pixelgeeks

[Updated MODULE] Feedback Form v0.3

Hi, this isn't really a module yet its just a feedback form that also displays the feedback, this now doesn't require a database. I made this because I needed a feedback page for my own online shop and I wanted to contribute to the prestashop community :D

I though I'd release it since I've finished the form, and now I'm working on a actual module that will display 2 of the newest feedback received in a little block in either the left or the right column.

I'll basically explain what it does, the customer goes to http://youdomain.com/feedback.php and is presented with the received feedback at the top if any newest first 10 per page and a form at the bottom that consists of Name: Product Bought: Feedback: the customer first needs to login before they can view the form, when the customer fills out the form and clicks the leave feedback button the feedback is put in a .txt file on your server in a date format e.g 20090602190103.txt which will look like:

There Name
The Product Name
2009-06-02 10:19:25 PM - Date
The Feedback Field

How to install:

simply unzip and upload the attached files to your root, feedback.php, feedback.class.php, feedbackstyle.css and create a new folder called feedbacktxt and chmod the folder 775 then upload the feedback.tpl to theme folder now just go to youdomain.com/feedback.php and thats it :D

The feedback page will just look like any other page in your shop and abide by your theme. I've attached a pic to so you can see how it will be set out, it will look different with your theme.

Hope you like, and I will be updating it soon!! - Updated on the 1st July 2009

Changes 0.3:
- Customer needs to login before they can view the leave feedback form.
- Login link redirects to feedback.php after login.
- Auto fills out the name field.
- Improved .css
- The leave feedback and reset form buttons now abide by you theme.

feedbackformv0.3.zip

• Like 1

Hi pixelgeeks

Thanks for sharing such useful piece :-)

However there is something that makes me wonder:

Is it safe to drop in the root a file like that with all db info exposed?
Do you think a chmod 444 for both will do the job?

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi pixelgeeks

Thanks for sharing such useful piece :-)

However there is something that makes me wonder:

Is it safe to drop in the root a file like that with all db info exposed?
Do you think a chmod 444 for both will do the job?

Thanks

Thanks for you reply this is why I said for testing only I'm actually in the process of changing this so instead of this script using a DB (which was a very bad idea) it will use something like a .txt file to store all the feedback in which will be more safer and easier to install.

Thanks for you reply this is why I said for testing only I'm actually in the process of changing this so instead of this script using a DB (which was a very bad idea) it will use something like a .txt file to store all the feedback in which will be more safer and easier to install.

Well I don´t know if it was really a bad idea to store all the feedback in the DB (thinking of a kind of future report we could gather from e.g. a product) :-), but what about to put those two files on a safer folder?

Regards,
Wilson

Updated to v0.02 which now uses .txt files rather than your MySQL database :cheese:

Hi Pixelgeeks,

I tested your module and it was very good.

Would it be possible to restrict the form to only registered users?

Hi Pixelgeeks,

Yeah I think it should be posible, I'll have a look into it in a bit and I'll update it if I can do it.

Thanks Sam

nice module pixelgeeks, it's something which i've been waiting for !

Hi Pixelgeeks,

Hi now updated, the customer now needs to be logged in before they can see the feedback form and also some other improvements.

Thanks for the update Pixelgeeks.

This now works very well, and it's all Thanks to your beautiful contribution.

Hi Pixelgeeks,
Please help me out, for some reason all my feedacks words (every single word) is on a separate line.

Would u know what the problem might be? this is for all the txt in feedbacktxt folder.

Plz help....

Thanks in advance

Hi pixelgeeks,

How is your feedback module going? Are you able to make it to show the contain in the blocks?

I have just installed your form. It works very well. Thanks

Edit:

Can we send out a link in the email after the customers received the products? So that they can click the link and leave a feedback? And can the product's ID or invoice # be auto fill in so that the customers do not need to fill out the product name in the form?

This is a very good form. Thanks again.

Are the directory write permisions right of the module?

Hello

Thanks for that great contribution.

I change it a little bit to suit to my needs, I removed the product information, and in the title of the post i add the date of the submited post

But I have on issue

in the text area it add / when the text has '
example

J\'ai commandé

Do you have any idea tho solve that problem ?

thanks

Hi,

Thanks for sharing on the forum and Happy new year !!!

U got an XSS with $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; on line 102 in feedback.class.php

function displayAddForm(){

// below is the HTML feedback form
?>  

Leave Us Feedback:
 <form class="iform" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>" method="post" align="left">

<?php   
}

Also you make html in php which is really not recommanded in PrestaShop which follows MVC pattern, but not so grave....

Cheers

Gregory

Hi I like this feature but just a question: Will the customers be able to see the feedback form once they had their order?

bonjour,

est il compatible avec internet explorer car je rencontre des probleme de compatibilité ?

merci

j'ai réglé cela en ouvrant les fichiers et en les enregistrant avec encodage UTF-8

pour moi ils apparaissent bien :)

j'ai installer ce module sa ma mit reussi mais apres je le trouve pas pour l'installer comment faire ??

Hey Guys,

In the English forum please post English words.

Thanks.

Hello,

There is a security issue (XSS) with the 'name' field, you can submit some Javascript code.
By using this module as it is actually you are exposing your site to some problems.

Bye

Hello,

There is a security issue (XSS) with the 'name' field, you can submit some Javascript code.
By using this module as it is actually you are exposing your site to some problems.

Bye

I hope not.....is this solvable ?

BTW, How can I put the date in the message, or in the headline, just like here: http://www.themoncafe.fr/boutique/feedback.php

hello,

Jet managed to solve the problem of the link, but I am having a concern because it does not m'affiche link to change the page.

111107023726687575.jpg