vekia

[FREE MODULE] European Union Cookie Law Block responsive 1.7 1.6 1.5 1.4

just installed your module, after hearing something about the law in the news.

is the warning on the top of the page enough? or do we need anything else?

thanks

Hi, I've implemented your module. However a strange thing is occuring.

Google organic search results now display the Cookie Law text. Rather than using the meta title and description.

Any idea's why this would occur. your module is currently hooked into TopofPages.

Thanks

Hi, I've implemented your module. However a strange thing is occuring.

Google organic search results now display the Cookie Law text. Rather than using the meta title and description.

Any idea's why this would occur. your module is currently hooked into TopofPages.

Thanks

weirdy situation.

The best way is to change hook to footer or something similar, far away from top ;)

Even if you transplant it, the module will appear on top

Hi

Tried transplant to footer, side bar, bottom of page. however error msg occurs cannot transplant to this hook.

Any other suggestions?

I've got it hooked to Top of Headers at the moment. (not top of pages as orginally stated).

Hi Vekia!

Thanks for this nice free module. I also will use it but a part from unhooking it from the top could I move it to the bottom and display it there. Because now it's hiding all logo/cart/stuff on the 1.5 original template.

Where I have to edit?

Thanks in advance!

Because now it's hiding all logo/cart/stuff on the 1.5 original template.

When the message appears the normal thing is to accept it and disappear or reject it and leave the website! So you don't need to move it if the only problem is this one!

When the message appears the normal thing is to accept it and disappear or reject it and leave the website! So you don't need to move it if the only problem is this one!

you've got absolutely right. It is necessary to close cookie information

Vekia - I noticed this post last night on my phone. There was three or four links attached, but I didn't click on them.

i don't understand, what's going on?

I have a problem with the new version, when I add a new paragraph it adds rn to the text after saving.

Edited by prey

Server information

Prestashop Version: 1.4.11.0

Server information: Windows NT build 7601 (Windows 7 Business Edition Service Pack 1) i586

Server software Version: Apache/2.4.4 (Win32) PHP/5.4.16

PHP Version: 5.4.16

MySQL Version: 5.6.12-log

Update

I think the editor is adding the extra newline with the carriage return.

I managed to fix it by changing line 87 to

Configuration::updateValue('uecookie_text', str_replace("\r\n", "", $message_trads), true);

so the \r\n doesn't get inserted in the DB

Edited by prey

thanks for information

i know where the problem is, everything depends on server settings.

for exaple - if someone will use ENTER sign (\n) in the cookie text if I will use str_replace - then new line will disappear

Hello to all

Thank you for this sharing (Version 1.5.4.1 ) : Erreur : Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(../modules/uecookie/key.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/md.fr/httpdocs:/tmp) in /var/www/vhosts/md.fr/httpdocs/modules/uecookie/uecookie.php on line 16

Thank you

Edited by SMOK KYF

Hello to all

Thank you for this sharing (Version 1.5.4.1 ) : Erreur : Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(../modules/uecookie/key.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/md.fr/httpdocs:/tmp) in /var/www/vhosts/md.fr/httpdocs/modules/uecookie/uecookie.php on line 16

Thank you

please download latest (new one!) module version. You can do it from first post. i updated it today.

Hi Vekia,

I've tested on 1.4.8.3 and works fine, only one issue. The window is showed again and again, even if I click on x to exit will show every time I load a webpage. Is there any way to show only one time, I mean only in the first page to every visitor and then dissapear click or not though.

Thank you.

so you have got some issue, because by default the information shouldn't appear once again.

is there any chance to test it? (your store with installed module) ?

Hi Vekia, thank you for your fast reply.

Finally I did it using javascript but would be perfect if your module only shows the window until you click on the x. Because for me it's showed all times even if I click on the x.

Is it possible to block the cookies and install them after the user has accepted the cookies? Are you planning to include that feature in future versions?

please download latest (new one!) module version. You can do it from first post. i updated it today.

Hi vekia, great module. thanks so much!

In a next version I would love to see that the height of the banner is adjustable. my little line of text would require a much leaner banner than the default height/size.

I also have a sugestion:-). Is it possible to move "close" button in the middle bottom of the frame with text? I will appreciate if it could be done so. Because when someone browse my webshop site on mobile phone, "close" button isn't visible.

Regards 

Thank you very much for sharing this module with the community.

Very well implemented. Extremely easy to install and configure. Congratulations.

Update:
I have a doubt: It is necessary the message will show every time the same user exit and enter the page?

Or it will be ok if the message only appears the first time the users enter the page, but wont show for example if the user returns the day after? 

As a suggestion, some pages had implemented the message will automatically accepted and disappear when the users does some scroll in the page. It will be possible an implementation of this behavior in the module as an option? (if i would be a good javascript coder i would implement by myself but i dont have the knowledge -_-)

Edited by Velocity

Vekia what about my sugestion:Is it possible to move "close" button in the middle bottom of the frame with text? I will appreciate if it could be done so. Because when someone browse my webshop site on mobile phone, "close" button isn't visible.

Is it possible?

Regards

somewhere in global.css use this code: 

#cookiesClose {clear:both!important; display:block!important; overflow:hidden!important; position: relative!important;}

effect:

lHJNs3S.png

to change button

you can upload own image button to this path: http://lavendic.pl/modules/uecookie//close.png

you can upload any button you want

for example:

bg1oNL4.png