vekia

[FREE MODULE] European Union Cookie Law Block responsive 1.7 1.6 1.5 1.4

I want to say thank you for the module.

I want to know if you can add button with link that directs you in the "privacy"?

i have PS 1.7.0.4 - module installed correctly, but mesage not showing, its empty.

I want to say thank you for the module.

I want to know if you can add button with link that directs you in the "privacy"?

you can add it by yourself in rich text editor.

i have PS 1.7.0.4 - module installed correctly, but mesage not showing, its empty.

please share an url to your website for inspection purposes

Thanks Vekia ,it works like a charm!!! Great Job!!! :wub:

you;re welcome :-)

may i know what ps version you use?

This module worked for me, but it has stopped working? It is installed and enabled, but it is not being loaded on the page. Is there something I can check to see what's blocking it from loading? (Prestashop 1.6)

Edited by PhilippeLeroux (see edit history)

hello

case requires inspection of page where you use it

please share an url and say something about current module settings (what position you selected, what position you selected to include its libraries)

Hi,

www.yogaweb.be

Multi shop, multi language

position of cookie bar: top

position of library: bottom

Ignore the cookie script that's there now. Temp solution until I get the module working.

Thanks!

is the module installed and enabled now?

okay

i checked it again

i dont see any code of the module in the footer section of your website

because of this please:

- make sure that you use recent verison of the module

-  go to modules > positions

- search there for modules list named "displayFooter"

- do you see there cookies module on this list? 

if not, hit on transplant button and move module to displayFooter hook.

I've used your module on many sites without problems. Now I am installing the latest version on a customer's shop, but the module just erases the text everytime i hit Save. The result is an empty box with no cookie information and no text on the button. The shop is default theme and PS 1.6.0.14 vinmager - dk add . (don't wan't the page indexed from forum link.

EDIT: I have text on the botton (this was just the wrong color). So changes to everything else but the cookie text itself is saved

• Like 1

I've used your module on many sites without problems. Now I am installing the latest version on a customer's shop, but the module just erases the text everytime i hit Save. The result is an empty box with no cookie information and no text on the button. The shop is default theme and PS 1.6.0.14 vinmager - dk add . (don't wan't the page indexed from forum link.

EDIT: I have text on the botton (this was just the wrong color). So changes to everything else but the cookie text itself is saved

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/200124-free-module-european-union-cookie-law-block-responsive-17-16-15-14/?p=2076917

That's the same problem that I have. No text, no button and in fact no coloured bar.

its not the same problem, problem that described prestafan1234 is related to issue in prestashop 1.6.0.14 related to save configuration in prestashop database

your case is different because on your page - there is no code of the cookie. and case requires inspection in shop bo.

I understand what you are saying, no code on the page. However from the Back end screen shots I posted, you can see it is installed. I've tried removing/uninstalling and reinstalling and then re config. Still the same no code on page. 

I understand what you are saying, no code on the page. However from the Back end screen shots I posted, you can see it is installed. I've tried removing/uninstalling and reinstalling and then re config. Still the same no code on page. 

this is why i said that your case requires inspection in shop back office. its not standard behaviour of module / modules that code is not available in page source.

my post that i linkied has code example,

you can see there how it looks like and how it should look like

Sorry for the late reply.

I have checked classes/configuration.php and the code is already as in your example. So I guess it must be a different issue?

if ($html)
foreach ($values as &$value)
$value = Tools::purifyHTML($value);

ver 1.7.x

ver de, nl, cz ...
No translation of the "close" button.

ver 1.7.x

ver de, nl, cz ...

No translation of the "close" button.

what is the problem, just do it by yourself.

Hello,

First of all thanks a lot for the module. I used the version 1.7.3 and it worked great.

Today I have installed the new version 1.7.4 for prestashop 1.6 and the popup with the cookie alert doesn´t appear.

Any idea which could be the problem?

Thanks a lo for your time and help :)

Katia

Thank you for sharing this module to the community! 

Unfortunately, it does not comply to the EU cookie law, because it simply displays an informational text about using cookies. This is not enough.

But as a shop owner you must not set cookies unless your customer has agreed to accept cookies. So this module should be extended to block cookie usage until the user consents. it is lawful to require cookies for the purpose of generating shopping cart functionalities, but it is unlikely in technical point of view that a cookie is required for such.

Hello

Many thanks for this module ... it worked perfectly on 1.7.0.5

Problem happened when I upgrade to 1.7.1.1

The module doesn't work anymore even after updating to V4...

I noticed a responsivity problem as well in the shopping cart when deleting an article (Freezed page)...

Do you have any advice please

Thanks

post-953079-0-65299800-1496422876_thumb.jpg

Hello, 

i've installed the module and it works fine. Thanks for developing it!

I have a question: How can i align the text to the left (on the phone version), considering the fact that i have the Zopim chat on the right side of the screen blocking the cookie text? 

Please see attached photo.

Thanks!

post-42763-0-73205200-1497000622_thumb.png

Thank you for sharing this module to the community! 

Unfortunately, it does not comply to the EU cookie law, because it simply displays an informational text about using cookies. This is not enough.

But as a shop owner you must not set cookies unless your customer has agreed to accept cookies. So this module should be extended to block cookie usage until the user consents. it is lawful to require cookies for the purpose of generating shopping cart functionalities, but it is unlikely in technical point of view that a cookie is required for such.

it's enough, in almost all countries it is enough to display the information only.

Hello,

First of all thanks a lot for the module. I used the version 1.7.3 and it worked great.

Today I have installed the new version 1.7.4 for prestashop 1.6 and the popup with the cookie alert doesn´t appear.

Any idea which could be the problem?

Thanks a lo for your time and help :)

Katia

it can be a matter of browser cache, especially if you previously "accepted" cookies.

Hello
Many thanks for this module ... it worked perfectly on 1.7.0.5
Problem happened when I upgrade to 1.7.1.1
The module doesn't work anymore even after updating to V4...
I noticed a responsivity problem as well in the shopping cart when deleting an article (Freezed page)...
Do you have any advice please
Thanks

it is not standard behaviour of the module and prestashop cart

there must be something else in the background that blocks your page

case requires inspection

Hello, 

i've installed the module and it works fine. Thanks for developing it!

I have a question: How can i align the text to the left (on the phone version), considering the fact that i have the Zopim chat on the right side of the screen blocking the cookie text? 

Please see attached photo.

Thanks!

aligning text to the left will be not enough

text will be covered with 'chat' even after you will align text to the left.

Hi!! thanks for sharing this module!!! :D

I have a problem with PS 1.7.0.4 and module version 1.7.3. 

The alert message in the footer appears on all pages.

I can accept with the button and disappear on this page, but when i go to another page, appear again.

pd. Sorry x my english and thanks again!! :P

Nobody can help me please!? 

:)

Thanks!!

Hi!! thanks for sharing this module!!! :D

I have a problem with PS 1.7.0.4 and module version 1.7.3. 

The alert message in the footer appears on all pages.

I can accept with the button and disappear on this page, but when i go to another page, appear again.

pd. Sorry x my english and thanks again!! :P

Edited by GemeloPS (see edit history)

released new version and updated first message in this topic with new libraries.

new version has improvements related to save process of the message in multistore environments.

@Ambassadors,

was trying to upload uecookie.zip into version 1.6.11, but nothing happened?!

The upload confirmation is successful, but the module is not on the list which I could enable it, or something...

@Ambassadors,

was trying to upload uecookie.zip into version 1.6.11, but nothing happened?!

The upload confirmation is successful, but the module is not on the list which I could enable it, or something...

maybe you've got some filters active, like filter to show only installed modules or modules that are enabled etc.

howdy milos, have you considered adding 1) when geo location is enabled and 2) the detected country does not have EU cookie rule...not to show?  Why?  anyone outside of area's that do not require/want notification find it obnoxious.  happy day old friend, el

howdy milos, have you considered adding 1) when geo location is enabled and 2) the detected country does not have EU cookie rule...not to show?  Why?  anyone outside of area's that do not require/want notification find it obnoxious.  happy day old friend, el

Hey Fred,

well, i never thought about it ;)

added this feature to module to-do list :)

Hey Fred,

well, i never thought about it ;)

added this feature to module to-do list :)

thank you, for US market we do not have this regulation but we have sometimes need to change terms of service if they change (feature hint)...a typical US visitor reaction is roll their eyes and rather than click ok, we close the browser window.  Love your work, always big fan.  Still using your most useful tabs module and love it.  derf

Hello Vekia ,

Thanks for the module 

But i have a problem in PrestaShop 1.7.2.1 when i press the " add module " button nothing happens and i can`t install it .

Can someone Help me with that.

Best Regards

Hello , 

First of all thank you very much for this good modul . 

I need some help with it. I have installed it on PrestaShop 1.7.2.1 and when i write text or do any configurations it is not saved after i click on save. 

Please some help how to fix this. 

do you use recent version of the module ? 

Hi, thanks for this module, is great!

Is there a way to always show the cookie? After I close it, when I enter again in the website, I want the cookie bar to be shown again

Thanks!!

Thanks for this module. I am testing it now.

In our theme it seems it's not possible to add it to the footer, it's stuck at the top.

Is it possible to edit the CSS so we can remove "top: 0px" and add "bottom: 0px"? I need to know which file to edit to change that. 

Thanks again!

On my shop the module doesn't work with "move javascript to the end" performance option. Disabling this option messes other modules - how to solve this?

OK, I fixed it, I had problems with other JS module and cookie law module was affected by this (I couldn't accept/close the notification).

Edited by vkmaxx (see edit history)

Hi 
First of all thanks for sharing. 
 I installed this module but I have a problem:
If I put some different text or colors it doesn't save it even if I click on Save, so isn't possible to modify it. 
I'm Using presta 1.6.1.17 , what can I do? 
Thanks

Hello, maybe someone has already asked, but should bè possible close the banner Just the user scroll the page or click somewhere in the page? Many sites have this feature.

Thank you

Hi

thanks for this modul!

I installed the last version for 1.6.1.15. and I can`t see the cookie box on my site. In backoffice I can see the hooks in Positions/displayfooter and the module in modules.

What´s the problem?

My Website: www.goldau-security.de

Thanks

Hello every body.
Thanks for this free module.
Is there any possibility to modify this module for not breaking W3C ?
I guess that put all the style in a css file and add it with  "addCSS()" should do the tric no ?
Thanks in advance for help.

Snap1.jpg

Hi Vekia,

Please let me know if you develop a module to comply with the GDPR - EU new cookies law/regulation?

Thanks,

Hello,

I am sorry to say I am having problems using this app, I am running Prestashop 1.6.1.18 and I have downloaded the EU Prestashop European Union Cookie Law for older versions from here: https://mypresta.eu/modules/front-office-features/european-union-cookie-law.html

Unfortunately, frequently the text box where I should write the notification text do not appear (see attached screenshot), and even when it is possible to write the message won't be saved. 

Am I doing something wrong ? please I am open to suggestion.

Thanks,

Davide

eucookie.JPG

Edited by Davst (see edit history)

On 4/6/2018 at 10:27 AM, Davst said:

Hello,

I am sorry to say I am having problems using this app, I am running Prestashop 1.6.1.18 and I have downloaded the EU Prestashop European Union Cookie Law for older versions from here: https://mypresta.eu/modules/front-office-features/european-union-cookie-law.html

Unfortunately, frequently the text box where I should write the notification text do not appear (see attached screenshot), and even when it is possible to write the message won't be saved. 

Am I doing something wrong ? please I am open to suggestion.

Thanks,

Davide

eucookie.JPG

Hello,
problem you described is (probably) related to some javascript issues.
To find the errors related to your problem, it will be necessary to analyse browser console output
  1. go to page where you've got the issue
  2. turn on browser console (in chrome: ctrl+shift+j)
  3. clear console
  4. refresh the page
  5. analyse console output
  6. you will probably see errors there
  7. copy-paste them here as a code, or just prepare some screenshot

please note that this is not a solution,this is the way that describes of how to find the bugs

uecookie.zip The module was successfully downloaded.

The module for 1.6 was not uploaded but it says it was ? I can not find it in all the module's. By the way it was the old

Hi,

Divs and table displayed in the head !?

Search engine bots should not appreciate...

A way to display these elements in the body part please ?

image.png

Could be great to be implemented to be GDPR compliant (blocking cookies before consent)

There is any plan?

Tx

does the module support NOT  showing cookie's to non-EU countries that do NOT require it?

in response to pevious gdpr ? it's not required to block cookies before consent, but what do you do when the do not consent?  We put shop into PS catalog mode for that IP....why?  because if you do not consent you still have to provide 'free' info.   

rememeber, if you eurocentric but sell outside of EU zone, don't show the 'anything' gdpr related and esecially not cookie consent to USA for example.

happy ps'ing, el 

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

the issue with this module is that the content (text) inside the div/table is not responsive...on smartphone the text is all over the screen to the right.

Have you a quick fix, please?

On 13/4/2018 at 5:11 PM, vekia said:
Hello,
problem you described is (probably) related to some javascript issues.
To find the errors related to your problem, it will be necessary to analyse browser console output
  1. go to page where you've got the issue
  2. turn on browser console (in chrome: ctrl+shift+j)
  3. clear console
  4. refresh the page
  5. analyse console output
  6. you will probably see errors there
  7. copy-paste them here as a code, or just prepare some screenshot

please note that this is not a solution,this is the way that describes of how to find the bugs

hello, I also have issues with "Uncaught ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined"

so, why that's not defined? I'm on version 1.6.1.18. thanks

I have a same problem with this module on prestashop version 1.6.1.18, but when i had EU Cookie Law version 1.7.0 (now i have 1.7.5) everything was OK.

PS: Can i change word "CLOSE" to something else? and can i move "CLOSE" button closely to my "eu cookie law" text?

Thank you

Edited by Don Pipino (see edit history)

Μy site has an easy simple theme, and the addon works fine. Thank you very much.

@vekia Can you make the "close" text editable for own text?

i had to do that manually in top.tpl for dutch.

<span class="closeButtonNormal" onclick="closeUeNotify()">{l s='close' mod='uecookie'}</span>

to:

<span class="closeButtonNormal" onclick="closeUeNotify()">{l s='Sluiten' mod='uecookie'}</span>

Hi Vekia,

I use your EU Cookie module 1.7.0 in my prestashop 1.6.1.5 since jan 2017.

I placed the banner at bottom of page.

I've made some tests and noticed this issue: every time I return in Home page, or any other page of the site that I've visited, the banner continues to show up even if I've just clicked on OK button.

So the banner is always present over the footer, masking some of the content.

I think this behaviour is not the maximum for the visitor.

Could you explain me how to solve this problem?

Thank's a lot,

Barbara

Hi,

I have installed this module to a prestashop 1.6.1.13 which is configured with a specific theme where footer.tpl has no HOOK_FOOTER.

In the configuration of the uecookie module, I've set the position to Top, but the banner only appears on top of the page if I add {$HOOK_FOOTER} in the footer.tpl of the theme folder. The problem is when I add {$HOOK_FOOTER}, this adds other unwanted content, so I would like to know if there is a solution, or if this hook in footer is mandatory.

Thanks for your help.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:20 PM, twuest said:

Hi,

I have installed this module to a prestashop 1.6.1.13 which is configured with a specific theme where footer.tpl has no HOOK_FOOTER.

In the configuration of the uecookie module, I've set the position to Top, but the banner only appears on top of the page if I add {$HOOK_FOOTER} in the footer.tpl of the theme folder. The problem is when I add {$HOOK_FOOTER}, this adds other unwanted content, so I would like to know if there is a solution, or if this hook in footer is mandatory.

Thanks for your help.

on module configuration page you can select where the module will include own contents, you can select one of two:

- header (displayHeader)

- footer (displayFooter)

On 6/17/2018 at 6:48 PM, fonderiapassarelli said:

Hi Vekia,

I use your EU Cookie module 1.7.0 in my prestashop 1.6.1.5 since jan 2017.

I placed the banner at bottom of page.

I've made some tests and noticed this issue: every time I return in Home page, or any other page of the site that I've visited, the banner continues to show up even if I've just clicked on OK button.

So the banner is always present over the footer, masking some of the content.

I think this behaviour is not the maximum for the visitor.

Could you explain me how to solve this problem?

Thank's a lot,

Barbara

do you use any kind of "Cache" module like 'expresscache' / 'jcache' / 'pagecache' etc.  ? 

14 ore fa, vekia dice:

do you use any kind of "Cache" module like 'expresscache' / 'jcache' / 'pagecache' etc.  ? 

I use original bootstrap theme modules, here are my settings in cache section

smarty.JPG.269a39df9ce7d6064db8e01a09b320b7.JPG

smarty2.JPG.2463d86a90db567804ac971ebc1ff7cf.JPG

tank you for support

I have a multishop-config. 
For GDRP/GSDVO: Is there a way to use Link1 for  Shop 1 and Link2 for Shop 2 to pipe the user to the disclaimers?

On 7/28/2018 at 7:53 PM, vekia said:

on module configuration page you can select where the module will include own contents, you can select one of two:

- header (displayHeader)

- footer (displayFooter)

Thanks for your hint. I haven't tried it, but instead, I put {$HOOK_FOOTER} in the footer.tpl of the specific theme folder (it's a bought theme) and then I went to Modules > Positions, searched for displayFooter hook and removed all blocks that were attached and displayed something in frontend.

The best module so far good job and thanks for making it free :)

On 7/30/2018 at 1:30 PM, twuest said:

Thanks for your hint. I haven't tried it, but instead, I put {$HOOK_FOOTER} in the footer.tpl of the specific theme folder (it's a bought theme) and then I went to Modules > Positions, searched for displayFooter hook and removed all blocks that were attached and displayed something in frontend.

Yes, this is also the way to achieve it.

btw. it is very bad that theme developer removes usage of DEFAULT hooks from prestashop. It can be a source of many problems... more serious problems.

On 7/30/2018 at 9:06 AM, rethus said:

I have a multishop-config. 
For GDRP/GSDVO: Is there a way to use Link1 for  Shop 1 and Link2 for Shop 2 to pipe the user to the disclaimers?

each shop can have own unique configuration of the module, so you can also configure the text dispalyed by module individually for each shop.

On 7/29/2018 at 10:08 AM, fonderiapassarelli said:

I use original bootstrap theme modules, here are my settings in cache section

smarty.JPG.269a39df9ce7d6064db8e01a09b320b7.JPG

smarty2.JPG.2463d86a90db567804ac971ebc1ff7cf.JPG

tank you for support

Standard prestashop's cache feature should not affect the appearance of the module.

Can you share an url to your shop ?

On 1/8/2018 at 2:10 PM, vekia dice:

Standard prestashop's cache feature should not affect the appearance of the module.

Can you share an url to your shop ?

www.fonderiapassarelli.com

Thank you in advance

5 hours ago, fonderiapassarelli said:

www.fonderiapassarelli.com

Thank you in advance

your website is not accessible, probably because of some geolocation settings (blocked access by countries)

QSkqbSE.png

@vekia (one of my fav developers)

living in USA, I get cookie notifications.  You know we only care about cookies with milk.  I look forwrd to day someone implements a cookie module that suppresses display to countries with no cookie regulation.  Do it before I finally do it....lol

new version of cookies module is ready (v.1.7.7)

- added feature to select what editor module will use (you can use default prestashop's rich text editor or internal extended editor delivered with module)
- changed the design of the module to fits to prestashop 1.6 and prestashop 1.7 style

ITrdDCZ.png

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 11:31 PM, El Patron said:

@vekia (one of my fav developers)

living in USA, I get cookie notifications.  You know we only care about cookies with milk.  I look forwrd to day someone implements a cookie module that suppresses display to countries with no cookie regulation.  Do it before I finally do it....lol

oh geolocation, you are really hero in such cases ;)
added this to module to-do list :)

On 18. 9. 2018 at 11:50 AM, vekia said:

oh geolocation, you are really hero in such cases ;)
added this to module to-do list :)

Interesting that you are active on the forum but completely ignores your customers' emails and requests for help... 

3 hours ago, KeenGamer said:

Interesting that you are active on the forum but completely ignores your customers' emails and requests for help... 

the forum (retired US moderator) is for asking questions not to critize, if you have a question and found place develoeper is active then just ask...we won't stop liking milos work because of your remark.  So please try and include useful information, and then we can determines his fate. lol

On 20. 9. 2018 at 2:35 AM, El Patron said:

the forum (retired US moderator) is for asking questions not to critize, if you have a question and found place develoeper is active then just ask...we won't stop liking milos work because of your remark.  So please try and include useful information, and then we can determines his fate. lol

Hi El Patron :-). Ok, I put the question here https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/407490-related-similar-products-module/?tab=comments#comment-2980020 It would be good if Milos can reply us because he is fantastically ignoring us for the last 2 months. Or if you or someone else could help, it would be nice.

Thank you.

Karel

On 15/8/2018 at 5:51 PM, vekia dice:

your website is not accessible, probably because of some geolocation settings (blocked access by countries)

ops! from which country do you access to my site, vekia? 

Thanks for this module, it seams to be great, is it 100% GDPR compliant?

-Does this module stops the cookies from being created on the user's device until they acceps them?

-Does it create a cookie when the user accepts the cookies so it will remember his choice?

-Can the user reject all the cookies and close the cookie bar?

Thanks.

Hej @vekia Gdy wklejam link do swojego sklepu na Facebooka to nie pobiera mi meta opisu tylko informację o ciasteczkach. Mam ustawione 

<meta property="og:description" content="Mój super opis strony ">

Czy masz jakieś pomysły jak to naprawić? 

ENG:

When I paste a link from store on Facebook , it does not get me a meta description but cookie information. 

Do you hnow how to fix that?

uecook.JPG

Hi @vekia I use your module for cookies. But text in the cookie module appears in the search engine in the google.

Could you please suggest how to proceed that in the search engine the index meta information will be displayed(instead of cookie) ?

Capture.PNG

4 hours ago, beminesro said:

Hi @vekia I use your module for cookies. But text in the cookie module appears in the search engine in the google.

Could you please suggest how to proceed that in the search engine the index meta information will be displayed(instead of cookie) ?

Capture.PNG

on module configuration page select "footer" as a place where module will include its libraries and contents

On 11/26/2018 at 2:05 PM, Sasni said:

Hej @vekia Gdy wklejam link do swojego sklepu na Facebooka to nie pobiera mi meta opisu tylko informację o ciasteczkach. Mam ustawione 

Czy masz jakieś pomysły jak to naprawić? 

ENG:

When I paste a link from store on Facebook , it does not get me a meta description but cookie information. 

Do you hnow how to fix that?

uecook.JPG

Module allows to decide
- where it will display cookies information bar (top or bottom)
- where it will include contents/libraries (header or footer)

in this case we need to focus on where it will include contents/libraries

Cookies module libraries and contents are included to "header" section by default, this is why you see the contents there.
Module allows to decide where it will include contents (you can select header or footer). to avoid problem from your screenshot just use "footer".

On 11/19/2018 at 11:17 AM, EPurpl3 said:

Thanks for this module, it seams to be great, is it 100% GDPR compliant?

-Does this module stops the cookies from being created on the user's device until they acceps them?

-Does it create a cookie when the user accepts the cookies so it will remember his choice?

-Can the user reject all the cookies and close the cookie bar?

Thanks.

free "cookies" module from this topic is not a gdpr module.
Cookies law is an independent law from GDPR regulations.

Module just creates a bar about cookies usage, for most of european union countries it is enough to fulfill "cookies law" regulations.