Hi to all,

Is there someone to test this website?:

http://www.biquinimodapraia.com.br

If possible, test also the product page (check the video if is working).

http://www.biquinimodapraia.com.br/pt/biquinis-tomara-que-caia/86-biquini-tomara-que-caia-ouro-preto.html

At the top (after the logo) shows correctly your country name?

Thanks

Mozack

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm working on stability, performance and simplicity in that website. But is missing something that i will put as soon as possible.

Did you check if your country name is correct (and also the flag)?

Thanks

Mozack

OK,

Thanks for testing... Sometimes (or with some users) it dont work, but it shows all over the world instead of country flag and country name...

Thanks again for testing

I appreciate

Mozack

IP geolocation is generally imperfect. In computer networking, IP addresses do not correspond exactly to geographic locations.

What does it work? So-called geolocation systems attempt to map IP addresses to geographic locations using large computer databases. Some geolocation databases are available for sale, some are available for free.

Why sometimes (for some users) geolocation doesn't work?

• some IP addresses may be associated with the wrong location

• some IP addresses may be associated only with a very broad geographic area (e.g., a large city, or a state). Many addresses are associated only with a city, not with a street address or latitude/longitude location.

and most important:

• Some addresses will not appear in the database and therefore cannot be mapped (often true for IP numbers not commonly used on the Internet).

that's the way of this issue :)

Hi again,

Well i've noticed all this issues about geo-ip, by this reason i thought put (as happens in mobile devices) and advert asking user to share their location. But i think in online store that isn't mobile, it is an privacy exposure that shouldn't have so much return as expected.

By this reason, i made the script searching the approximate location if available, if not, it shows and worldwide message.

In the case of correct location, it should open some doors like shows exact shipping cost, pre-fill the checkout forms, etc... But for users who just want to see and not to buy, the correct location prompt may cause some pollution in page...

That's some pros and cons.

Thanks again

Mozack

IP geolocation is generally imperfect. In computer networking, IP addresses do not correspond exactly to geographic locations.

What does it work? So-called geolocation systems attempt to map IP addresses to geographic locations using large computer databases. Some geolocation databases are available for sale, some are available for free.

Why sometimes (for some users) geolocation doesn't work?

• some IP addresses may be associated with the wrong location

• some IP addresses may be associated only with a very broad geographic area (e.g., a large city, or a state). Many addresses are associated only with a city, not with a street address or latitude/longitude location.

and most important:

• Some addresses will not appear in the database and therefore cannot be mapped (often true for IP numbers not commonly used on the Internet).

that's the way of this issue :)

OFF TOPIC:

Seeing your module shop i found the facebook shop tab. I'm using (i think from other developer) but it does not do what i would like to. Did you even thought to make the module working directly with cart?, for example, allow customers to add products to cart and checkout directly from facebook page?

I saw one store a few months ago that do that. They have the facebook app and the website inside and all orders are processed in Facebook.

Checking their system i think it was oscommerce or virtua cart or something like that.

That should be a greatest module made for presta all the time...

Think about it!

Regards

Mozack

• Like 1

Hey Mozach

Great site and just so you know when you click on payment icons there's an error showing up in google chrome that is not being showed as trusted in ssl. I thought you may want to know this. I have taken the . out and added dot so please change so you may check this section.

https: // www dot biquinimodapraia dot com.br/pt/cms.php?id_cms=5

Edited by clayton29657 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all,

Is there someone to test this website?:

http://www.biquinimodapraia.com.br

If possible, test also the product page (check the video if is working).

http://www.biquinimo...ouro-preto.html

At the top (after the logo) shows correctly your country name?

Thanks

Mozack

Hi,

I have a macbook and use firefox/safari. I can't get the video to work ?

But a great idea with the video!

• 5 months later...

Hi - I was wondering how you were able to display the country name and flag on the site? I'm keen to do something similar, I have the Geo module installed, did you use that or something else? Any pointers greatly appreciated..