not how. Some refer to settings on what must be older versions as I cannot find them on the Cloud 1.6.1 version.

I am working on the assumption that the thresholds will not be reached in this year at least and therefore VAT registration in the EU state will not be required.