Google Checkout problems

I just installed google checkout and when I go through a test order and click on google checkout I get to www.strongconfidentme.com/modules/gcheckout/payment.php and all I get is a blank page.

Any thoughts?

This really shouldn't be happening.

I have the same problem and I think the prestashop team don't developp the google checkout module anymore. If you want to use google checkout as a payment module, try another cart system.

Hi James

Do you have a google checkout module that works?

I am also getting the blank payment.php page...

The shop owner is getting quite agitated...I really need a good solution. Can you help?

Thanks! :)

Edited by Arkadia (see edit history)

Hi Arkadia,

Unfortunately I don't have the right module. It's seem that Prestashop doesn't support anymore this module.

If you find it please share with me.

Thanks

Thanks for replying...I'm about to lose my mind with this module. lol. I'll keep you posted if I find any solutions/alternatives.

• 2 weeks later...

its the http in the api, google wants https, but the api call back on here is http without the s, they need to sort it. ive contacted presto, but no reply as of yet. ive spent hours doing my shop and now it looks like i need to start again somewhere else as i only deal with google checkout, not happy with presto at the moment.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got this fixed. It looks like somebody over complicated the code in /modules/gcheckout/payment.php

Where you see this

else if (!$gcheckout->context->cart->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::BOTH))

Tools::displayError('Error: Empty cart');

Change it to

elseif (!$cart->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::BOTH))

Tools::displayError('Error: Empty cart');

That is the code that was in my prestishop 1.4.8 setup. Soon as I changed that it started working perfectly

• Like 2

Hi Dabiel, what version of PrestaShop are you running? Were you also receiving the blank page error? Google Checkout is working perfectly for you now?

Sorry was kind of busy and just skimmed the question

I am on 1.5.2

Yes the blank page error

Yes working perfect, already processing orders with it.

Daniel

Ok, I have modify the payment files as dpatty as write it. Now i don't have the blank page but when i want to process the order i have this error from google Checkout :

10kont.com has sent Google a shopping cart with errors in it. We'll contact them to ask that they fix this problem. As this could be a temporary issue, you can go back in your browser to try checking out again.

When i log on my google checkout in the integration console i have this error :

Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Invalid value for attribute name in checkout-shopping-cart/checkout-flow-support/merchant-checkout-flow-support/shipping-methods/flat-rate-shipping: Required field must not be blank

More documentation for this error. Warnings: XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 20, column 20, with error: cvc-minLength-valid: Value '' with length = '0' is not facet-valid with respect to minLength '1' for type '#AnonType_nameFlatRateShipping'.

XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 20, column 20, with error: cvc-attribute.3: The value '' of attribute 'name' on element 'flat-rate-shipping' is not valid with respect to its type, 'null'.

Ok, I have modify the payment files as dpatty as write it. Now i don't have the blank page but when i want to process the order i have this error from google Checkout :

10kont.com has sent Google a shopping cart with errors in it. We'll contact them to ask that they fix this problem. As this could be a temporary issue, you can go back in your browser to try checking out again.

I had an issue like that originally when I set up my shop. I had to purchase an SSL cert and setup google to post back as XML. Seems like there were a few other easy to overlook details but it was all settings related.

When i log on my google checkout in the integration console i have this error :

Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Invalid value for attribute name in checkout-shopping-cart/checkout-flow-support/merchant-checkout-flow-support/shipping-methods/flat-rate-shipping: Required field must not be blank

More documentation for this error. Warnings: XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 20, column 20, with error: cvc-minLength-valid: Value '' with length = '0' is not facet-valid with respect to minLength '1' for type '#AnonType_nameFlatRateShipping'.

XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 20, column 20, with error: cvc-attribute.3: The value '' of attribute 'name' on element 'flat-rate-shipping' is not valid with respect to its type, 'null'.

Do you want google calculating your shipping fees? If not just un tick that in the gcheckout module.

With my setup, prestashop calculates shipping fees and passes that info to google.

I confirm that now the module is working. But there are a problem is the shipping is free.

Thank to all

For your store, If there is a way you can offer free shipping and make money on single item purchases I highly recommend it. Most of the time you can just build in the shipping cost on every individual item. In the United States customers Love "Free Shipping".

On multiple item purchases you will make higher profits since the extended shipping cost will be lower. Just a suggestion.

Thanks Dpatty, i'm having the following issues after taking your suggesstion

mysite.com has sent Google a shopping cart with errors in it. We'll contact them to ask that they fix this problem. As this could be a temporary issue, you can go back in your browser to try checking out again.

Debugging information

If you are acting on behalf of the merchant, more information about this error has been made available in the Integration Console under the Tools section. You can access the details of this error directly by logging into your merchant account and then pasting the following url:

https://checkout.google.com/sell/settings?section=IntegrationConsole&returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Fcheckout.google.com%2Fsell%2Fsettings%3Fsection%3DIntegrationConsole&serialNumber=52047459-4539-4753-bbbf-07e05936594a"

Time of occurrence: Jan 9, 2013 7:12:36 AM PST

Error: Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Invalid value for attribute name in checkout-shopping-cart/checkout-flow-support/merchant-checkout-flow-support/shipping-methods/flat-rate-shipping: Required field must not be blank

More documentation for this error.

Warnings: XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 27, column 27, with error: cvc-minLength-valid: Value '' with length = '0' is not facet-valid with respect to minLength '1' for type '#AnonType_nameFlatRateShipping'.

XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 27, column 27, with error: cvc-attribute.3: The value '' of attribute 'name' on element 'flat-rate-shipping' is not valid with respect to its type, 'null'.

"More information on this error" http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/articles/Troubleshoot_Integration_Console_Errors.html#PARSE_ERROR

That is related to having google calculate shipping for you.

You basically have two options.

1 Have prestashop calculate shipping and un tick that box in the module. Works for me.

2 I have not tried this but I assume it will work. For each product you will need to go to shipping and input values for all of the fields there. Length, width, height and weight.

Just looking at the error you may need to set length to a value of 1 or higher. If that is the case try it with one product and see if it passes through.

• 2 weeks later...

Just one quick question as I have this problem now that I have upgraded to 1.5.3 - I assume you are running a SSL page for your API callback URL ? I currently do not have a SSL page but Google Checkout has worked on previous versions ( By the way I tried the entering of sizes and that does not solve the problem and I do not have Google working out the postage )

• 2 months later...

Just a quick note for people wrestling with this module. I have the module working from the method posted in this thread, but the shipping fees were not being sent from the shop. I have been really getting irritated with it all, but today I finally solved the problem.

What you need to do is add a flat rate shipping option in the google merchant account with the same name as all of your shipping options. I just added them all with the lowest price and they seem to work perfectly now.

Sorry for the less than technical description, but if anyone needs more info just let me know and I'll try to be more specific.