[SOLVED] Modify footer

I'd like to change some things with the footer and could use a couple of pointers...

More specifically, I'd like to separate the Information block so that the CMS entries are shown in their own column and add a new column with a block of text.

Looking at the source code via the browser, I see "MODULE Block footer" and "block_various_links_footer" etc, but there seems to be no modules corresponding to that code.

/Mats

Edited by mohsart (see edit history)

You will need to edit the blockcms.tpl file, in the lower section you will see the footer area you will need to add addition fields with the required links in addition you will need to remove the links form the original field that you moved.

Here is an example in the code below I moved Specials, New Products and Top sellers to the new block and named it Additional the code in red is the new area.

All I did was copy the original code from the opening <div tag to the closing </div> tag in the MODULE block footer section and paste below the original then deleted the top three from the first code and deleted the others from the new code.

I hope this makes since.

Here is a starter for you paste this to your blockcms.tpl file replacing the text there now:

Only the footer section!!!

<!-- MODULE Block footer -->

<div class="block_various_links" id="block_various_links_footer">

<h4>{l s='Information' mod='blockcms'}</h4>

<ul>

{if $display_stores_footer}<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('stores')}" title="{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}

<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink($contact_url, true)}" title="{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

{foreach from=$cmslinks item=cmslink}

{if $cmslink.meta_title != ''}

<li class="item"><a href="{$cmslink.link|addslashes}" title="{$cmslink.meta_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$cmslink.meta_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</a></li>

{/if}

{/foreach}

<li id="header_link_sitemap"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('sitemap')}" title="{l s='sitemap' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}">{l s='Sitemap' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}</a></li>

</ul>

{$footer_text}

</div>

<div class="block_various_links" id="block_various_links_footer">

<h4>{l s='Additional' mod='blockcms'}</h4>

<ul>

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}<li class="first_item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('prices-drop')}" title="{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}

<li class="{if $PS_CATALOG_MODE}first_{/if}item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('new-products')}" title="{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('best-sales')}" title="{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}

</ul>

{$footer_text}

</div>

<!-- /MODULE Block footer -->

{/if}

Here is the result of the modified file.

I have a template purchased from prestashop addons. All is good except for one problem.

The footer on the bottom of the home page needs text to be added to it, simply as below -

copyright 2012 (my site name)

All persons depicted herein were at least 18 years of age at the time of photography:

18 U.S.C Section 2257 Compliance Notice

Material in compliance with the record keeping requirements of 18 U.S.C. 2257

How do I add the above to the home page footer? Any help is greatly appreciated.

One other thing, bluehost version of prestashop is 1.5.2 The version of the purchased template i'm using is 1.4.9 of which is not available to use along with simple scripts or the cpanel within bluehost.

The template is only available to me in my prestashop admin login page for all editing. I also have the template on my hard drive where i had to upload it from to use this older version template 1.4.9

I have a template purchased from prestashop addons. All is good except for one problem.

The footer on the bottom of the home page needs text to be added to it, simply as below -

copyright 2012 (my site name)

All persons depicted herein were at least 18 years of age at the time of photography:

18 U.S.C Section 2257 Compliance Notice

Material in compliance with the record keeping requirements of 18 U.S.C. 2257

How do I add the above to the home page footer? Any help is greatly appreciated.

One other thing, bluehost version of prestashop is 1.5.2 The version of the purchased template i'm using is 1.4.9 of which is not available to use along with simple scripts or the cpanel within bluehost.

The template is only available to me in my prestashop admin login page for all editing. I also have the template on my hard drive where i had to upload it from to use this older version template 1.4.9

For @kevincercie,

Please you use the module

Sticky footer Wibiya

Thanks

stickyfot.zip

• 3 months later...