Tax not shown in 1.5.2

The cart in prestashop 1.5.2 don't show the tax.

The article has 3 possible VAT, wich 1 is selected as "standard" (21%), but the cart show 0.

Any suggestion?

Also trying to figure this out.

Go to

Localization separator_breadcrumb.png Taxes

Scroll to the bottom...

Display tax in cart:

Should be set to Yes...I have it enabled on my shop (set to Yes) but the cart summary doesn't show taxes still.

Also the cart block module shows taxes $0.00 - I can't get it to show the correct tax amount.

Let me know if you come up with anything...I'll keep you posted too.

Edited by Arkadia (see edit history)

Also, I believe if taxes aren't applied globally (as in some places have taxes and some don't), you have to log in and select a state/country that has a tax applied.

For example: I only have tax for Washington state. Tax only shows up if a customer logs in with a Washington address. If someone logs in, say from Oregon, they won't see the tax in the cart.

As stated above, when you create a product, you have to select the tax for the products.

You may have already known this but I just wanted to point it out just in case it was overlooked.

I have this problem also and I have tried everything I can to resolve. My country is simple with one tax on everything GST 15%. I have set the tax rules, I have added products via CSV and set tax id to relate to the tax rule ID number. I have added manual product and set tax and still nothing.

Keen to hear if anyone managed to resolve and what else to try.

The problem was easy to solve, simply using a little bit of "mind".

Until the user login, prestashop must show the seller taxes.

But it is sad that apparently no one applies a little '"common sense" in the planning of prestashop.

My issue was different and not sure if a bug or something I accidentally did during setup. The tax rates where set up with their ID and the tax rule had it's own specific ID. For some reason they were the same number. I deleted both and amended taking the tax rule number and entering that into the CSV file before importing. It worked straight away. And yes you need to setup how you want pricing to be view for the Groups inc Tax or ex Tax.

Hi,

This is a follow up on the discussion. I'm new to Prestashop and I'm trying to understand some basics.

At first my cart wasn't showing the taxes (I live in the US). Then for a test product I updated the Prices section including a tax rule. Now I get to see the tax being applied to this product in the cart.

My question is:

1. DO i have to do this manually for each product in the catalog? There are more than 1000 products in this shop!

2. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but do I have to apply each tax rule (I have 52 rules, one for each US state) to each product?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.