Multishop install for testing please

Hi

We have just configured prestashop 1.5 for multi store, this is the second store, and we have built it with wholesale in mind.

Our normal store is

www.u-bolts-r-us.co.uk

the second store is

www.u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/wholesale (This is configured using multistore to give 20% discount when purchasing > £200 and free UK shipping (reduced rates rest of UK)

Once I can sort our shipping we will go global shipping

Comments greatly appreciated

• 1 month later...

if I understand it you're using the multi store to manage the site with a normal sale to all and the other for sales to retailers .. or better, with prices for resellers .. to do what I think should create a single store and handle it through user groups .. and for example you can create a group called resellers which say that all members of that group and will see the prices of the store with x% discount so a reduction in percentage or a fixed reduction ..

I hope I was clear :)

Sorry for my english ... :)

Edited by enzolarosa (see edit history)

Now I understand. I do know of that method and you make a valid point. The problem is that when visitors visit the site, they all see the headline price. Only when you have given customers a group would they see the reduced price.

I wanted new customers to easily see the reduced price - and for those reduced prices to get onto google shopping etc

If a potential re-seller sees a high price, they will simply move on. If they see branding that clearly states the reduced price they are more likely to stay

That was my reason for doing it this way

we found the best way to accomplish is install a module on wholesale site that will not show prices or shopping cart except to authorized customers (resellers) we have one...that works on single or selected shops in a multishop environment. There may be others.

http://www.etiendas.co/en/etiendas-prestashop-modules/37-private-shop-authorized-only.html

I understand .. from this point of view you're right .. but I like "normal" customer could sign up to the site of the dealers and get the discount .. unless you put the recording limited companies ..

We use a minimum order value of £200 - our thoughts are that if anyone wants to spend the £200 they can have the discounts

we found the best way to accomplish is install a module on wholesale site that will not show prices or shopping cart except to authorized customers (resellers) we have one...that works on single or selected shops in a multishop environment. There may be others.

http://www.etiendas....rized-only.html

I will have a look - but my point is that we WANT people (and Google) to see the prices. If I was looking for something and could not see a price, or a price that was too high we would move on

I suppose to put this in context. We are a manufacturer of pipe supports and we have many traditional customers who phone us up to place orders. They get a traditional 30 invoice account with us. They will not go near the website - and for now we are happy with that

This is to try and attract new customers who will pay up front and get a good deal. For that they need to be attracted by the headline price