PHP configuration limits / 1000 for max_input_vars.

So, to set different slide for language Prestashop require the following customization:

>

> Installed module translations (Language: Español (Spanish), Theme: default):

>

> "Warning, your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields to post in a form:

> 1000 for max_input_vars."

>

> Please ask your hosting provider to increase the this limit to 1373 at least or edit the translation file manually.

>

The Host reply: Raising the limit can cause perforance issues for the server, and affect service to other customers. The warning you are seeing does not affect functionality of the prestashop site.

So, I can't use the Slide module because I'm unable to configure it as I get this message PHP limit.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Mark

It can affect many other things (usually 3rd party modules).

A host that does not allow changing php.ini values is not really suitable for Prestashop, I highly recommend looking for a different friendlier host, or you will almost definitely run into other issue in the future (most likely timeout related).

Yes, increase the limit :)

You can read more about how to change (and check if the changes applied) at http://presto-change...hy-you-need-one

I'm having the same problem. I edited our php.ini file to increase our max input variables to 10722, I also increased max execution time to 1000 and set max input time to -1. On the advice of the suggested article I checked our php info table to see if the changes had applied, and they do appear in the table. Our hosting company also told me I could change the php.ini myself at anytime.

But I am still getting the same error message: "Warning, your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields to post in a form:

Do I need to restart Apache (this was mentioned in another thread but I don't know if it applies here)?

I would greatly appreciate help. The reason I am trying to access the translations is that I can't find a way to disable the "Free Shipping!" that appears in the shopping cart checkout page before the user saves their address. This is so misleading I decline to open our store until this can be disabled. I was able to find a line in the ajax-cart module tpl to change "Free Shipping!" to "Uncalculated" but I have not been able to find the other code so I'm hoping the back office translation workaround will find it and cure it.

We are on a new install of 1.5, this is our first Prestashop store.

This limit affect the Slide module in the home page. So, if I enable the slide, I can customize just the official store language page slide. All the other will still show Ipad or Ipod pictures. So I cannot allow that.

Someone know how to integrate a slide without using this module?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem. I edited our php.ini file to increase our max input variables to 10722, I also increased max execution time to 1000 and set max input time to -1. On the advice of the suggested article I checked our php info table to see if the changes had applied, and they do appear in the table. Our hosting company also told me I could change the php.ini myself at anytime.

But I am still getting the same error message: "Warning, your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields to post in a form:

Do I need to restart Apache (this was mentioned in another thread but I don't know if it applies here)?

I would greatly appreciate help. The reason I am trying to access the translations is that I can't find a way to disable the "Free Shipping!" that appears in the shopping cart checkout page before the user saves their address. This is so misleading I decline to open our store until this can be disabled. I was able to find a line in the ajax-cart module tpl to change "Free Shipping!" to "Uncalculated" but I have not been able to find the other code so I'm hoping the back office translation workaround will find it and cure it.

After some testing found that this only works on an upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5, as suggested below seems to only work first time on a fresh install of 1.5.

The blockcart can be fixed by using a 1.4.9 copy of the ajax-cart.js file located in ..modules/blockcart I uploaded one from 1.4.9 and my cart now says $0.00 as in 1.4.

Download a 1.4.9 version and use the ajax-cart.js file from there or use the SVN.

For the cart summery you can change the default text in shopping-cart.tpl at line 144.

from this

<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping">{l s='Free Shipping!'}</td>

to this:

<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping">{l s='$0.00'}</td>

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

Cool, I will try today.

Do you know something about this:

This limit affect the Slide module in the home page. So, if I enable the slide, I can customize just the official store language page slide. All the other will still show Ipad or Ipod pictures. So I cannot allow that.

Someone know how to integrate a slide without using this module?

Maybe I can change the other languages picture url? How? which file contain the slide picture url for secondary languages?

Thanks

Chnaces are there are still other variables that you need to change in your PHP.ini file take some time and scroll through the whole page and change anything that may look as though they effect PHP limits.

In the Homeslide module you will need to edit the pictures and text for each language.

The blockcart can be fixed by using a 1.4.9 copy of the ajax-cart.js file located in ..modules/blockcart I uploaded one from 1.4.9 and my cart now says $0.00 as in 1.4.

Download a 1.4.9 version and use the ajax-cart.js file from there or use the SVN.

For the cart summery you can change the default text in shopping-cart.tpl at line 144.

from this

<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping">{l s='Free Shipping!'}</td>

to this:

<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping">{l s='$0.00'}</td>

After following this suggestion, I place the 1.4.9 ajax-cart.js file into the 1.5.2

and also I edit the shopping cart template.

It works for the first time only.

• Now no carrier can be associated to the product for Price or weight.
  • Customer even all ready registered have no option to select carrier.
  • handling fee do not work too
  • Changing the Free shipping to $0.00 do not work for the cart top right module (and in Spanish still show (envío gratuito!

Any suggestion? I can't keep customer buying

After following this suggestion, I place the 1.4.9 ajax-cart.js file into the 1.5.2

• Changing the Free shipping to $0.00 do not work for the cart top right module (and in Spanish still show (envío gratuito!

Seems correct I had only tested this on an upgraded site, today I tested on a fresh install with the same results as yours.

For english only site the cart summery fix works.

Have you tried changing the translation for Spanish. (localization, translations, front office features)

Hey found this while researching this issue:

Edit ajax-cart.js and at around line 594 change the code below:

Change this:

if (parseFloat(jsonData.shippingCostFloat) > 0 || jsonData.nbTotalProducts < 1)

$('.ajax_cart_shipping_cost').text(jsonData.shippingCost);

else

$('.ajax_cart_shipping_cost').html(freeShippingTranslation);

To this:

if (parseFloat(jsonData.shippingCostFloat) == 0 && parseInt(jsonData.nbTotalProducts) >= 0)

else

I still had to edit the Shopping-cart.tpl file to remove the Free shipping from there.

Hi, I just place the code and in fact it work in any languages showing o.oo$

Perfect but, still unable to set the shipping carrier.

Also the handling fee do not work.

Choose your delivery method

No carriers available for the address "My address".

So, I think prestashop is cool, but obviously the reason of switching to prestashop from a payed e-commerce solution is not because it's free. I and probably any company like to pay something like 100 a month for a solution that work.

I definitely prefer Prestashop because allow me to offer a multi language store with just a click. Amazing and easy.

In my case I got different issues in prestashop that partially touch the reason of my switch.

So to solve the shipping problem that affect my store I opted for a solution that allow me to charge shipping for weight till someone on the prestashop team will fix the bug. (even if I 'm not sure what the bug its.

So if you incurring in the same problem I do, follow this suggestion :

1 activate catalog mode under in Preference.

2 disable any payment module in prestashop

3 disable user info block (in order to avoid useless log in to customer)

4 Open the product you like to sale and paste a product code you created in ECWID E-commerce solution. http://www.ecwid.com/

5 set all the shipping weight in the Ecwid back end activate ECWID payment paypal or what you prefer.

6 collect customer data e sales in the back end of ECwid.

7wait till Prestashop fix the problem and move back all the customer data in the prestashop backend.

So, if you sell just few product in different language it will work nice.

Good luck

Did you find a solution or just skip to another e-commerce platform?

Hi, I just place the code and in fact it work in any languages showing o.oo$

Perfect but, still unable to set the shipping carrier.

Also the handling fee do not work.

Choose your delivery method

No carriers available for the address "My address".

There must be something still not correct with the way you have shipping set up, If you can not select a carrier how do you know that handing fee it not working.

Also I set the handling fee inside each carriers configuration under modules, not under the shipping tab and this worked great never did get it to add handling fee by using the shipping tabs handing fee.

If you want you can PM me log in details for your BO and I will have a look at your shipping set up otherwise its hard to put a finger on the exact problem.