[Module] Facebook Fanpage Like Box Plugin For Free

Hi Guys,

I am also having this same problem with the "share' button on the FB homepage, once clicked it says:

App Not Set Up: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

Has anyone found a solution? 

I am using PrestaShop Cloud and my domain is: 

DapperMan.com.au 

Regards

Sammy 

your website probably uses other facebook widget / plugin that includes to shop application that is not associated with your shop domain.

it is necessary to identify this plugin widget and remove bad application id. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PrestaShop Facebook Like Box Free Module version 2.4, click here to read more about this module Facebook Like Box Free module is the simplest and fastest way to add facebook like box plugin

this is not the error facebook changed the widget old "likebox" is not supported anymore    new plugin is "pageplugin"  https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/page-plugin and this is the o

You need to go into the module file and change the rightcolumn.tpl file. Add Vekia's code like this. I made bold the code to add and where I added it.   {*<div style="display:block; clear:both;

Posted Images

Hi Vekia - This is a very nice module and was using it for more than a year

I had an older version of your module and it was not showing the people pictures. I updated to the latest version. Now i have hooked the module to Left Column but i do not see it on the website ....... Its visible in Live Edit Mode.

If i enable the default "Facebook Like Box block" and position on Left Column i see both modules. if i unhook this, even your module disappears. Any idea how i can fix this?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Ram

• 2 weeks later...

First of, thanks for the free module. It looks very promising

I've just installed and configured to module to display a block in our left column, but nothing seems to be showing up.

According to the module configuration and the position / hook it should show up on the left side of http://dk.vmdronevolt2.772424.com/dk/da/50-droner

We're running 1.6.1.4

Any ideas / suggestions?

Cheers, K

• 3 weeks later...

I love this module - but unfortunately I am also getting:

App Not Set Up: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

I don't think that I have any modules installed that could conflict, it is a pretty new site. Nowhere near ready to go live.

Did anybody get a solution to this error?

It only happens when you press the share button, I would be happy if I could just remove the share button but I can't figure out how to do that.

I have been at it for 10 hours now and I'm pulling my hair out!

your website probably uses other facebook widget / plugin that includes to shop application that is not associated with your shop domain.

it is necessary to identify this plugin widget and remove bad application id. 

Hi Vekia, 

I still get the same error:

I have looked into any other widgets, but I have not installed any other social media modules other than those that came standard with Presta Shop Cloud.

I tried resetting the module and it still does it. Any other ideas? 

regards

Sammy  

hello

please share links to your websites

im more than convinced that your website uses other facebook libraries, that includes applications not associated with your domain. and because of this - all of you see this message.

Hello thanks for the great module, but why this module follow the original facebook box module settings? if its turned off in the theme configuration then this module will also not appear. If its turned on then i will have 2 facebook module

Hi Vekia

I've put the site live for a bit, please let me know!

https://nonconformists.co.uk/shop/index.php?

Thanks!

take a look:

http://i.imgur.com/Whwrf2M.png

it includes some code to add facebook libraries with app id definition. This app id is not connected to your domain and you're not the owner of this app. Just imagine that some unknow people can manage your page facebook comments, see page insights etc.

it is included by prestashop default module called blockfacebook:

https://nonconformists.co.uk/shop/modules/blockfacebook/blockfacebook.js

disable this addon. so you will not have this error anymore.

Hello thanks for the great module, but why this module follow the original facebook box module settings? if its turned off in the theme configuration then this module will also not appear. If its turned on then i will have 2 facebook module

hello

case needs verification. please share url to your page.

i found the solution already, i unhooked the default facebook module from displayHome hook

great! thank you for explanation what was wrong and how you solved it :-) it will be useful for others

may i ask about theme that you use? it's default one?

great! thank you for explanation what was wrong and how you solved it :-) it will be useful for others

may i ask about theme that you use? it's default one?

yes I'm using the default one

Hello Vekia,

I have positioned this in display home - the module always just sits above the CMS block or below. I can't get it to sit in the correct position - please forgive my ignorance, I am learning slowly!

Thank you

facebook like box free module (new page plugin) supports prestashop 1.7 now. Module works with alpha 3 release and this means that it will support other upcoming releases of prestashop 1.7 too

facebook like box free module (new page plugin) supports prestashop 1.7 now. Module works with alpha 3 release and this means that it will support other upcoming releases of prestashop 1.7 too

Sorry I don't understand your comment, I still can't position within CMS Block!

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

take a look:

http://i.imgur.com/Whwrf2M.png

it includes some code to add facebook libraries with app id definition. This app id is not connected to your domain and you're not the owner of this app. Just imagine that some unknow people can manage your page facebook comments, see page insights etc.

it is included by prestashop default module called blockfacebook:

https://nonconformists.co.uk/shop/modules/blockfacebook/blockfacebook.js

disable this addon. so you will not have this error anymore.

Hi Vekia,

I can't put the plugin inside cmsinfo_block div

I've hooked the plugin on displayHome and positioned it before Custom CMS Information Block,

but it appear above the cmsinfo_block div.

How to put it inside the div?

This has been asked by many of us, but I still can't find the answer.

Any suggestion?

Regards.

Edited by felix.c.saputra (see edit history)

Hello,

I have installed this module to my shop (version 1.6), it was working fine, but now i can't see the block on my shop. He disappeared. But i can see the div in my website code.

ps: the module is hook to footer.

Someone else have this problem ?

• 1 month later...

Hi.

The module does not show up. Choose left column, footer, what ever.

Strange thing.

do you configured it ? each available field?

What do you mean by each available field??

I set it on left column for example. In the source code it is there. But does not show up.

Even the preview in the module itself is not shown.

Ok, hold on. I switched to my laptop and there I can see the module now. My fault. Sorry. Close topic please.

Thx. :-)

Edited by davency (see edit history)

Hello vekia

Excuse me for my English. help me is it you please. I have version paying your module graft in footer but it is only to the home page that appears. Is it you please what code change so that it always displays in footer on all pages. Help me.

I'm on prestashop 1.6.14

Here is a part of the code

function hookFooter($params){

if (Configuration::get('lbf_position')==4){

global $smarty;

global $cookie;            

$smarty->assign(array('id_lang' => $cookie->id_lang));

return $this->display(__FILE__, 'rightcolumn.tpl');

Merci d'avance

• 3 weeks later...

I used version 2.1. Yesterday I updated to 2.3. It only worked when I had blockfacebook activated, otherwise the module didn't appear... I ended up switching back to 2.1.

module has option to enable / disable fb app,

fb app is necessary for this module and you probably disabled it or it was not configured

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Vekia,

First of all I would like to thank you for amazing free module.

I am new to prestashop, so sorry if my expressions (worked as JavaEE developer for 6 years) are not correct or maybe questions seems stupid.

So .. I am using free theme (http://www.zerocarts.com/demo/index.php?url=livedemo00.template-help.com/free_prestashop_1_6_template/), on which your module is put in a block, after the update of your module my look&feel is broken. Title is out of the block. Is it possible that update has any impact?

Second question is how to hook module to the footer. When I want to transplant the module I donot have displayFooter available in the dropdown list.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Vekia,

First of all I would like to thank you for amazing free module.

I am new to prestashop, so sorry if my expressions (worked as JavaEE developer for 6 years) are not correct or maybe questions seems stupid.

So .. I am using free theme (http://www.zerocarts.com/demo/index.php?url=livedemo00.template-help.com/free_prestashop_1_6_template/), on which your module is put in a block, after the update of your module my look&feel is broken. Title is out of the block. Is it possible that update has any impact?

Second question is how to hook module to the footer. When I want to transplant the module I donot have displayFooter available in the dropdown list.

Thank you in advance.

hello

is your problem solved?

if not - can you share an url please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm trying to update the module. I had the 1.8 version and I need to install the latest version, 2.3, but when I configure everything the module doesn't show up in the front. With firebug I can see the code there and everything seems normal, but I can't see anything. 

I'm using PS version 1.6.9, with the default theme and using the left column to insert the module. 

What can be happening?

Thank you for this awesome module!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Vekia,

First of thanks for this great module.

I have used the older version of fanpage like box before on default theme prestashop 1.6, but eventually stopped using it because it showed blank info. I used it on homepage and it showed out of the box in the same position as the blockfacebook. I have updated to a newer version of fanpage like box since blockfacebook is not showing on mobile. I have gone through almost all posts and see that this question was asked before and don't know if it is resolved. The problem is that the fanpage like box when selected to be visible on homepage shows on top of cmsinfo. Is there a way to have it show in the same position as blockfacebook like it used to in the older version.

When I upload old version rightcolomn.tpl it shows in the required position so I believe changes have to be made to that file. Hope you can help 

Thanks again.

Edited by Maghrabi (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for making this module. It's too bad it does not appear in the marketplace when I search it. I only found it through searching the forums.

unfortunately, at the moment prestashop does not allow to publish free modules on their marketplace

Hello!

I'm trying to update the module. I had the 1.8 version and I need to install the latest version, 2.3, but when I configure everything the module doesn't show up in the front. With firebug I can see the code there and everything seems normal, but I can't see anything. 

I'm using PS version 1.6.9, with the default theme and using the left column to insert the module. 

What can be happening?

Thank you for this awesome module!

its probably a matter of cache - just clear it 

Hello Vekia,

First of thanks for this great module.

I have used the older version of fanpage like box before on default theme prestashop 1.6, but eventually stopped using it because it showed blank info. I used it on homepage and it showed out of the box in the same position as the blockfacebook. I have updated to a newer version of fanpage like box since blockfacebook is not showing on mobile. I have gone through almost all posts and see that this question was asked before and don't know if it is resolved. The problem is that the fanpage like box when selected to be visible on homepage shows on top of cmsinfo. Is there a way to have it show in the same position as blockfacebook like it used to in the older version.

When I upload old version rightcolomn.tpl it shows in the required position so I believe changes have to be made to that file. Hope you can help 

Thanks again.

please share an url i will inspect the page 

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know why but it doesnt work for me, i can install int and configure it but it never appears....

hello,

- you configured it?if so, what configuration you use?

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

- you configured it?if so, what configuration you use?

Happened to me as well. Left column, nothing appears, but the module is configured correctly (it was working before updating).

I checked that the module is present in the hooks displayLeftColumn.

Also tried to reset and uninstall/reinstall the module, nothing. PS version is 1.6.0.6.

Edited by Nabbolo (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello vekia
Excuse me for my English. help me is it you please. I have version paying your module graft in footer but it is only to the home page that appears. Is it you please what code change so that it always displays in footer on all pages. Help me.
I'm on prestashop 1.6.14
Here is a part of the code

function hookFooter($params){

if (Configuration::get('lbf_position')==4){

global $smarty;

global $cookie;            

$smarty->assign(array('id_lang' => $cookie->id_lang));

return $this->display(__FILE__, 'rightcolumn.tpl');

Merci d'avance

I have the same problem. The module only shows up in homepage.

Edit: I ended up modifying the default Facebook module with code from official Facebook plugins page.

Edited by kamppa (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

can you help me please. I still cannot see the facebook module on my site www.amotodily.cz Im used old version 1.4.4.1 of presta. I have already instaled this module and paste facebook site into it (at facebook site profile visibility is actvied too) and still nothing. Can you check it please...

screen

PS 1.7.0.3 - the same problem. The lightbox doesn't show anywhere (home/footer).

// Started to work after commenting out this file: web\themes\classic\modules\ps_contactinfo\ps_contactinfo.tpl

Edited by mysho (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Thanks for your nice module.

I've installed it in PrestaShop 1.6.1.11 on default theme and like to show it in footer hook.
It works well, but it's only shown on index-page. on all other pages like category, product pages etc it's not shown.

In module positions it's disabled on non pages.... (see picture)

fanpage.png

Please could you help me to show it on every page in footer section?

Thank you so much and greetings

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

thanks for module. I have installed it and it worked like a charm in footer. But I was making some changes to theme, so i unhook it, than hook it back, but it never showed up. I did fresh install of module, clear cache but its not on front page, although its visible in BO, in LiveEdit, Hooked in footer.

Anybody solved this? 

SOLVED: I had to active also basic facebook like box block and it showed up.

Also would be happy if somebody can solve issue mentioned by steff313, because module is showing only on HomePage thanks

Edited by madxface (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi Vekia!

Thanks for everything.

I guess I'm having the same problem. I updated the module to the last version 2.4 and it shows a white box only.

Thanks in advance.

Oriol from www.mgb-snowculture.com

Ps: right now the module is unactive, but if you want to check it I could turn it on, regards!

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble getting the module to show up in my footer. I have checked and it is enabled, the settings has been set to show in footer, and i have checked and it is hooked in the footer, but nothing is showing up.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Okay wait I got it working, had to tick the checkbox that says Facebook Library, and now it popped up.

Only thing now is it is not being center aligned in its column. Where do I edit padding or something?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys

I'm trying to get the module to display properly in the footer of my page but am struggling to see where I can edit the padding, alignment etc.

You can see here it is working, but it is stuck to the top left of the footer, and I'm trying to get it to be in the center vertically and horizontally inside the div. Any ideas? Please...

123.png

Hey guys,

I am able to find and edit the properties when I inspect the element in Chrome, and it works, but I'm still trying to find where to edit the css or tpl. I've tried looking in the module folder and there is only a rightcolumn.tpl and when I add properties in there nothing changes. Where else can I look?

You can see here I added "padding-top: 30px;" to move the box away from the top edge which is what I amtrying to do:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

Anyone got any ideas on above?

I'm starting to think I might have to go for some other paid option rather if this is not possible to fix.

Thanks, have a good day guys!

Hey guys,

I am able to find and edit the properties when I inspect the element in Chrome, and it works, but I'm still trying to find where to edit the css or tpl. I've tried looking in the module folder and there is only a rightcolumn.tpl and when I add properties in there nothing changes. Where else can I look?

You can see here I added "padding-top: 30px;" to move the box away from the top edge which is what I amtrying to do:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks!

Anyone have an idea on this yet? Would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Edited by FanieLumia (see edit history)

Anyone have an idea on this yet? Would really appreciate it.

Thanks

you use non-default theme

please share url to page, it requires inspection before it will be possible to say something more.

Hi Vekia

Thank you so much for replying! I really appreciate it!

Here is the link, I just enabled the shop:

http://artisanallifestyle.co.za/

Hope you can help, thank you very much!

at the end of your global.css file (located in theme directory: /themes/PRS006/css/global.css)

paste this:

.fb_iframe_widget {
padding-top:30px;
}

after save - refresh your browser cache because there is a chance that you will see no difference because browsers remember .css files.

I currently use a custom theme, and I also don't find lefthookcolumn in the header.tpl as you said. In the module, the preview is fine. But in the Front office, it doesn't show the module at left column.

- It doesn't work with either Chorme or IE.

- I disable the default Facebook Like Box block module. But if I enable the default facebook like box, your module will show up! 

- Already cleared the cache

Please help, Thanks

Solved, I have to tick the "Facebook Library"

Edited by athichoke (see edit history)

at the end of your global.css file (located in theme directory: /themes/PRS006/css/global.css)

paste this:

.fb_iframe_widget {
padding-top:30px;
}

after save - refresh your browser cache because there is a chance that you will see no difference because browsers remember .css files.

Vekia thank you so much, it worked!!

I really appreciate it! Thanks for a great module and your support. :D

• 2 weeks later...

hello. i download module from your website. after install i set left column but likebox not showing. in module settings can see  preview of likebox with my facebook page but on my website still doesnt show. in live edit  i can see  the module is set on left column but not showing. using presta version 1.5.6. my page www.sady-ajsed.sk. thanks for any help

• 2 weeks later...

hello. i download module from your website. after install i set left column but likebox not showing. in module settings can see  preview of likebox with my facebook page but on my website still doesnt show. in live edit  i can see  the module is set on left column but not showing. using presta version 1.5.6. my page www.sady-ajsed.sk. thanks for any help

I have the same problem in 1.6.8, it seems like it is not free if you use default theme!?? it works when i aktivate the default facebook modul.

I have the same problem in 1.6.8, it seems like it is not free if you use default theme!?? it works when i aktivate the default facebook modul.

As i already mentioned a lot of times here, it is required to enable usage of facebook app (facebook javascript libraries required to run their widgets)

if your shop does not have any javascript library it is necessary to turn on option to "include facebook app". it is available on module configuration page.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I can't see block in my front office. Also I can't see preview in module settings. What can be the problem? Prestashop 1.6.

I can see like box only in mobile device, what can be the problem?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have had the same problem on 1.7 prestashop, so I have tried to put the "HTML content" module to "displayTop" hook and to this "HTML content" i put this code

<div id="fb-root"></div>
  <script>(function(d, s, id) {
    var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
    if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
    js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
    js.src = 'https://connect.facebook.net/cs_CZ/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.11';
    fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
  }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

and now it works :) But you have to change your language in this code "https://connect.facebook.net/cs_CZ/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.11". There is "cs_CZ" language. You have to set your language. Go to this page https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/page-plugin and there is blue button "get code" bellow the facabook widget. Click on this and there is the whole code with your language.

Edited by Mici_04 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

I have a fresh install v1.7.2.4, and I have installed the module (last version)

Then I have configured the module with default options, but I can not see the likebox

What can I do?

It is a fresh instalation

I have tryed again with check facebook library, but the result is the same

any idea?

Edit:SOLVED If I used home page or footer it works fine, but If I select right or left column I can not see the likebox 

Thanks

Edited by macu (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 22/10/2012 at 3:57 AM, vekia said:

PrestaShop Facebook Like Box Free Module

version 2.4, click here to read more about this module

Facebook Like Box Free module is the simplest and fastest way to add facebook like box plugin into our shop based on PrestaShop. This module is absolutely free and you can download it from our website or from this topic. Feel the power of social networks! Get more facebook fans with this special social network facebook addon.

likeboxfree-big-cover.png

translations available:

en.pnges.pngde.pngit.pngpl.pngfr.pngpt.pngsrp.png

which mean: English, Spanish, German, Italian, Polish, French, Serbian

module works with prestashop in version:

1.2.x - 1.7.x

read more about Facebook Fanpage Like Box Module for Prestashop

Update log

2.4 - (4.11.2016) - updated module back office (configuration page) and cleaned up code
2.3 - (26.05.2016) - module supports prestashop 1.7 tested addon in alpha 3 release
2.2 - (5.01.2016) - new feature to include / exclude fb library (performance aspects) + new installation procedure
2.1 - (3.07.2015) - facebook replaced likebox with pageplugin
1.9.3.1 - (12.11.2014) - FIXED: incompability with mypresta modules upgrade process
1.9.2 - (14.07.2014) - installation process improvements
1.9.1 - (07.05.2014) - Arabic language translation added
1.8.9 - (04.02.2014) - romanian language (special thanks for @Larry Baldwin)
1.8.8 - (23.01.2014) - prestashop 1.6 support
1.8.7 - (25.11.2013) - translations updated, fixed notice about undefined index
1.8.6 - (30.10.2013) - fixed apearing of likebox preview in back office configuration page
1.8.5 - (15.08.2013) - Added updates checker + Danish translation (special thanks for @jkousholt
1.8.4 - (25.07.2013) - Added Serbian language (special tanks for @Bojann)
1.8.3 - (20.05.2013) - Supports last facebook changes + background color + border color fix
1.8.2 - (6.05.2013) - Portuguese translation (special thanks for )
1.8.1 - (25.04.2013) - maxthon browser fix
1.8 - (15.04.2013) - Fixed borer color set-up
1.7 - (18.11.2012) - Fixed back office live-preview
1.6 - (15.11.2012) - Fixed issue with non-display problem
1.5 - (05.11.2012) - Module now supports footer hook!
1.4 - (30.10.2012) - Module now supports homepage hook!
1.3 - (24.10.2012) - you can select column in which like box will appear
1.2 - (23.10.2012) - module supports left hook. Now you can transplant module to left collumn
1.1 - (21.10.2012) - Fixed little issue with live preview
1.0 - (20.10.2012) - module is available for free :)

JIOeBui.png

likeboxfree.zip

Thank you for this great module!!..... I need some help with the ubication of the module, i want to move the section of the "likebox facebook" like in the image, how can i do that?... The link of my store is www.mundoarquero.com/tienda and i use PS 1.7.4.2

1.jpg

Edited by Leonellopg (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

hi, i have a problem with the module.

I prestahop 1.7.5.1.

I installed the module, I tried to install it both in the home and in the footer but it does not appear. I checked the grafts and positions and it's all set up well on all positions. What else can I do to see it on the home or in the footer?