paypal error 10525

nobilebarabba

hi everyone

after a transaction with paypal an email return with this error:

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2012-10-25T09:44:15Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10525

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Invalid Data

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> This transaction cannot be processed. The amount to be charged is zero.

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

the same message arrived to the customer but in the paypal admin you can see money and everything seems ok

any solution?

thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same problem and I know what's causing it for us - $0 items. We provide seminars free of charge and when they add the item to their cart, even though payment is not required, it throws this error. Until this week I was under the impression that even though the error was generated the orders were going through, but a customer contacted me and let me know it wouldn't let him "register" (check out) because of the error. I've sent emails to Paypal, but I haven't seen any responses.

Here is the error message I get:

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10525

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Invalid Data

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> This transaction cannot be processed. The amount to be charged is zero.

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I have the same problem and I know what's causing it for us - $0 items. We provide seminars free of charge and when they add the item to their cart, even though payment is not required, it throws this error. Until this week I was under the impression that even though the error was generated the orders were going through, but a customer contacted me and let me know it wouldn't let him "register" (check out) because of the error. I've sent emails to Paypal, but I haven't seen any responses. Here is the error message I get: L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10525 L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Invalid Data L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> This transaction cannot be processed. The amount to be charged is zero. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

The error is not with Paypal tbut with your store. If cart amount is $0 you don't have to call Paypal.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this error a few times recently. According to PayPal api docs the cause is because "The merchant entered an amount of zero." Strange because as joseantgv said the PayPal module should be disabled for free orders...

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...