Hi,

ps 1.5

i have compare product enable.

my products are comparable.

every works fine, except in this case :

- product comparison set to 3 max

- i'm on a page comparison with 2 products

- i go to another category via menu and i want to compare other products

----> i can check only one product because the previous selected products are still selected (and then i obtain an alert box)

of course, i can just modify the alert box message to inform the custumer to uncheck previous compared products... not so user friendly :/

can somebody tell me how to set automatic uncheck when leaving page

an another way could be : when landing on a page with more than 1 product how to check automaticly 3 products (3 or more, depends on the value sets in the back office), i think it's a way to force uncheck other previous product but i don't what to do, or more exactly : where to do :)

hope, i'm clear

Best regards

Edited by cybervirem (see edit history)

This was actually changed some time back to this behavior so that you could compare products from different pages or categories.

If the products compare auto disabled you could only compare products form 1 category on the same page.

Your idea of changing the message is probably a good idea and one that I may steal. :)

:)

you're welcome

i reconsidered my understanding of this feature :) : yes it is interesting to compare products belonging to different categories.

i just translated the message in the alert box so that the users know what to do, and undestand that they can compare products from different category.

but just for fun, i will try do deal with automatic uncheck (i will work with /classes/Category.php to empty the sql product_compare table when landing on a category page)

• 4 weeks later...