[Free Module] Twitter widget user timeline

vekia

PrestaShop twitter widget free
works with prestashop: 1.7.x, 1.6.x, 1.5.x, 1.4.x

Twitter widget free module allows you to display the public Tweets from your account on twitter. This embedded timeline widget give you the ability to embed a collection of Tweets (known as a timeline) on your own shop. This module is absolutely for free. You can download it from this website or from this post

twitterwidgetfree-cover-semi.png

to read more about module visit:
PrestaShop Twitter widget free module

Download:

twitterwidget17.zip - for prestashop 1.7 only
 twitterwidget16.zip - for old releases of prestashop (1.6.x, 1.5.x, 1.4.x)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm french so sorry for vocabolary. I'll would like to put this module in footer. I try to modified the code but in my templad: Nessun modello trovato per il modulo twitterwidget

Have you a new version with this possibility ?

Merci

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The widget height is too large, how can I change it? I have modify the file rightcolumn.tpl as following:

<div style="width:{$twt->twitterwidget_width}px; height:200px; display:block; margin:auto; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px;"><a class="twitter-timeline" lang="ES" height="200" data-dnt="true" href="https://twitter.com/{$twt->twitterwidget_name}" data-widget-id="{$twt->twitterwidget_wid}">Tweets by @{$twt->twitterwidget_name}</a>
<script>{literal}!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);[spam-filter](document,"script","twitter-wjs");{/literal}</script></div>

I have changed the height and language but the webpage does not make the change, also I checked the source page in my browser and also it does not show the change I've done.

Edited by kenkomuri (see edit history)

it is possible to check your website somewhere? if so, please share the url

I have solve it, just enable the force compile in the perfomance section. Moreover for the height I have set it directly in the widget configuration within Twitter.

Thanks for all.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm french so sorry for vocabolary. I'll would like to put this module in footer. I try to modified the code but in my templad: Nessun modello trovato per il modulo twitterwidget

Have you a new version with this possibility ?

Merci

Hi Vekia, Is this possible?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I have just installed the module and configured it to be shown in home. It loads ok but the width option doesn't work, it's bypassed, the widget always load with the default width. It doesn't matter if I set 500px or 750px.

I have used the firefox inspector to see the loaded code and I have found that removing the max-width property from the iframe fixes the problem, but I don't know how to modify you module.

Edit: I was wrong. The problem is that I set 750px in module config and then with inspector I can see the iframe width is 520 while the parent div is 750.

My website is www.abricolar.es.

Edited by rednoise (see edit history)

Hi, I have just installed the module and configured it to be shown in home. It loads ok but the width option doesn't work, it's bypassed, the widget always load with the default width. It doesn't matter if I set 500px or 750px.

I have used the firefox inspector to see the loaded code and I have found that removing the max-width property from the iframe fixes the problem, but I don't know how to modify you module.

Edit: I was wrong. The problem is that I set 750px in module config and then with inspector I can see the iframe width is 520 while the parent div is 750.

My website is www.abricolar.es.

documentation of twitter timeline widget says:

Dimensions

Embedded timelines are flexible and adaptive, functioning at a variety of dimensions ranging from wide to narrow, and short to tall. The default dimensions for a timeline are 520×600px, which can be overridden to fit the dimension requirements of your page. Setting a width is not required, and by default the widget will shrink to the width of its parent element in the page. For example, if you paste your embed code in a div that is 300px wide, the timeline itself will be 300px wide. You can set the dimensions explicitly by using the width and height HTML attributes:

<a class="twitter-timeline" width="300" height="500" href="https://twitter.com/twitterapi" data-widget-id="YOUR-WIDGET-ID-HERE">Tweets by @twitterapi</a>

The minimum width of a timeline is 180px and the maximum is 520px. The minimum height is 200px.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i have a probleme with your module i install this on my prestashop version (1.5.6.1) and after the installation i have the error message :

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module loftwitter:
Class 'LofParams' not found

Help me please

i have a probleme with your module i install this on my prestashop version (1.5.6.1) and after the installation i have the error message :

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module loftwitter:

Class 'LofParams' not found

Help me please

loftwitter? it's not my module

• 4 weeks later...

First, thanks for this great free module!

I'm trying to have the widget show up within a custom CMS block. (Next to the Facebook block in the default theme for 1.6)

Is that possible?

Thank you

-Ann 

First, thanks for this great free module!

I'm trying to have the widget show up within a custom CMS block. (Next to the Facebook block in the default theme for 1.6)

Is that possible?

Thank you

-Ann 

i have also this problem i really need to get it in my cms block!

• 2 months later...

Hello

I am french and i don't speek ver vell English (Excuse me)

Can-you tell me what is the Widget Twitter d'identification individuel (Twitter ID ) askes in the module ?

And where can I find it ?

Thank you for your help

Cat

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have the same problem, I want to put the twitter widget instead of facebook block (defaukt bottstrat theme in 1.6) before the two cms block. If I try to move twitter widget in position 2 (at the same place of facebook block) it appears before the CMS block. There is a way to do that?

Hey!, I want to put the TimeLine of Twitter on CMS Block Info (That its appear after de Facebook Block) but the widget doesn't appear! Only appear the message "Tweets of @User"...Please help!

you configured module ? and create widget id? 

Hi Vekia

Same story as jhonnynho here....

Twitter name and Twitter widget id filled in, but only a link appears "Tweets by ..."

Prestashop versie 1.6.0.9

Any idea ? ( it's a local site )

kind regards

you used proper widget id ?

can you share url to your shop where you use this module, please?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Vekia.

Unfortunately this code didn't have the desired result. When I added the code to the Fanpage Like module it enabled the others stack inside and next to it. The code for the Twitter widget didn't enable this and still throws the CMS Info block below:

post-823043-0-64311800-1413195090_thumb.jpg

Please note that I'm working with these on the Homepage, not Footer.

Thank you Vekia.

Unfortunately this code didn't have the desired result. When I added the code to the Fanpage Like module it enabled the others stack inside and next to it. The code for the Twitter widget didn't enable this and still throws the CMS Info block below:

attachicon.giffb-twitter-cms.jpg

Please note that I'm working with these on the Homepage, not Footer.

can you share url to your page where you applied these changes?

I cannot post a link to the site as it is in maintenance mode and only visible with my IP. It contains forthcoming products and info that we don't want to be leaked early.

I can provide full code and screenshots. Please let me know what to check or provide. Thank you!

Although now working perfectly and looking great, when I reduce the browser window or view on a smaller device, the Twitter widget overlaps with the FB Fanpage block. The custom CMS naturally drops below as one would expect:

post-823043-0-20945700-1413536605_thumb.jpg

Edited by ASP (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it's almost impossible to help in cases like this without possibility to check it live.

usually it's a case of css styles, and each website can have some minor or even major changes in css.

this is why it's necessary to inspect it.

• 1 month later...

Got it working, just had to edit custom CMS block.  :) 

just wondering what did u edit on the cms block to stop it stretching 2 columns. im looking for the same, 3 columns, 1 = facebook, 2=twitter , 3 = custom block cms . again thanks @vekia for your help, trev

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, first of all thank you for sharing this free module.

I'm using it on www.instality.com without problems until some days ago. Now the timeline is disappeared; I get only the header: "tweets by @instality", pointing to twitter @instality page.

I tried to reinstall the module, move to another location, double checked twitter ID, checked literal tag in the module... but nothing. Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I got same issue as somebody mentioned on page 3 (module overlaps with other page elements when size of window is changed). Also it dissappears totally when the size is returned to normal state. Are there any known solutions?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

releases new version of the module

- supports new twitter widget script (no widget id required)
- added support of prestashop 1.7
- redesigned module configuration page and its appearance on front office
- added new options to module configuration page (height, colors, heading)

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Thank you for this free module, it works perfectly in my shop! :) I have two questions:

1. I'm using the widget on the homepage. Is it possible to move it to the center (horizontally)?

2. Is it possible to limit the amount of tweets being loaded? As in load 5 tweets and then the load more tweets button apears.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I solved the first problem by using the content box module, inserting the twitter embed code and simply html centered it. The second problem is theoretically possible, but by limiting the number of tweets a static timeline without a scrollbar with the specified number of tweets will be rendered, which is not what I'm looking for. Twitter has no other solution in their developer guidelines so far.

Edited by Shao-Domi
solved (see edit history)