how to reduce cpu usage ?

I have a problem here, my prestashop website use more than 30% cpu process. Through the rules of the shared hosting I use if my website use moore than 20%cpu proses they shut down my website. My quesiont how to reduce that 30%cpu usage ?

I use prestashop 1.4.8.2, with 1000product in list.

Edited by yudaxxx (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

My hosting said that there may be two problems. First problem: a bad programmed for PrestaShop modules and scripts. Second problem: too weak hosting. Problem of Prestasop modules not found. A few days later I will change Hoster. Now hoster gives my 8 PHP processes. New Hoste will give 20 PHP process (PHP process exceedances, it means the CPU is exceeded). Since I exceed the PHP processes I think this should help.

has either host translated a single visitor to your site, to the number of php processes that are being used? Have you used google analytics to determine how many users are visiting your website?

you might consider upgrading to v1.4.9, as it did improve performance. However it is difficult to say if it will reduce the 'cpu usage' that the host is claiming.

has either host translated a single visitor to your site, to the number of php processes that are being used? Have you used google analytics to determine how many users are visiting your website?

you might consider upgrading to v1.4.9, as it did improve performance. However it is difficult to say if it will reduce the 'cpu usage' that the host is claiming.

Host gives me no information how much one visitor uses PHP processes. The more intricately programmed with Prestashop the more uses of PHP processes (I think). I use analytics. But there is not much difference between 70 or 400 visitors online PHP using the same process.

I use analytics. But there is not much difference between 70 or 400 visitors online PHP using the same process.

Not true, it is highly dependent on how the web server (assume apache) is configured to spawn the php process. And the fact that your current host allows you '8' php processes, you need to understand how many visitors those 8 php processes can support, so you can compare it to the other host offering you '20'.

you also need to understand how much load each of those php processes generate so you can do a comparison. for all you know, those 20 processes will generate the same amount of cpu usage.

Not true, it is highly dependent on how the web server (assume apache) is configured to spawn the php process. And the fact that your current host allows you '8' php processes, you need to understand how many visitors those 8 php processes can support, so you can compare it to the other host offering you '20'.

you also need to understand how much load each of those php processes generate so you can do a comparison. for all you know, those 20 processes will generate the same amount of cpu usage.

My server Apache. I thought that 20 is a two-and-a-half times more than 8. But you say that it can not be the same. I have already started to move to another host. See if 20 PHP processes will help me.

Edited by Shoperis (see edit history)