vekia

[FREE MODULE] European Union Cookie Law Block responsive 1.7 1.6 1.5 1.4

hello

have you got the same problems with other non-default modules?

it's not default behaviour i installed this addon in many shops, everything was okay so i suppose that problem is individual

For me no, is the first time with this message but as I've say even if the message is here the module is correctly install and work. So no problem for me, for the other people check your modul list and you'll see the modul is install and work even if the message say otherthing:)

I saw the same message after installing the latest module-update on Version 1.6.1.3

Greetz Tom

Refresh the page and search the module in the list and usually you'll see it usually.

I also got the same error during instalation but it works fine anyway... I am using latest Version 1.6.1.3

Just one issue, when appears the message, at the end there is the buton;  CLOSE

The word CLOSE does not appear on translation module, so on which file and which line can i translate the work CLOSE to my language.

Thanks you for your help, Nuno Alex

Edited by Nuno Alex (see edit history)

Guest locen

I solved, now this module functions

new version is ready to use!

added installation fixes - addon will not spawn anymore information that there was something wrong with installation

Guest locen

Where we can download this?

Hello vekia, thanks alot for this free module. I have a problem than more than anything is a little anoyance, if the user acept then click in any product and then go back to the main page from the browser back-button it apears again, same happens if do click the main logo. Is there any fix for it so once clicked doesnt apear again?

You can check it on my web animecenter.es

I have the same problem. The popup disappears when user clicks on CLOSE but when he clicks on any other pages, popup appears again.

It seems it is not working properly. I have the latest version installed.

I have when i try to install it:

Następujący(e) moduł(y) nie został(y) prawidłowo zainstalowane:

• uecookie :
        Błąd techniczny: PrestaShop nie może zainstalować tego modułu.

•  

Hi, i have problem, when i try change something font size or smoathing else. Nothing change after reload. I need only change text "close" on button to "ROZUMÍM" how i can do it?

Great module, thanks a lot for it.

Just a question, I hope someone can help me:

What should I modify to remove the notification banner when the user begins to navigate the website, without the obligation of clicking the OK button?

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't work with multistore. I can't do independent configuration for each of my shops, setting in one shop context overwrites the other shop context, setting got mixed.

Database is trashed with different options with no meaning for example settings with shop_group NULL or id_shop NULL.

I understand that it's free module, but it's not kind of job I would expect from Prestashop ambassador.

@EDIT: I finally got it to work. After countless manipulations on database I set uecookie_lib to 1 for one of my shops and to 0 for the other. That did the trick, but I still have no idea why.

Before that I cleaned the mess this module made in my database so I deleted all the records with NULL values for shop_group or id_shop. I reinstalled the module (btw, there is no uninstall method inside this module so it just leaves the mess in your database). I tried to make manually all database values for each of my shop.

I also got it to work on my localhost but when I tried to repeat the process on live store, something didn't exactly catch and in one of my stores module wasn't loaded at all (I checked source).

After all this, I suppose I can't load this module from displayFooter hook in both my shops, so I decided to load it from displayHeader in one of them by setting manually uecookie_lib to 1.

Code in this module is incredibly messy and there is no joy in attempts to fix it. I hope it will be improved in future versions.

Edited by khejit68 (see edit history)

Same problem here

The popup disappears when user clicks on CLOSE but when he clicks on any other pages, popup appears again.

Any fix? thanks!

trying, i found the problem, if i disable in performance -  the option move javacript to the end, the module works well, it's a temporally solution waiting vekia illuminates! 

Hi!

I successfully installed the module and it work if you visit the page using a computer, but there is some problem with other devices. If i try to visit the page using cellphones it's not possible to close the pop up using. Please could you help me to solve the problem?

Thx

www.temporarybling.com

new version of the module is ready to use!

added several appearance improvements and new features :-)

- possibility to decide, if you want to display [x] or [close] as a close button

- possibility to select colors of close button (background color, font color)

Guest locen

Where we can download it?

Guest locen

Thanks, this version in your link is already update?

Thanks, this version in your link is already update?

The link is the direct store of Vekia the dev of the modul so yes all that in this store is update, no worry.:)

Guest locen

Thanks a lot :)

Is possible that that module have broken the select page menu ?

In iphone now my website open and close immediate the page selection menu, so in impossible to use now the menu "page selection" and number of items to show in the page.

i think that maybe is a conflict with that module ? Is possible ?

I have install the verison 1.1 of that module.

Thanks

Edited by Derres (see edit history)

Is posible that, that module, cause a conflict with the menu for select product per pages and products order ?

Thanks

today i released new version of the european union cookies law module.

- the most important thing is fact, that i changed the code a little to support new release of PrestaShop 1.7 (alpha 3 currently)

in addition to this i added some minor improvements to module updates process

- feature to disable / enable automatic updates checker

- possibility to check if new version is available manually

Hi. Thank you for sharing. I thing this modul help a lot of people.

IIs it possible to help me get the button to the middle with translation SÚHLASÍM?

Thank you.

Thank you for your answer. This tutorial is helpful  ;)  I have successfully uploaded cookie modul but I don't know where can I translate the "close" button? 

Thanks for you help. 

Thank you for your answer. This tutorial is helpful  ;)  I have successfully uploaded cookie modul but I don't know where can I translate the "close" button? 

Thanks for you help. 

localization > translations > installed modules translations :-)

hi there!

thank you for sharing!

i'm finalizing my ecommerce and so the cookie law is a must

I'm from Italy and here it seems that we should block cookies till the user gives his ok to them,

does your module do this?

thanks again and apoligize for my inexperience :)

Probleme avec le module sur Prest 1.6.1.15 

Voici la situation 

Le bandeau s'affiche mais aucune possibilité de voir le Text , il est blanc sur blanc , je fais la modification des couleurs 

Mais ne fonctionne pas , je ne peux aucunement rajouter un text en UK et changer les couleurs du text ou meme faire des modifs 

Dernière version du module 

Merci de votre aide 

any chance to describe problems in english? 

i dont understand frech very well, moreover, we are in english section

thanks in advance

Hi vekia!

I can't get the module to work on Prestashop 1.6.1.5. After I choose the module from my computer and hit upload I get only the message: "The module was successfully downloaded."

The problem is I don't have the module anywhere. And if I look at the youtube video for the installation and configuration of the module, I sure don't have an option to install the module.

Do you know what could be the reason for this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.

With kind regards,

Mitja

Hi vekia!

I can't get the module to work on Prestashop 1.6.1.5. After I choose the module from my computer and hit upload I get only the message: "The module was successfully downloaded."

The problem is I don't have the module anywhere. And if I look at the youtube video for the installation and configuration of the module, I sure don't have an option to install the module.

Do you know what could be the reason for this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.

With kind regards,

Mitja

i bet on some fiters, and because of this you dont see the module on list.

go to modules > modules and check if you don't have active filters in "filter by" section

JkF3uvh.png

Hi vekia!

Yeah, stupid me. I set the filter to not disabled modules, but not to not installed ones.

Thank you very much for your help :).

With kind regards,

Mitja

hi vekia! 

I installed your module, but I realized that by placing a link to the cookie policy page of my site when I load a category and click on the view the information with the hyperlink, the website writes twice language and loads a page empty.

example in the module tab IT, i put the http://mydomain.com/shop/it/content/cookiepolicy.html hyperlink on the word "consult the informative"

If you display a page of my site category, example www.mydomain.com/electronics/ when I click "check the informative" I refer to the browse http://mydomain.com/shop/it/it/content/cookiepolicy. html

thanks for the support, and sorry for my english ;)

Fantastic work, very well implemented and easy to configure. Thank you for sharing!

vekia can you help me? 

I think Vekia is dead, I waiting since 4 weeks for an another problem on another of him modul -_-

Is it somehow possible to change the position of the close button (in the bottom section)? Which file need to be modify? (top.tpl?)

Thank you for your help.

Is it somehow possible to change the position of the close button (in the bottom section)? Which file need to be modify? (top.tpl?)

Thank you for your help.

what you want to modify exactly? where you want to move it?

Hello Vekia and the Community, 

I just uploaded to our shop (www.mymesita.com) two of your modules HOME SLIDER and the latest version of the EU Cookie module, in PS version 1.5.2, and as soon as we have uploaded this last module the module page of our back office turned blank with HTTP ERROR 500. We searched a bit to see what type of error it is and this was the result:

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '\''), '\"', '"'), '\\', '\'), `description` = replace(replace(replace(`descrip' at line 2

UPDATE ps_homeslider_slides_lang SET

`title` = replace(replace(replace(`title`, '\\'', '\''), '\"', '"'), '\\', '\'),

`description` = replace(replace(replace(`description`, '\\'', '\''), '\"', '"'), '\\', '\'),

`legend` = replace(replace(replace(`legend`, '\\'', '\''), '\"', '"'), '\\', '\'),

`url` = replace(replace(replace(`url`, '\\'', '\''), '\"', '"'), '\\', '\')

at line 606 in file classes/db/Db.php

600.             WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '
 '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);

601.         }

602.         else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))

603.         {

604.             if ($sql)

605.                 throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');

606.             throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());

607.         }

608.     }

610.     /**

We have been using an older module of the EU cookie and it worked fine, not sure why we are having this error. Can you help us? 

All this error has also canceled our slider module from our webpage. 

Hope somebody can help us with some suggestions on how we can resolve this problem. 

Thank you. 

Hello everybody.

I'd like to update this module (v.1.5.1), already installed in a shop, with the latest version but I'm not sure what the right procedure is.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Buenas tardes:

Tengo instalada la última versión del módulo en prestashop 1.6.1.5 pero no hay manera que se muestre el aviso en la pantalla, lo he configurado tanto para footer como para header y no aparece de ninguna forma. ¿Qué solución pueden darme? He vaciado la caché y demás consejos dados y sigo igual.

Muchas gracias

Good afternoon:

I have installed the latest version of the module in prestashop 1.6.1.5 but there is no way that the warning is displayed on the screen , I have set for both header and footer to not appear in any way. What solution can you give me ? I have emptied the cache and other advice given and still the same .

Thank you very much
Sorry, I did not notice before I had to write in english

Good afternoon:

I have installed the latest version of the module in prestashop 1.6.1.5 but there is no way that the warning is displayed on the screen , I have set for both header and footer to not appear in any way. What solution can you give me ? I have emptied the cache and other advice given and still the same .

Thank you very much

Sorry, I did not notice before I had to write in english

what theme you use? can you share url:?

Prestashop v 1.6.1.2 and European Union Cookies Law v1.6.7

I just found out that there is a problem, the close button or the x button to close the warning doesn't close it. this happends on www.whykini.it

but on another install PS v 1.6.1.6 it's ok it closes. can you have a look thanks. 

Update:

Never mind it is working now, All i did is deactivate the module and activated it again, and i forced the recompile. Don't really know if this did it or what, but now it's working. 

Edited by benedettopresta (see edit history)

Hi,

I have been using the module for a shop built with Prestashop 1.5.6.2.

I am facing a w3c non conformity.

When checking the w3c conformity (for html5) of the pages of my site, I am getting the following error message :
"Element style not allowed as child of element div in this context"

The error is related to the here below code :

<style>↩
    ↩
        .closeFontAwesome:before {↩
            content: "\f00d";↩
            font-family: "FontAwesome";↩
            display: inline-block;↩
            font-size: 23px;↩
            line-height: 23px;↩
            color: #FFFFFF;↩
            padding-right: 15px;↩
            cursor:pointer;↩
        }↩
        .closeButtonNormal {↩
            display:block;↩
            text-align:center;↩
            padding:2px 5px;↩
            border-radius:2px;↩
            color: #000000;↩
            background: #FFFFFF;↩
            cursor:pointer;             ↩
        }↩
        #cookieNotice p {↩
            margin:0px; ↩
            padding:0px;↩
        }↩
    ↩
</style>↩
What could be the solution to make the code conform to w3c ?

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Patrick

Hi,

I have read a couple of notes around wrong search result in google and this module. I have the same issue (I use Prestashop 1.6.1.5 and 1.3.6 of the module).

For example if I search on Google in our Norwegian store (we have 5 languages), I get the cookie text as a result...

Search in Google: site:vonbonliving.com/no/

VONBON

For å gi deg en best mulig opplevelse, bruker vi cookies på dette nettstedet. Derfor, så lenge du bruker vår VONBON nettside, vil vi anta at du aksepterer bruk av ...

The correct text entered in SEO & URL, on page Index / meta description, should have been: "VONBON - moteklær for kvinnelig klassisk, sofistikert og flotte moderne kvinne. Designet i Sverige og produsert i høy kvalitet i Europa."

However if I do the same for the Swedish site, it shows up correctly with the Swedish Meta description...

Search in Google: site:vonbonliving.com/sv/

So why is English & Swedish showing up correctly in the search result (meta description), but Norwegian, Danish and German shows just the Cookie law text and not the Meta description?

Thanks,

Hans

Edited by HansFrolich (see edit history)

Hi,

I have read a couple of notes around wrong search result in google and this module. I have the same issue (I use Prestashop 1.6.1.5 and 1.3.6 of the module).

For example if I search on Google in our Norwegian store (we have 5 languages), I get the cookie text as a result...

Search in Google: site:vonbonliving.com/no/

VONBON

For å gi deg en best mulig opplevelse, bruker vi cookies på dette nettstedet. Derfor, så lenge du bruker vår VONBON nettside, vil vi anta at du aksepterer bruk av ...

The correct text entered in SEO & URL, on page Index / meta description, should have been: "VONBON - moteklær for kvinnelig klassisk, sofistikert og flotte moderne kvinne. Designet i Sverige og produsert i høy kvalitet i Europa."

However if I do the same for the Swedish site, it shows up correctly with the Swedish Meta description...

Search in Google: site:vonbonliving.com/sv/

So why is English & Swedish showing up correctly in the search result (meta description), but Norwegian, Danish and German shows just the Cookie law text and not the Meta description?

Thanks,

Hans

use module in footer instead of header, 

addon allows to decide where it will be implemented.

from seo point of view - use footer instead.

Hello,

today I updated my module to the newest version and... I can't close cookie information by clicking [X] oraz Close button. Both buttons are dead.

PS version 1.6.0.11 + all CCC enabled

in console i see this:

(index):23 Uncaught ReferenceError: closeUeNotify is not definedonclick @ (index):23
Edited by procent85 (see edit history)

Hello,

today I updated my module to the newest version and... I can't close cookie information by clicking [X] oraz Close button. Both buttons are dead.

PS version 1.6.0.11 + all CCC enabled

in console i see this:

(index):23 Uncaught ReferenceError: closeUeNotify is not definedonclick @ (index):23

'what version you had before update?

you reinstalled module also (it may be required in some cases)

It was 1.5.x I guess. I totally uninstalled old version and installed new one. Unfortunately [X] button is dead

can you share url to your page, please?

you've got there js bug: http://i.imgur.com/dw5a1fm.jpg

because of this all other js scripts are affected

code is minified on your website, so it is impossible to check it.

disable ccc for js, minify js and i will check it again

Hello everyone !

I would like to know if anyone has managed to shift the button to close the window on the left? Because now with the chat module, the button can be found below.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Manu

hello

new version will have possibility to display button on the left / right hand side

thank you for the suggestion :-)

hello

new version will have possibility to display button on the left / right hand side

thank you for the suggestion :-)

Hello,

Perfect, thanks a lot !!!

Have a nice day :)

Hi,

I have the same problem as some users before

"It works when you're on the home page but if you click before on a CMS page for example, the link is bad and I have a 404 page.
The URL becomes: content/content/mypage.php
I tried to put the absolute link but the editor deletes it"

Is there a solution for this. I guess it has something to do with url rewriting.

I tried to put in the whole link, but editor doesn`t save it.

My shop url: http://www.zion.si/si/

Hello everybody,

I'm using this module with Leo Green theme. Somehow the cookie banner appears in the quick view modal popup too (you can see it with every product listed here http://www.oliocalvi.it/).

Is there a way to avoid this double?

Thanks.

screenshot_01.png

Edited by YodaStudio (see edit history)

new version of cookies module is ready!

- added feature to define additional border (padding) around the notification

- added feature to decide where to display close button (left or right hand side of notification)

• Like 1

Bonjour,

Excusez moi de vous déranger, rejoignant seulement la conversation, j'ai remarqué que le lien du module en première page est mort, pourriez-vous le diffuser à nouveau ?

En vous remerciant par avance.

I have installed the latest version of the module in prestashop 1.6.1.7 but there is no warning displayed on the screen , I have set for both header and footer to not appear in any way.  I have emptied the cache and other advice given and still the same.

Thank you

Edited by solopedro (see edit history)

I have installed the latest version of the module in prestashop 1.6.1.7 but there is no warning displayed on the screen , I have set for both header and footer to not appear in any way.  I have emptied the cache and other advice given and still the same.

Thank you

please share an url to your shop

Hi @vekia

First I would like to thank you for grate module, it is definitely better than others which I tested.

I have only two problems:

1) Text is always centered in window, even when I tried to configure module with text to left or right - I resolved this

2) I see "close" button and working grate but when I change to "X" button I didn't see it at all

I would like to also ask, if there is possible to change "close" button to "accept" button?

Edited by BigMaras (see edit history)

First of all, thank you very much for the module.

I am working "offline" in my presta web with xampp. prestashop version 1.6.1.6.  I have  installed the module but nothing appears in the website.

Also, I watched your tutorial video for the installation where you choose the presta version of the module but I don´t find any version into the module.

Any kind of help would be great. thank you

Hello Vekia

The module works great on a single website but i'm on multistore configuration

I'm able to set the cookie text for one site, then when i modify the text for the second site it erase/empty the first one !

How to correct this ? 

Thanks

Hi @Vekia,

I asked before but I didn't receive reply: is it possible to change X button to "accept" text?

new version of cookies module released!

• added improvements to rich text editor load process (now tinymce works properly)
    prestashop after update 1.6.1.9 loads tinymce editor in a little different way than previously, because of this it was necessary to update the module to support these changes.

to see the changes in your shop back office - upload new version and clear browser cache (there is a chance that your browser will remember old .js files so in effect it will not work)

module supports prestashop 1.7

free-cookies-notifictation-for-restashop

Hi @Vekia,

I asked before but I didn't receive reply: is it possible to change X button to "accept" text?

module has featuer to select what kind of button will display

it can display [x] and also [close] (you can change 'close' to any other text you want)

Hi Vekia,

I used your module in previous Prestashop based stores and it worked perfectly.
I installed a new version of Prestashop:

PrestaShop version: 1.7.0.2

Current theme in use: classic
European Union Cookies Law v1.7.1 - by MyPresta.eu

But I have a problem - I use Slovenian language, and we use letters č, š, ž. Instead of letter Š it shows in FO like "š"

Even when I try to use an URL in the source code - It literally shows the code.
See attached picture.
BxYPmCo.png

A little message to thank you for this FREE contribution. It's a nice move both for the community and for your website communication :) good job

Hi Vekia.

I have a problem with this module : it appears under pictures of my homepage.

For example :

mini_741843problem1.jpg

mini_369527problem2.jpg

Any solution ?

Despite of this problem, it works great  :)

PS : Si quelqu'un a la réponse en français qu'il n'hésites pas  :)

Hi Vekia,

I used your module in previous Prestashop based stores and it worked perfectly.

I installed a new version of Prestashop:

PrestaShop version: 1.7.0.2

Current theme in use: classic

European Union Cookies Law v1.7.1 - by MyPresta.eu

But I have a problem - I use Slovenian language, and we use letters č, š, ž. Instead of letter Š it shows in FO like "š"

Even when I try to use an URL in the source code - It literally shows the code.

See attached picture.

BxYPmCo.png

hello

please update module to version 1.7.2

this should solve your problem :-)

Hi @Vekia,

you can translate [close] to any other text with module translation tool in prestashop

[x] is an icon, so you cant change it to text.

Hi Vekia.

I have a problem with this module : it appears under pictures of my homepage.

For example :

mini_741843problem1.jpg

mini_369527problem2.jpg

Any solution ?

Despite of this problem, it works great