vekia

[module] Customer files upload - add files to orders, accounts, checkout etc.

Hello vekia. Congratulations for your great work :)

I need that the customer can upload his photo (only one) to the web.

I mean:

1. the customer signs up and pays.

2-the customer upload a photo with a description, to which is it assigns a correlative number. This photo is automatically posted in a gallery on my page, and is published in the social networks (instagram and facebook) of the company.
3. in the Gallery, you can search by number of photo (which has been assigned when you have registered and upload your photo). I.e., if John registered and uploaded his picture, being number. 1351, after two months if he enters to the website, he could search his photo in the bottom of search with that number)

It could be possible to do that, or something like that? If not, would it very difficult to do?

Thank you very much for the help.

new major release of the addon is available to download

module from version 2.0 fully supports PrestaShop 1.7!

the first available files upload module that works and supports new version of PS!

d7IR9Z3.png

• Like 1

files upload module for prestashop updated, list of changes you can find below:
- updated translations of the module
- re-added full Dutch translation
- changed code of the module to support psr-2 standards
- removed unnecessary text strings (related to previously removed features)

• Like 1

new version of the module is ready, added fixes / improvements to "accepted extensions" feature

- added improvements to "allowed extensions" feature

- now if you will leave extensions field empty - it accepts all defined files extensions properly

Do you have a similar module, that would allow ADMIN (in backend) to upload files to order and download them ? 

Do you have a similar module, that would allow ADMIN (in backend) to upload files to order and download them ? 

customer files upload module already has this feature.

customer files upload module already has this feature.

Does it? Description in your shop says only that store manager can browse and download , not upload too - can store manager add more files - upload more? Also can the customer part be completely turned off? The goal is to have a file manager for each order only accessible by shop employees. ?

Does it? Description in your shop says only that store manager can browse and download , not upload too - can store manager add more files - upload more? Also can the customer part be completely turned off? The goal is to have a file manager for each order only accessible by shop employees. ?

- shop manager can upload files to orders and to customer accounts.

- customer part can be turned off (customer will not have possibility to upload files, only to view them)

you can check all features on demo page

screenshot of description: http://i.imgur.com/R2zTxLl.png

- shop manager can upload files to orders and to customer accounts.

- customer part can be turned off (customer will not have possibility to upload files, only to view them)

you can check all features on demo page

screenshot of description: http://i.imgur.com/R2zTxLl.png

That's awesome! But can you set visibility of uploaded files or disable ability of customers to view the files? - some of the files may be only for inside-business purposes....

That's awesome! But can you set visibility of uploaded files or disable ability of customers to view the files? - some of the files may be only for inside-business purposes....

Why? Simply don't upload file to customer.

Why? Simply don't upload file to customer.

I might not made myself clear enaugh. I need a possibility of EMPLOYEES to file-communicate through the ORDERS in BACKOFFICE.

Sometimes, it is unwanted to show certain files to customer, as they may contain e.g. know-how or specific plans or just something you DON'T want to show to customer, at least never directly like this.

I might not made myself clear enaugh. I need a possibility of EMPLOYEES to file-communicate through the ORDERS in BACKOFFICE.

Sometimes, it is unwanted to show certain files to customer, as they may contain e.g. know-how or specific plans or just something you DON'T want to show to customer, at least never directly like this.

hello

so, simply saying, you want a feature to:

- upload files to customer,

- decide if file will be visible / not visible for customer 

right?

or just maybe:

- disable appearance of these files at all (even remove the section from customer's "my account" page to browse the files)

hello

so, simply saying, you want a feature to:

- decide if file will be visible / not visible for customer 

right?

or just maybe:

- disable appearance of these files at all (even remove the section from customer's "my account" page to browse the files)

I want to upload files to ORDERS and ORDERS only and I also want for this files to be visible & upload-able ONLY for BACKOFFICE employees :-) 

Do you get what I need now ? :-)

I want to upload files to ORDERS and ORDERS only and I also want for this files to be visible & upload-able ONLY for BACKOFFICE employees :-) 

Do you get what I need now ? :-)

so you can simply disable possibility:

- upload files during order process by customer

- upload files to orders by customer

- remove visibility of "my files" / "order files" inside customers' "my account" section

so in effect you - as a shop owner - will have possibility to upload and manage files from admin, while customers will not have possibility to do this.

module is ready to support this kind of workflow :-)

so you can simply disable possibility:

- upload files during order process by customer

- upload files to orders by customer

- remove visibility of "my files" / "order files" inside customers' "my account" section

so in effect you - as a shop owner - will have possibility to upload and manage files from admin, while customers will not have possibility to do this.

module is ready to support this kind of workflow :-)

Great ! :) Thank you for all the answers :)

new version is ready to download!

- added new feature to define custom contents that will appear above upload form

- added improvements to module workflow on shopping cart page

- redesigned module configuration page

new version of customer files upload module released!

Added several improvements and new features,

- redesigned and added improvements to module configuration page

- added fixes related to appearance of upload form in shopping cart

- added new feature to display additional custom contents above the upload form 

- you can define these custom contents on module configuration page

- feature to enable or disable "delete" button (if enabled customers will have possibility to delete uploaded files, if disabled - it will not be possible)

- added feature to define custom contents on "access denied" pages (if customer trying to reach pages with upload form while they are not logged)

new large update of customer files upload module is available!

- added feature that allows to leave a comment below each uploaded file

- both admin and customer can leave own comment

- both admin and customer can accept / neglect uploaded files

- both admin and customer will get the email notifications

- full prestashop 1.7.x support

- fixes related to installation module

Is it possible to "reverse" the module. Make admin able to upload pdf files and connect them to orders?  While customers are not allowed to upload files.

Edited by Frostvik (see edit history)

Is it possible to "reverse" the module. Make admin able to upload pdf files and connect them to orders?  While customers are not allowed to upload files.

hello

this module already contains this function.

as a shop admin you can upload files too (to orders / to customers' accounts)

Hi Vekia, please can you check your zendesk or support I've posted a message about a problem with this module since 3 week. You can contact me by mp if you want :) thanks

new version of customer files upload is available!

- added pagination to section (back office) customers > files manager. Now if you will have more than 20 files module will create pagination, you will be bale to explore the list of uploaded files without performance issues.

- added force upload feature now you can enable it and it will be necessary to upload files to go through the order process.

- added better updates checker feature

new version of customer files upload is available!

- added pagination to section (back office) customers > files manager. Now if you will have more than 20 files module will create pagination, you will be bale to explore the list of uploaded files without performance issues.

- added force upload feature now you can enable it and it will be necessary to upload files to go through the order process.

- added better updates checker feature

I was looking for such module tried your online demo. Force upload feature is great. But it is set to yes it forces customer to upload file for product which does not need file upload for example Non-Prescription medication (OTC) do not need Prescription. But prescription Medication need file to be uploaded. 

If force upload is set to No than customer can order without uploading a file even if cart contain product which need file to be uploaded. If set to Yes Than if customer trys to buy product which does not need file to be uploaded than it does not allow checkout

I will also suggest you allow csv import product ID where merchant have hundreds of product

• Like 1

Multi tool to upload files in #prestashop updated! recent updates of the plugin has several improvements:

- added improvements to module scripts under prestashop 1.7.x (now they are executet properly in cart)

- added fixes to save settings of email configuration (enable / disable mail with infos about uploaded files)

- added design improvements to module configuration page in prestashop 1.6.x

- added pagination to customer files manager (customers > files manager)

- added some design improvements to customers' files manager section

- new version may require browser cache clear

I was looking for such module tried your online demo. Force upload feature is great. But it is set to yes it forces customer to upload file for product which does not need file upload for example Non-Prescription medication (OTC) do not need Prescription. But prescription Medication need file to be uploaded. 

If force upload is set to No than customer can order without uploading a file even if cart contain product which need file to be uploaded. If set to Yes Than if customer trys to buy product which does not need file to be uploaded than it does not allow checkout

I will also suggest you allow csv import product ID where merchant have hundreds of product

I have checked on your site your in changelog you have added feature for force upload only to product id needed. I would also Request you add feature to add category tree to module so all product in selected category should automatically asked to upload file instead of adding Product ID in "Display upload form only for certain products"  this difficult if  ebsite has hundreads of product, Just click on selected category and all product in that category, selected to force upload file.

- another part of back office updated to support prestashop 1.6.x / 1.7.x standards

- added feature to force upload files only if cart will contain selected files

I'm having an issue with the module.  By design, it allows the customer to approve/disapprove the file and write a comment.  The module does not message the administrator when this happens, however.  

In my case, I run a print shop.  Customers are using this feature instead of one that I have in place for file proofing and I have no idea of knowing unless I open their order and scroll to look.  It is not feasible to constantly open and close all the orders to see if the customer has used the new feature.  

I've attempted to comment out all aspects of this new code in the module.  Locally, I can find no evidence of this new feature when I log into a front end account and check an test order.  The approve/disapprove drop down has been disabled but somehow customers are still able to leave a comment.  I have no idea how they are seeing this feature.  This is causing serious issues.

Ultimately, in order for this new feature of the module to work for me, I would need it to alert on change, and then be able to lock so the customer couldn't go back and change their approval.

Does anyone have a suggestion?  

new version of module is available

- added improvements to back office,

- last changes related to design of the configuration form removed all translations and blocked possibility to translate configuration form.

- now back office of the module can be translated properly again

• Like 1

new version of module is available

- added improvements to back office,

- last changes related to design of the configuration form removed all translations and blocked possibility to translate configuration form.

- now back office of the module can be translated properly again

Vekia, do you have a feature request form anywhere?  I have posted a feature that would be really helpful a few posts above.  An admin alert either in back office or through email when an enduser adds a comment or approves/disapproves a file would be really helpful.  Right now it is impossible to tell that it happens unless an order is opened in the back office and an admin scrolls down to try and find it.

new version of files upload module is ready to download!

- added improvements to translation of "upload" button that is available inside each upload form
- you can translate it now with prestashop translations tool (previously it was not possible because "upload" button was auto-generated by javascripts. Now it isn't so you can translate it)

• Like 1

Hello, I'm making a PrestaShop eCommerce for a client who sells sunglasses.

My problem is that some of those glasses are graduated glasses and I need tu activate an obligatory personalization (something like "upload your eye medical prescription") when the customer selects the "with graduated glasses" combination.

Right now I can only add a "requested personalization" field to a product for all combinations, so I had to create every product twice: one with graduated glasses and requested personalization field, and another one with regular glasses without it.

With your module, is it possible to set a combination with "mandatory file upload required" and the other combinations without it?

Thank you.

btw the website is codesunglasses.it