User Login and cart failure in Firefox and Chrome: Prestashop 1.5.0

Hi,

Here's my problem.

Users can not login, and whenever an item is placed in the cart it disappears if another action is made on the page. Any click to another page, adding another item, ANYTHING at all and it is gone.

I suspect it is a cookie problem but cannot figure out the root of the problem. IE and Safari work fine. I have tried 3 seperate computers, cleared cookies and cache on all 3 and it still fails.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Hi

I am having what appears to be the same very same issue.

Everything works fine in Internet Explorer. But in Firefox & Chrome, the user cannot login and the cart does not work properly.

This is the Site

http://www.hazshop.com

The test username [email protected]

The password is.......password

I have a feeling that it has something to do with permissions on the server as there were issues with it last week.

I deleted the cookies for my shop in Chrome and Firefox and it solved it too. I would be slightly concerned though about why it happened in the first place.

I deleted cookies in both firefox and chrome and still can't log in or keep items in cart.

I tried it in private browsing in firefox and it does work.

How to fix this?

Ive had this problem from day 1....

The only workaround I found was to remove the www from your domain, and secure domain in the prestashop seo/url settings.

You may have to also turn off "Automatically redirect to Canonical URL".

Its not the best solution for me because I need the www. for my ssl certificate, but if you dont use ssl then I think this could solve it for you.

Edited by MerseyRay (see edit history)

It's strange but everything works fine at the moment and I haven't changed anything. Will try it tomorrow at work with IE, we'll see if it still works. Keep you updated. Cheers

Funny, someone else said that the problem fixed itself after a while.

Unfortunately for me it still doesn't work, tried all suggested fixes

• 4 weeks later...

Ive had this problem from day 1....

The only workaround I found was to remove the www from your domain, and secure domain in the prestashop seo/url settings.

You may have to also turn off "Automatically redirect to Canonical URL".

Its not the best solution for me because I need the www. for my ssl certificate, but if you dont use ssl then I think this could solve it for you.

I'm in exactly the same poisition

if you find a solution please keep us informed

i will try setting again this again.

but i wand the www for ssl also

Edited by jimmyc (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi Sam and others,

Im trying to do this fix https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/93038e45f80c0fbe31cfd61432c2826fe701c916

Deleting the 3 lines of code to see if it fixes my same problem as others above have had... however I noticed I have 4 of these files when and not sure which one to edit, can you let me know which one it is?

The 4 Shop.php files I have are located in :

1. /public_html/classes/shop

2. /public_html/override/classes/shop

3. /www/classes/shop

4. /www/override/classes/shop

Files 1 & 3 are the same size about 31063b

and 2 & 4 are same at 41b

If someone could let me know which one to modify. If I modify 1 will the others change or do I need to modify all of them?

Thanks

D'