[MODULE] Sliding accordion categories block

rocky

• 3 months later...

Just purchased and installed the module - it's working great so far. I do have a couple of feature requests, though:

1. I'd like to have a configuration option that would start preloading the categories as soon as the page has finished loading - so, on document.ready you start 'hydrating' the tree. I imagine this would, in many cases, cut out the need for any delay or animation.

Case: User navigates to page, reads text for 30 seconds. During that time, the entire categories tree has been hydrated in the background. User clicks to open a category in the block, and the category is expanded instantly (since it's already hydrated).

I may have overlooked a drawback to adding this feature, but it seems like a real winner, to me. If the results are cached, hydration would be super fast on every subsequent page, and you'd have a module that still allows the page to load much faster while not requiring any noticeable delay to expand categories.

2. Make a horizontal version that's fit to use as a menu across the top of the page :) I'm going to comb through the code and see if I can come up with some modifications on my own, but I think you'd have a real hit with such a module, especially if you added automatic hydration to it, as well.

Very nice work! No complaints so far.

Sorry for the delay. It seems I've lost all my notifications in the upgrade to the new forum software, so I wasn't aware there were replies here.

@josias

Bug fixes are free. Feature requests may cost extra, depending on how much work they are to implement.

@navaras

Have you found the Download tab now? It's the last tab on the page here. The tabs are More Info, Demo, Changelog and Download.

@robkwal

The module should work fine with PrestaShop v1.4.0.17.

@xioup

Those are some great ideas. I'll consider adding them in a future version of the paid module.

Dear all

This is my first comment in forum, you are a great community, and all answer it´s always in forum, tks to all for the great job.

In this module the categorie aos sort by name, can´t sort by BO categorie.

Regards

Tks to all

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. It seems I've lost all my notifications in the upgrade to the new forum software, so I wasn't aware there were replies here.

@josias

Bug fixes are free. Feature requests may cost extra, depending on how much work they are to implement.

@navaras

Have you found the Download tab now? It's the last tab on the page here. The tabs are More Info, Demo, Changelog and Download.

@robkwal

The module should work fine with PrestaShop v1.4.0.17.

@xioup

Those are some great ideas. I'll consider adding them in a future version of the paid module.

Hi Rocky!

I have a problem...

The module does not show the css, and subcategories are not unlike the major categories.

Can you help me? please! :lol:

post-279099-0-04754700-1313173614_thumb.png

post-279099-0-59611500-1313173626_thumb.png

I can't help without having access to your site. My module includes the same CSS as the default category block. It doesn't add any of its own, so if the default category block works for you, so should mine.

I can't help without having access to your site. My module includes the same CSS as the default category block. It doesn't add any of its own, so if the default category block works for you, so should mine.

Thx for answer!

My site is www.tiendaspavo.es/web

could take a look??! :D

Your theme doesn't have any CSS for the category block! That explains why it isn't working. Try adding the following to global.css:

div#categories_block_left li li { padding-left: 15px }

THX!!

Now run 100% ;) ;)

thank you Rocky!

You can't do that with my module. The point of an accordion is that only one section is displayed at a time. You should use the default category block instead and change "Dynamic" to "No" on the module's configuration page.

• 1 month later...

Hello

Thanks for great job. I have been asked to make menu where the top category has two sub categories. Problem is that client want to open top category by click but sub categorie with sub sub cat. should act on hover. Is it possible to make it without turning it upside down?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

how can I put an icon (+) to make understant that this category can be opened?

I supose once it is clicked it should change to (-).

And if I open other category, it also should change to (+).

Thanks!!!

- César -

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I'm using nc sliding accordion categories block version 2.0.2 with PS 1.4.3 and it runs correctly. In local when I run index page it runs ok but online, when I run index page, the block is all opened. When I choose a category, it only opens this category but in index page it appears with all categories opened. I selected "start mode closed".

How can I repair it?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm using sliding accordion categories

v2.0.1 (free) on PS 1.4.4.1. It looks like not work on catalog mode, it's just show all subcategories and not collapsible. Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like you have a third-party module whose CSS is affecting my module. I have no idea which module or how to fix it.

Firebug shows

Home

/ themes/prestashop_2/css/modules/blockcategories/blockcategories.css

subcategories

root/css/jquery-ui-1.8.10.custom.css

• 2 months later...

Hi,

this module display activated and inactivated categories and sub-categories, how can I hide the inactivated one ?

Thank you, great module.

Just one thing : it will be greatest if, when a product in a subcategory is displayed, its principal categories remain open and continue to show the sub-categories (in this case the customer don't have to click again on the category to see, choose and return on the sub-category).

Bye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Welcome. Link is actually broken. Is there anyone this module in their collections? I searched a lot of sites, but unfortunately I did not find this supplement.

Many thanks for help.

Best regards

Siajo

• 3 months later...

Send me a private message with your email address and I'll send it to you. I removed the download links to my modules, since they are not compatible with PrestaShop v1.5.

I've been using this module for a while and i love how it works!

I just have a question.

I had my categories in a certain order. but now i want them back in alphabetical order. I changed them on the catalogue, but on the module and the site still appear with the old order.

any suggestions?

thanks!

I've removed the download link to eliminate confusion. I'll update the post when I rewrite the module for PrestaShop v1.5.

At least leave message like this on the site for people to know..!! Regards B)

• 1 year later...
hi, 

this module is mixed with another that is already installed is called the same, 

when I get on prestashop not let me install that already has the same module 

that I can do to create prestashop this is another module and not the same as already installed ??

This module's name is blockcategoriesaccordion, so it shouldn't match any other modules, unless you've previously installed the module. You'll have to delete the modules/blockcategoriesaccordion directory if you want to reinstall the module.

Remember though that this module isn't compatible with PrestaShop v1.5 or later and is no longer supported. I do continue to support the AJAX Sliding Categories module though.

• 1 year later...