[solved] Help! All pages being redirected to 404 error

Hello,

Since yesterday none of our pages are working correctly, all being redirected to a 404 error page in our site.

I contacted the hosting service, and they said it's because of our .htaccess file but that they couldn't figure out where the problem was.

I didn't change this file, and cannot understand how it got this way.

I attach the content of our .htacess file.

I'd be very grateful if someone could help us out with this as soon as possible since we are completely unable to run the shop.

htacess.txt

What was the problem, because I have similar problems?

The .htaccess file is pointing to a different address then waht you have listed in your Seo & URL domains.

In the case above it looks as though the site is www.domain.com but the .htaccess file has it as domian.com.

Try setting Friendly URL to no and save then back to yes and save this should force Prestashop to re-write the .htaccess file.

Also make sure both domains have the same address either www.domain.com or domain.com.

Take a look at the .htaccess file and make sure it points to the same address you have listed as your domain.

Guys, I have just got the exact same problem where my home page with my feature products works fine but when I click on anything it goes to a Page Not Found 404. I am a newbie and trying to setup a webshop address is www.touratech.co.nz

Any guidance advice or help is really appreciated.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

it's because when you delete the .htaccess it will be "regenerated" - this is nice "trick" to fix the htaccess problems (for example with 404 or sometimes 500 internal server error) :)

i marked thread as [solved]

double solved :P

• 5 years later...