HA!*!*Y

[Override] Friendly Urls Without Id Number For V1.5

Hello, HA!*!*Y.

Thank you for your work, its just great but it seems you've disabled {category:/} in cms controller. It does not work in my site any way That's a pity for me, as I cannot copy the sructure of my present site to the Prestashop based site.

People.

Please suggest me how to get {category:/} in CMS contoller working!

Prestashop 1.5.3.1

cleanurls_v0.3.1.zip

Spasibo:)

• Like 1

guys, I have a problem with my categories and subcategories url rewrite:

cat1/accesories/

cat2/accesories/ -> doesn't work, it shows the right url in status bar and dom but it redirects to the 1st one

http://www.e-unelte.ro/

if somebody knows how to fix it or had the same issue let me know

thank you

guys, I have a problem with my categories and subcategories url rewrite:

cat1/accesories/

cat2/accesories/ -> doesn't work, it shows the right url in status bar and dom but it redirects to the 1st one

http://www.e-unelte.ro/

if somebody knows how to fix it or had the same issue let me know

thank you

Do not use the same name (accesories), to make it work. Use "accesories-for-cat1" instead or any other but not the same.

:ph34r:

Do not use the same name (accesories), to make it work. Use "accesories-for-cat1" instead or any other but not the same.

:ph34r:

i know this solution but i'm looking for another one.

thanks anyway

Hi,

First of all great module! Thanks a lot.

I'm using version v3.1 on a 1.5.4 prestashop. Added the extra code to Link.php in order to get {categories} working.

Just one problem I've found:

- In product view, the breadcrumbs are not working properly, there's no link to the last category. The name is there, but considered together with the product name as the last item of the breadcrumb.

I tried to override the Tools.php getPath function, but no luck so far.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Hello, HA!*!*Y and thank for your module !

Just a question, what should I do for changing /manufacturer/ or /info/ by other texts ?

Thx you

Hi, I'm using 1.5_v0.22 and I'm having this problem:

In my Google shopping feed there are URL's with EAN numbers in it. You can find my feed here:

http://www.wifinetwe...er.nl.shop1.xml

The URL's aren't rewritten correctly.

I would like top update to PS 1.5.4. But I've made changes to the URL rewrite settings. What are the default settings? See my current settings in the screenshot. Also want to know wich override files I need to delete.

EDIT: removed {-:ean13} wich whas still in override/classes/dispatcher.php. But still want to know how te upgrade to 1.5.4 and remove my current settings in 1.5.3.1

post-466137-0-95022800-1369197348_thumb.png

Edited by BuB (see edit history)

why it does not work on redirect /override/classes/dispatcher.php in PS 1.5.4.1

1.5.4.1 : is it working with SSL enabled ?

i make a POC but ican't activate SSL on the backoffice : it doesn't work .... any idea to énable it ?

thx

Hi guys, i'm using prestashop 1.4.6.2 and i want know if removing the .html extension of product's links will improve SEO.

If it does, could someone tell me how to remove it ??.

Greetings, Thanks.

I *love* this module.

I have to redirect my old site URL by URL onto the new one. This works for "end pages" like products or CMS articles, but it doesn't work for "catalog" pages like categories or manufacturers. This is because Drupal won't let you save a URL redirect with a trailing slash.

So given that the path expertise is in this thread...

Can I changed my rewrite rule in Presta so it doesn't need the trailing / on manufacturers?

My current rule is:

manufacturer/{rewrite}/

I tried removing the / but that made things worse. Is there something else I could do?

worked perfectly for 1.5.4.1.

thank you SO much.

Hi this module have a bug, if two subcategories have same name, it not work correctly and redirect only a one subcategories

worked perfectly for 1.5.4.1.

thank you SO much.

1.5.4.1 with version 0.3.1 NOT working perfectly!

at first problems with categories - pages not founds.

and when uninstall module - fatal error and afterwards admin and frontpage CRASH!

do not use this version with 1.5.4.1.

Hi,

I did not want to confuse clients and have error links by enabling other languages except english. Upon doing so, my URLs was changed from /en/product ID to /product id.

However URLs on my website does not update the change and I have now broken links like:

http://www.francesca...rowse-all-items on my store front here: http://screencast.com/t/uyRNSDHuB6z

appreciate any help!

Hi,

I did not want to confuse clients and have error links by enabling other languages except english. Upon doing so, my URLs was changed from /en/product ID to /product id.

However URLs on my website does not update the change and I have now broken links like:

http://www.francesca...rowse-all-items on my store front here: http://screencast.com/t/uyRNSDHuB6z

appreciate any help!

Thanks for the cleanurls module! It's very necessary helpful mod for SEO

Unfortunatelly nobody updates and fixes this module. I had to buy one from store and it works just like I need it, without any bugs or limitations for the url. Thank you, Happy, but Im not using your module.

Any way it is good, if you do not have an online site and do not need to copy your URLs from previous project as I do.

Hope, this module will have a better times.

Hi there guys, first of all great module!!

I want to keep these urls:

Old site product route: domain/de/category/subcategory/product-ean13.htm

Old site category route: domain/de/category/subcategory/index.htm

For my new ps 1.5.4.1 project everything works just fine except the part when i want to add the .htm part to the route to category.

If i put index.html it`s ok, i`ll get:

domain/en/category/subcategory/index.html

...else if i add index.htm i will get a 404.

What`s the deal with htm? Is there a way to put htm?

post-595745-0-07229800-1371199257_thumb.jpg -> How my seo looks like.

Sorry if this question was asked before, i missed the answer..

Edited by andreea.anghel (see edit history)

Solved the thing. Seems like you can`t do that using SEO, so you have to go in .htaccess and at the top put this:

Options -Multiviews

RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /prestashop/

RewriteRule ^(.*)/(.*)/index.htm$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}$1/$2/ [R=301,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/index.htm$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}$1/$2/$3 [R=301,L]

# ~~start~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

// Hope it will help somebody

I've been working with other CMSystems for years, fx. Drupal - here we have a databasetable for handling this issue, url-alias's, containing all friendly urls - works like a charm, and it solves all there strange workarounds we see here.

Just checking magento - URL alias's are also a built'in feature here - could we hope that PS 1.5.4.2 perhaps has this feature :-)

I think I found a bug! On the product page when I click on the manufacturer does not pass me to the correct page, the address to which it is addressed is the type: w w w . m y s i t e . c o m/manufacturer/(name of product)/. I use version 1.5.4.1 and 0.3.1 module... Anyone can help me. THANKS!!!!!

Edited by gabrielweb (see edit history)

hi, is there possibility to change links like this www.shop.com/category/subcategory/ instead of www.shop.com/subcategory/ when are you located in subcategory?

Hey!

Thanks for the CleanURLs Module. It seems working fine in PrestaShop 1.5.2 version. :)

Hi :-)

For first, thank you for your module.

Now, I need help with my shop. I try all new features on my localhost. CleanURL working good with product URL (domain.com/category/subcategory/product.html)

But I have problem with categories, URL is domain.com/category/subcategory/. And I see only domain.com/subcategory.

Can you help me please?

When I set SEO like a this screen - http://imageshack.us/f/198/xf2.png/

All categories are 404...

I try it on 1.5.4

Dang!!! I have been waiting for this for SUCH a long time, can't wait for the stable version!!! Next you should produce custom URL paths for images without id #... in addition to custom image naming features, alt and title tags, sub-title, etc... but mostly need the option to designate the image directory.... current path is TOOOOO deep to be seo friendly... that would make PS hardcore seo friendly.. keep up the GOOD work! And keep us informed, PLEASE :)

Edited by KSteele (see edit history)

Works fine on 1.5.4.1 except category images which are not showing, any idea why?

I have re generated images and .htaccess with no sucess.

Now i'm in trouble: after deleting CleanUrl module from back office, i have blank front and back office, no access.

I used FTP and deleted all files but index in folders: cache/smarty/cache and img/ tmp but nothing, still blank..

Can anyone help?

Yanc.... don't do anything else, and put the files back in place. Clear your browser cache and try again, LMK, if this helps.

"K"

I haven't installed this mod.... but, I think I read somewhere that there were manual edits to core files to make it work ??? If yes, you should also replace those files with the originals...

"K"

Yanc.... don't do anything else, and put the files back in place. Clear your browser cache and try again, LMK, if this helps.

"K"

Cleared the cache but nothing, still blank...

Cleared the cache but nothing, still blank...

Ok, but did you put the deleted files back in place before clearing your cache?

You may be "out of luck" if you didn't keep backups. I would pull a SQL DB backup right away before doing any more damage.

Then, overwrite the site files with fresh PS files... What version are you using btw?

No they were deleted. I'm on 1.5.4.1

I contacted my hosting company, they keep backups, i touch nothing else...i can't believe how could this happen just by deleting the module..

Few posts before there was a same case reported by someone, don't know if he solved it.

No they were deleted. I'm on 1.5.4.1

I would download the mod again and upload the files back to same directories.. refresh and see if that works to get you back to where you were... if yes, create immediate backups and store them in a safe place. Then refer back to the mod author for proper uninstall instructions. If not, hopefully your hosting company can help get their backups in place or at least tell you where you can download the backup and start over.

Lesson Learned: Redundancy in this industry is essential > meaning ALWAYS have backup's in place before site edits, image edits, etc...

Providing you have files from the backup...... and the fact that you never touched your database means that you should be able to just drop the files back in place and have things start working again.

***One other thought is that you are accessing the wrong URL to visit your site now that the page ID's are back in place... you may just be visiting the old URL.

Phewww, i solved it by enabling error reporting which showed an error in dispatcher.php.

I replaced Dispatcher.php with a copy from a local installation i had.

That gave me access again. After i uploaded module override files with FTP.

I also tried to install/enable module again from back office but i get an error:

The following module(s) were not installed properly:

• - cleanurls :
    Unable to install override: The method loadRoutes in the class Dispatcher is already overriden.

But it works like it is installed and i'm not going to delete it again for sure!

Now i'm (..almost happy :P ) back to my original problem: category images not showing.

Thanks to Ksteele for his help!

Is there anyway of seting the route to cms page without "info/" in front?

I would like to have clean url with only {rewrite} parameter.

ex. http://localhost/cms-page - where cms-page is only the friendly-url.

It is very important to me because i`m changing the platform (moving to presta) and i want to kepp all old urls and not be affected on google.

I have problem with category URL, still not working like domain.com/category/subcategory. Any solution?

Thx

Hi, if you want to see the entire route to subcategory you have to add a new keyword to category route named: categories

Modifications to make:

In override/classes/dispatcher in: public $default_routes

post-595745-0-55101300-1372678520_thumb.jpg

and in override/classes/link in: public function getCategoryLink

post-595745-0-22661800-1372678507_thumb.jpg

Hope it helps you.

• Like 2

Is there anyway of seting the route to cms page without "info/" in front?

I would like to have clean url with only {rewrite} parameter.

ex. http://localhost/cms-page - where cms-page is only the friendly-url.

It is very important to me because i`m changing the platform (moving to presta) and i want to kepp all old urls and not be affected on google.

djarmind and Zanys what version of PS are you 2 using? Can't help without details > be specific

I`m using 1.5.4.1. Evrything works perfect only with "info" or anything else in front of {rewrite} param.

So if i change the route settings for cms page to {rewrite} , the links for cms pages are ok and working BUT any other pages (contact, home, myaccount, category, etc.) don`t work anymore (404 error) .

If you cand help me with this you`ll make my day. My boss is pressing me to finish moving our store to presta.

Edited by djarmind (see edit history)

Hello,

i have a problem with the url's of my shop. Every product has more possible combinations. When a customer chooses a combination, the url changes. So far so good. But then, when the customer changes the language (for example: from german into italian), then prestashop looses the combination, which was selected before the language has changed. How can I solve this problem?

I`m using 1.5.4.1. Evrything works perfect only with "info" or anything else in front of {rewrite} param.

So if i change the route settings for cms page to {rewrite} , the links for cms pages are ok and working BUT any other pages (contact, home, myaccount, category, etc.) don`t work anymore (404 error) .

If you cand help me with this you`ll make my day. My boss is pressing me to finish moving our store to presta.

Note the warning at the top of "Schema of URL's" >>> Change the pattern of your links. There are some available keywords for each route listed below, keywords with * are required.

It looks like you removed the "id" parameter... put it back in and re-test. It should look like this: {id}-{rewrite}

@andreea.anghel THANK YOU!!! WORKING! :-)

Can someone tell me how to make it works with prestashop 1.5.4.1?? what i have to do?, version 3.0 says that it's a module so you can install it like that, but then we got version v.0.3 and it doesn't say how to make it works, if it's a module or i just have to download the zip then unzip and upload the files to the right folder and all is done.

Greetings.

Note the warning at the top of "Schema of URL's" >>> Change the pattern of your links. There are some available keywords for each route listed below, keywords with * are required.

It looks like you removed the "id" parameter... put it back in and re-test. It should look like this: {id}-{rewrite}

But this is the idea of this module. Not using the " {id} " param..............

• Like 1

But this is the idea of this module. Not using the " {id} " param..............

You're right djarmind... I was answering too many threads and better now. I personally have not installed this as I am waiting for the stable version. You run a risk of really fowling things up when beta testing a live site. Until then my solution was to put the "-{id}" (without the quotes) at the end of my string .vs the beginning like this: {rewrite}-{id} So, the url reads: mydomain/catagoryname-id# You can view the result here: http://www.naturalremedies-usa.com

Hope this helps, "K"

You're right djarmind... I was answering too many threads and better now. I personally have not installed this as I am waiting for the stable version. You run a risk of really fowling things up when beta testing a live site. Until then my solution was to put the "-{id}" (without the quotes) at the end of my string .vs the beginning like this: {rewrite}-{id} So, the url reads: mydomain/catagoryname-id# You can view the result here: http://www.naturalremedies-usa.com

Hope this helps, "K"

Thanks for writing K,

Still looking for a solution. Now i`m testing on localhost so I didn`t any change live, but i`m in hurry and this problem kepp me in place. I can`t afford to lose the old links by putting any character beside the name of the page. I need links for cms pages, like "domain.com/{rewrite}

If you or sombodyelse have any ideas i`m open to anything.

well i must say i got this in one shop that i have in PS 1.4.6.2 and it works, but the problem is that it generates too much duplicate metatitles and metadescriptions on WebmasterTools, why? i think it's because we are rewriting some url's but there are too much different url's that should be valid for show the same product.

So if we have 6 url's valid for show a product and we rewrite 3 or 4 , then still we have another 2 bad url's that aren't rewrited to the right url, so canonical doesn't work.

I think that using the default self url's with canonical should not generate any duplicate content but using this way, make your url's more friendly but you lose quality.

• Like 1

Hi,

Probably I did something really stupid and I dont know how to fix it:( This is what happend:

1. I installed cleanurls (on PS 1.5.4).

2. I checked the results, wasnt happy with the ?categories in the url

3. uninstalled it.

4. 500 errors on every link CMS and frontend

I dont have o lot of knowledge about PS and in the files I cant find the changes cleanurls made. Could anyone give me a tip how to undo it?

=========

Fixed it..

Edited by johan13v (see edit history)

Hi

I am just trying to test this module. It installs ok on Prestashop 1.5.4.1 and when I press Configure, I get a lot of these messages:

You need to fix duplicate URL entries

Lid Sid (27) - lid-sid

Lid sid x2 (27) - lid-sid-x2

Lid sid (27) - lid-sid-x2

So I guess somewhere I have many duplicates of something, how can I fix this? What do I need to do?

Many thanks

Hi

I am just trying to test this module. It installs ok on Prestashop 1.5.4.1 and when I press Configure, I get a lot of these messages:

Lid Sid (27) - lid-sid

Lid sid (27) - lid-sid-x2

So I guess somewhere I have many duplicates of something, how can I fix this? What do I need to do?

Many thanks

Your products must be have unique "Friendly URL" (Catalog \ Products \ Edit Product \ Seo). Check all fields.

Perfect, now all duplicates are gone.

It starts to look good but I have one major problem. At the bottom of each page a lot of code is printed, starting like this:

Array ( [0] => /homez.533/treeweb/givensa.treeweb.es/index.php [1] => /homez.533/treeweb/givensa.treeweb.es/config/config.inc.php [2] =>

You can see for yourself on the testsite at http://givensa.treeweb.es

just scroll to the bottom of any page.

If this can go away I think we are almost there.

Any ideas?

Edit: This might have been an issue with the test installation. Ignore this question for now.

Edited by FluffyCat (see edit history)

owh, man, ive been searching for this! thanks. :lol:

but i had already put some codes in the override folders.

it might be a pain for me to write it again.. huhu.. but this helps!

Not exactly sure which file I need to download and what to do:

Version 1.5.4.1

Thanks!

@Adam

I tested this on Prestashop 1.5.4.1 by downloading the v0.3.1, I found it a bit confusing as well with the versions.

Its a module, just upload the zip file. Then if you have duplicate urls it will tell you and you have to fix them (which is good).

Then there is a screenshot of how you can configure the SEO options.

I did some quick tests and the url rewriting seemed to work.

The big nono is uninstall. If you uninstall the module your site will break. There are some guidelines on how to recover in an earlier page.

I think the effort of creating a free module is admirable but it seems as it might not be maintained at the moment. At least the uninstall issue scared me a bit but apart from that I think it is working.

Finally we paid 50€ for another module that also does the task but that was a lot because I am not a Prestashop expert and if something breaks in the module, we need support.

Thanks for the reply!

So is this safe to use as I cannot risk losing all the work done on my site.

DId someone found a solution to the problem of CMS pages? We can not escape the parameter "info" in front of the parameter "rewrite" ????

We have done lot of customization in UI. Core and the modules arent touched much. You can check the UI customization at http://www.game4u.com.

We are using all custom images. When we do a basic prestashop installation then all images work fine with friendly url but with custom images they are failing. First we want images to work with friendly URL and then we can work on removing ids.

Hi, i have the module working fine in prestashop 1.5.4.1 the problem is that sometimes it add a "#" after the product url , does someone know how to fix it?

After modyfing the dispatcher.php and making the rule for CMS to display ony the rewrite_url, evrything looks ok except the front pages like index.php, contact.php, sitemap.php, etc wich gives me 404 errors.

Where do i have to make the modyfications the change the way this pages display? Wich controller manage them?

I`m using 1.5.4.1

Edited by djarmind (see edit history)

How can i make product 'reference' be required instead of 'rewrite'?

Beacuse i got alot products with same name but different reference eg:

Test - reference: 101

Test - reference: 102

Test - reference: 103

Edited by editorstefan (see edit history)

hi, is there possibility to change links like this www.shop.com/category/subcategory/ instead of www.shop.com/subcategory/ when are you located in subcategory?

I've got the same question for cleanurls v0.3.1, installed to Prestashop 1.5.4.1 (files copied to /overwrite/).

I've edited Link.php, Dispatcher.php and changed 'route to category' to '{categories:/}{rewrite}/' but still no luck.

The link to a product is mysite/en/baking/bread/koopmans-broodmix.html, so logically the category of 'koopmans-broodmix' would be mysite/en/baking/bread/. But the link to the subcategory 'bread' is mysite/en/bread/.

So, anyone has a clue how to get correct links to subcategories?

Although you all have a question regarding Friendly URLs, your questions are all very different.

Please do respect the rule "1 question = 1 topic" and open your own thread.

With multistore is it possible to have the same product name and url slug in multiple stores? Currently I am receiving an error:

I am using Prestashop 1.5.4 and cleanurls v0.3.1

**Update**

Multistore works with cleanurls v0.3 as it does not check for duplicate urls. I hope multistore functionality can be taken into account for future updates.

Thanks for your work HA!*!*Y.

Edited by digitalRoots (see edit history)

To be more inline with Prestashop defaults, I think the following overrides should be changed:

• Route to products: {category:/}{rewrite}{-:ean13}.html
  • Route to CMS page: content/{rewrite}
  • Route to CMS category: content/category/{rewrite}

A humble feature request:

I would like to also disable 'rewrite' from being required. At least for products because I would like to make the url slug {reference}.

I tried to look at the module to see if I could figure out how {id} was removed and was hoping to be able to implement something similar for {rewrite}, but I so far have not been able to figure it out.

Bug Found:

Seems like hyphens do not seem to work for routes, at least not for products. I tried '{reference}-{rewrite}', '{reference}{-:rewrite}', '{reference:-}{rewrite}'. The url would look correct, but would take me to 404 or product not found. I finally decided to us'{reference}_{rewrite}', which works.

I have one question : at the end of an url product, i have a "#".

For exemple : http://www.testprest...toto-1971.html#

And, of course, i don't want this "#", how to do ?

Follow this commit : https://github.com/C...e93b88823b93b6c

B)

But be careful, as I didn't yet dig enough ...

maybe can cause a bug elsewhere ...

EDIT : My commit was reviewed in Presta by bLeveque and merged by gRoussac, so I think it's all ok :)

You guys can apply this commit to your own shop

Edited by Captain FLAM (see edit history)

Great work on this. Please get a module up for sale on this so you can get paid for a very valuable tool. This is not easy and requires updates as PrestaShop updates, so we as a community need someone invested in this project for long term. Those that helped could possibly partner up?

• Like 1

Please, can you help? I installed removeURLid1.5_v0.22 and now I cannot access my site.

I get this error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class DispatcherCore in /home/content/11/11472611/html/override/classes/Dispatcher.php on line 31

Many thanks in advance.

EDIT: I fixed it. I won't be using this module htough, I can't make it work.

Edited by PrestaQueen (see edit history)

40 Euro equals = 53.06 US Dollar

If anyone wants to have clean URL module customized and/or installed, I would be happy to do that for a small fee. PM me.

I will try to get a new release soon. If you would like to try the subcategory URL fix PM me your email ill send you a copy for testing.

It works, but even after creating index on link_rewrite column in category_lang and product_lang table, it slowes down rendering time by 5 seconds...got 500 categories and 20000 products

Edited by Kimi (see edit history)

Hi, when i do a combination with a product i see that a # is added at the end of the name of the product, before the attributes, how can i remove this "#" of the url?, It should be great if someone can answer me.

Regards.

To be more inline with Prestashop defaults, I think the following overrides should be changed:

• Route to products: {category:/}{rewrite}{-:ean13}.html
  • Route to CMS page: content/{rewrite}
  • Route to CMS category: content/category/{rewrite}

What do you mean the two points that sometimes precede some fields?

Please, I have a problem and don't know if its related to the module. I have 1.5.4.1 version and I get white page when I try to edit SEO (titles and meta) for the all the pages: cms, index...

Anyone having this issue?