PrestaShop Forge Issue

Well, i think everyone will agree that every new version that comes out as "stable" on the last 2 or 3 months has more and more bugs. Seems like that every new version has more bugs then the previous one. I can understand minor bugs, but if i were to release a "Stable version" i would at least install it fresh and upgrade an existing store and test the shit out of it. There are bugs present on this 1.5.X version that seem that were not tested. If someone created a client, a order on front and back office would see that these bugs are present.

Bugs that were fixed or did not existed on 1.5.1 reappear on 1.5.2.

-Bugs appear after being fixed on previous versions. If you tested 1.5.x since the beginning you will see a lot of reports on Forge that are like "Bug fixed on version 1.5.X were fixed and now are back again on 1.5.Y"

Extremely serious bugs reported on Forge are left behind without any answer and minor ones have a person assigned on the same day and are fixed in a short period of time. It seems that fixes are choosen not by it´s priority or severity but "how easy it is to fix" so to keep bug numbers as low as possible. If this is what is happening, i´ll stop posting bugs on Forge. I´ll give you some examples.

- I installed 1.5.2 as an upgrade and as a fresh install yesterday. I saw some very serious problems with it. I reported it in http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFV-5205 as Critical as it seriously disables the store. It still doesn´t have anyone assigned. After my report, many others where made, less serious and already have people assigned to them as some of them are already marked as fixed.

-I reported several problems with CSV import on multishop having serious problems weeks ago and still have no response or fix. Other bugs like "wrong translation on field XXXX" are fixed in a hurry.

- Improvements posted on Forge are not even answered.

I just don´t get it... I don´t get what went wrong with Prestashop.

Edited by Ulisses Ramos (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Well, i think everyone will agree that every new version that comes out as "stable" on the last 2 or 3 months has more and more bugs. Seems like that every new version has more bugs then the previous one. I can understand minor bugs, but if i were to release a "Stable version" i would at least install it fresh and upgrade an existing store and test the shit out of it. There are bugs present on this 1.5.X version that seem that were not tested. If someone created a client, a order on front and back office would see that these bugs are present.

Bugs that were fixed or did not existed on 1.5.1 reappear on 1.5.2.

-Bugs appear after being fixed on previous versions. If you tested 1.5.x since the beginning you will see a lot of reports on Forge that are like "Bug fixed on version 1.5.X were fixed and now are back again on 1.5.Y"

Extremely serious bugs reported on Forge are left behind without any answer and minor ones have a person assigned on the same day and are fixed in a short period of time. It seems that fixes are choosen not by it´s priority or severity but "how easy it is to fix" so to keep bug numbers as low as possible. If this is what is happening, i´ll stop posting bugs on Forge. I´ll give you some examples.

- I installed 1.5.2 as an upgrade and as a fresh install yesterday. I saw some very serious problems with it. I reported it in http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFV-5205 as Critical as it seriously disables the store. It still doesn´t have anyone assigned. After my report, many others where made, less serious and already have people assigned to them as some of them are already marked as fixed.

-I reported several problems with CSV import on multishop having serious problems weeks ago and still have no response or fix. Other bugs like "wrong translation on field XXXX" are fixed in a hurry.

- Improvements posted on Forge are not even answered.

I just don´t get it... I don´t get what went wrong with Prestashop.

Whatever it is I quit from Prestashop. I will try OpenCart.. Goodbye from this forum.. Hope to see you on OpenCart forum

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I guess someone underestimated the potential of failure of a software that has to cope with such an enormous amount of modding by users. The spread of installation scenarios is nearly infinite.

Imho they should have waited for more testing before rushing out what is a very problematic version.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think much went wrong. E-commerce is hard software to test. A beta test with e-commerce software is not like windows. People install windows or other software and use it, they report bugs when they see them. But with e-commerce software, it has to be made live, figuring shipping, and taking transactions before all of the bugs can be fleshed out.

Hello Everyone, and Thank you for the feedback,

Several good news are brewing right now, the first one is that version 1,5,3 will be released shortly after the holidays, and it incorporates many bug fixes from PrestaShop 1.5.2. One noticeable difference is that V1.5.3 is has been given quite a bit of time in QA than usual, as we are all working hard aiming to make this version extremely stable. The feedback that we have received in 1.5.2 has been very valuable.

PrestaShop is now using Github, https://github.com/PrestaShop.

This tool will allow us to work closer to the community, and hopefully resolve more bugs a bit quicker. Happy E-commerce everyone!

Thank you again!

• Like 1

I don't know, I'm not sure 1.5 is much worse than earlier releases.

I've been with PS since 1.2 and every new major release had its issues...

The major difference is that getting answers here on the forum is getting really really hard.

I have had two pew horses that I'm starting to change my view on:

1. Always answer more questions than I ask

2. Always ask on the forum before reporting a bug

What I would like most, perhaps, is a better search engine for the forum, since as it is it is usually easier to find things on the forum via google than via the forum search, and thus the same questions are asked many, many times.

Also, better dicipline from the users, stating their version, marking solved issues etc is getting more important with more versions "out there".

/Mats

Hello Everyone, and Thank you for the feedback,

Several good news are brewing right now, the first one is that version 1,5,3 will be released shortly after the holidays, and it incorporates many bug fixes from PrestaShop 1.5.2. One noticeable difference is that V1.5.3 is has been given quite a bit of time in QA than usual, as we are all working hard aiming to make this version extremely stable. The feedback that we have received in 1.5.2 has been very valuable.

PrestaShop is now using Github, https://github.com/PrestaShop.

This tool will allow us to work closer to the community, and hopefully resolve more bugs a bit quicker. Happy E-commerce everyone!

Thank you again!

I don't know, I'm not sure 1.5 is much worse than earlier releases.

I've been with PS since 1.2 and every new major release had its issues...

The major difference is that getting answers here on the forum is getting really really hard.

I have had two pew horses that I'm starting to change my view on:

1. Always answer more questions than I ask

2. Always ask on the forum before reporting a bug

What I would like most, perhaps, is a better search engine for the forum, since as it is it is usually easier to find things on the forum via google than via the forum search, and thus the same questions are asked many, many times.

Also, better dicipline from the users, stating their version, marking solved issues etc is getting more important with more versions "out there".

/Mats

Let's hope to be true! We can wait for a stable release.. But on the contrary you have to support guys that trust you to setup their own businesses (at least for the major issues) and in EVERY SINGLE issue you have to inform the guys (e.g. right now we are working on the next release, we are trying to make it as stable as possible or whatever you may think) GIVING NO RESPONSE IS TIRING...

You are wrong my friend.. Ok every single version has some issues but most of the times they can be fixed easily with some small patches..