[Module] Facebook Fanpage Like Box Plugin For Free

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PrestaShop Facebook Like Box Free Module version 2.4, click here to read more about this module Facebook Like Box Free module is the simplest and fastest way to add facebook like box plugin

this is not the error facebook changed the widget old "likebox" is not supported anymore    new plugin is "pageplugin"  https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/page-plugin and this is the o

You need to go into the module file and change the rightcolumn.tpl file. Add Vekia's code like this. I made bold the code to add and where I added it.   {*<div style="display:block; clear:both;

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to get it in the same place as the default Prestashop Facebook module (to the left of the CMS blocks). It's spanning all the way across the column and changing the width in the back office just changes the width of the images and text. Not the whole module.

Any ideas as to how to change this?

http://griffineffects.com/store

Edited by bside2234 (see edit history)

it's necessary to add to .tpl file block:

<div class="col-xs-4">
module .tpl contents here
</div>

Thank you. I actually saw that last night when I was comparing to the default facebook and was going to try it out today. Glad you confirmed what I thought and it works fine. After a little resizing it looks perfect. Thank you for this module.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Vekia for your module.

I'm having a problem that is driving me mad... the module works great but somehow my Facebook Social Activity doesn't result when I do a SEO check.  No likes, no nothing. I just upgraded your module with the same (negative) results.  The page is www.totalprint.info and the facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Totalprintinfo/194223623996141

Sorry if the same problem was already solved elsewhere but I didn't find a similar problem,
Thanks

Brando

Edited by braxcugs (see edit history)

i think that the matter is fact that your website needs likes, not fanpage

and it's worth to mention that website is not equal to fanpage

you have to gain likes for www.totalprint.info

• Like 1

Hello,

sorry to disturb, but i found a problem with my SSL certificate on HTTPS pages.

In firefox, for example, all pictures on the block are disabled, and the certificate is OK.

In Chrome, the certificate is blocked, and pictures are OK.

I think there is a problem with this pictures (profiles photos), may be a bad link on some tpl files ?

Do i have to modify a line in some TPL files ?

The URL is a Fan page one, and i wrote the URL begining with "https://www.facebook....etc..."

Regards

Hello Vekia, and a big thank for this module !! :)

I use it in my footer page, and i wanted it to be 121px hight. The matter is that FB faces don't appear now... Do you have a solution to place them not under FB page logo but on the right side ?

Thanks a lot

(sorry no URL, i try it on local server for now...)

Hello,

sorry to disturb, but i found a problem with my SSL certificate on HTTPS pages.

In firefox, for example, all pictures on the block are disabled, and the certificate is OK.

In Chrome, the certificate is blocked, and pictures are OK.

I think there is a problem with this pictures (profiles photos), may be a bad link on some tpl files ?

Do i have to modify a line in some TPL files ?

The URL is a Fan page one, and i wrote the URL begining with "https://www.facebook....etc..."

Regards

UP !

Vekia, if you are here, it could be great for me ;)

regards

UP !

Vekia, if you are here, it could be great for me ;)

regards

all what you see in the module is a external page so it's not a case of module tpl file

can you share url to your page, please?

Excellent module, Vekia!

Is there a way to move the block to sit next to the slider on the homepage like this?: attachicon.giffb next to slider copy.jpg?:

only with modification of slider and module core (it must supports this hook, at the moment it doesnt support it.)

in the upcoming upgrade i will add feature to support this hook

OK, thank you. In that case, I would like to replace the default Prestashop Facebook module so that your version sits to the left of the CMS blocks. (As discussed above with another user).  Where is the .tpl file located that I need to edit with the following?:

it's necessary to add to .tpl file block:

<div class="col-xs-4">
module .tpl contents here
</div>

Vekia, any advice to achieve the second scenario? Seems as though it worked for a chap above but I do not understand what "it's necessary to add to .tpl file block"  means.

OK, thank you. In that case, I would like to replace the default Prestashop Facebook module so that your version sits to the left of the CMS blocks. (As discussed above with another user).  Where is the .tpl file located that I need to edit with the following?:

Vekia, any advice to achieve the second scenario? Seems as though it worked for a chap above but I do not understand what "it's necessary to add to .tpl file block"  means.

You need to go into the module file and change the rightcolumn.tpl file.

Add Vekia's code like this. I made bold the code to add and where I added it.

{*<div style="display:block; clear:both; border:1px solid #{$likebox.likeboxfree_bordercolor}; {if $likebox.likeboxfree_bgon==1}background:#{$likebox.likeboxfree_bgcolor};{/if}">*}

<div class="col-xs-4">

<div style="display:block; clear:both; border:1px solid #{$likebox.likeboxfree_bordercolor};width:{$likebox.likeboxfree_width}px; {if $likebox.likeboxfree_bgon==1}background:#{$likebox.likeboxfree_bgcolor};{/if}">

<iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href={$likebox.likeboxfree_fanpageurl}&width={$likebox.likeboxfree_width}&height={$likebox.likeboxfree_height}&colorscheme={$likebox.likeboxfree_colorscheme}&show_faces={$likebox.likeboxfree_showfaces}&show_border=false&stream={$likebox.likeboxfree_showstream}&header={$likebox.likeboxfree_showheader}&appId=112465995526913" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:{$likebox.likeboxfree_width}px; height:{$likebox.likeboxfree_height}px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

</div></div>

Edited by bside2234 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

{*<div style="display:block; clear:both; border:1px solid #{$likebox.likeboxfree_bordercolor}; {if $likebox.likeboxfree_bgon==1}background:#{$likebox.likeboxfree_bgcolor};{/if}">*}

<div class="col-xs-4">

<div style="display:block; clear:both; border:1px solid #{$likebox.likeboxfree_bordercolor};width:{$likebox.likeboxfree_width}px; {if $likebox.likeboxfree_bgon==1}background:#{$likebox.likeboxfree_bgcolor};{/if}">

<iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href={$likebox.likeboxfree_fanpageurl}&width={$likebox.likeboxfree_width}&height={$likebox.likeboxfree_height}&colorscheme={$likebox.likeboxfree_colorscheme}&show_faces={$likebox.likeboxfree_showfaces}&show_border=false&stream={$likebox.likeboxfree_showstream}&header={$likebox.likeboxfree_showheader}&appId=112465995526913" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:{$likebox.likeboxfree_width}px; height:{$likebox.likeboxfree_height}px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

</div></div>

do you think that i should include it by default in this module?

• Like 1

do you think that i should include it by default in this module?

Maybe. I have it there because that's where the original one was and the original one wasn't working well for me. I just wanted to replace it with something that worked. It's easy enough to add or remove the added code though.

• Like 1

<div class="col-xs-4">

</div></div>

Perfect, thank you!

Hi Vekia,

sorry to write once again about the problem of your Facebook module and SEO check. As I wrote in a previous post, it bothered me that all SEO checks on my Prestashop Website gave me 0 Facebook likes, 0 posts etc. while my linked Facebbok fanpage actually had 88 likes, a decent number of posts,  etc. and almost all the "Likes" have been made directly on my website. It is important to have a facebbok fan page but it is also important that Google recognizes your social activity as well (obviously for rankimg)!

Just to give you an example, making a SEO check on your website http://mypresta.eu/ this is what comes out:

→ Facebook Likes: 5, Facebook Shares: 18, Facebook Comments: 0
→ Tweets: 17
→ Google PlusOnes: 516
→ No activity on Pinterest!

My guess is that you passed the SEO check mostly because of the 516 Google PlusOnes (I didn't pass it with 14 Facebook Likes)
Compare it with your Facebook fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/MyPresta   that has 1.913 "Likes", tons of Posts and Comments...

To get the SEO to finally recognize my Facebook "Likes" I had to change the script with.
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Ftotalprint.info&
layout=box_count&
show_faces=true&a
ction=like&
colorscheme=light&amp" style="overflow:hidden;width:100%;height:80px;"
scrolling="no" frameborder="0"
allowTransparency="true">
</iframe>

Now every "Like" I get on my webpage is finally seen by SEO check! I liked your Module very much and would love to have on my website but it is meaningless to have it if Google unfortunately can't see it.  Is it possible that there isn't a way to make the Website Facebbok's Fanpage seen by Google? Is there a way to have Facebook posts on the website that can be Shared and Commented but also seen by Google?

Thanks
Brando

Tried incorporating this module instead of the deafult Facebook Like block that comes with the deafult theme. What I did was disabling the default module and then enabling "your" module. Got nothing with Prestashop 1.6.0.5! Simply the Custom CMS block Information takes the whole space and your facebook module is nowhere to be seen. Ah! I almost forgot to mention the I aligned it to the left, where the deafult Faceook module is present. Your module doesn't work, but when I activate the default module, it works smoothly. I really want to use yours module because it is customizable while the deafult one isn't. Could you please let me know what is the exact issue with the module or Prestashop's version?

Website URL: http://www.dirtrades.com

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Vekia

Congratulations for the module and for your work here in Prestashop.

In post # 179 (page 9 of this topic) you answered a user who wanted to put the box in the footer Fanpage, right side.

I tried to modify the tpl module, but did not solve the problem.

In BO pointed "footer" and hook Position 3rd in the footer. What can be wrong?

My shop is on maintenance. I will be alert to open the site as soon as you are available.

Rui

:)

post-430309-0-50977900-1416398951_thumb.jpg

please share url to shop, it can be related to some coding related to your theme (it's not default one) - so i have to analyse code and associated css styles.

Same problem also in www.tgear.fi. I hooked it into left, but did not work. I installed another module, which doesn't like as good as yours but it works...

what module you use there at the moment?

do I use this module, but isn't it displayed inversion smartphone, and when I do you go in thecategories of the product, the block becomeempty know why?

• 1 month later...

21b89if.jpggood afternoon,

(sorry no habla espaniol)

Very good module (infact its the first i try and works!) bhut i have a small problem...

as you can see in the screenshot, block is going further in the whole page.

It is not a big deal, but i am wondering if it is easy to fix it.

Also here is my code form my eshop.

<div style="display:block; clear:both; border:1px solid #FF143C; background:#FFFFFF;width: 322px;"> <iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http://www.facebook.com/pages/%CE%95%CE%B9%CF%81%CE%AE%CE%BD%CE%B7-%CE%A7%CF%81%CE%B9%CF%83%CF%84%CE%AF%CE%BD%CE%B1-%CE%9C%CF%80%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%BC%CF%80%CE%AC%CE%B4%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%BF%CF%85/173002426236527&width=300&height=300&colorscheme=light&show_faces=1&show_border=false&stream=0&header=1&appId=112465995526913" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:300px; height:300px;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe></div>
<iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http://www.facebook.com/pages/%CE%95%CE%B9%CF%81%CE%AE%CE%BD%CE%B7-%CE%A7%CF%81%CE%B9%CF%83%CF%84%CE%AF%CE%BD%CE%B1-%CE%9C%CF%80%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%BC%CF%80%CE%AC%CE%B4%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%BF%CF%85/173002426236527&width=300&height=300&colorscheme=light&show_faces=1&show_border=false&stream=0&header=1&appId=112465995526913" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:300px; height:300px;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

21b89if.jpggood afternoon,

(sorry no habla espaniol)

Very good module (infact its the first i try and works!) bhut i have a small problem...

as you can see in the screenshot, block is going further in the whole page.

It is not a big deal, but i am wondering if it is easy to fix it.

Also here is my code form my eshop.

<div style="display:block; clear:both; border:1px solid #FF143C; background:#FFFFFF;width: 322px;"> <iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http://www.facebook.com/pages/%CE%95%CE%B9%CF%81%CE%AE%CE%BD%CE%B7-%CE%A7%CF%81%CE%B9%CF%83%CF%84%CE%AF%CE%BD%CE%B1-%CE%9C%CF%80%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%BC%CF%80%CE%AC%CE%B4%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%BF%CF%85/173002426236527&width=300&height=300&colorscheme=light&show_faces=1&show_border=false&stream=0&header=1&appId=112465995526913" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:300px; height:300px;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe></div>
<iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http://www.facebook.com/pages/%CE%95%CE%B9%CF%81%CE%AE%CE%BD%CE%B7-%CE%A7%CF%81%CE%B9%CF%83%CF%84%CE%AF%CE%BD%CE%B1-%CE%9C%CF%80%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%BC%CF%80%CE%AC%CE%B4%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%BF%CF%85/173002426236527&width=300&height=300&colorscheme=light&show_faces=1&show_border=false&stream=0&header=1&appId=112465995526913" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:300px; height:300px;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

can you share url to page where you have this problem, pleasE?

i checked your page and there is no width param:

<div style="display:block; clear:both; border:1px solid #FF143C; background:#FFFFFF;"> 

please make sure that you uploaded file to correct place and after that - recompile shop theme (adv. parameters > performance) and clear shop cache (adv. parameters > performance)

• Like 1

<div style="width:300px; display:block; clear:both; border:1px solid #{$likebox.likeboxfree_bordercolor}; {if $likebox.likeboxfree_bgon==1}background:#{$likebox.likeboxfree_bgcolor};{/if}">

</div>

yes, in module .tpl file located in module directory.

thanks for the code,

but i dont understand in which file i will insert the code...

i did not find any module.tpl in the whole prestashop directory!

thanks for the code,

but i dont understand in which file i will insert the code...

i did not find any module.tpl in the whole prestashop directory!

i mean in .tpl file from module directory, the only one file is rightcolumn.tpl :-)

sorry for not being clear enough

okkkk i think now its much better!

thanks for your support!

I suppose if i change the width from the module (lets say 200px or 500 px)

it may need changes in the same .tpl file?

Hey Vekia.

Sorry for bothering you with such a simple problem, but for some reason i can not get it to work.
I want to transplant your likebox to topcolumn hook, but the normal way this is done does not work:

public function displayTopColumn($params){
return $this->displayHome($params);
}

I noticed you use "hook" and not "display" so i also tried changing that word, still no luck.
Will i need to add something like this?:

function hookTopColumn($params){
        if (Configuration::get('likeboxfree_position')==5){
         $likeboxarray=$this->setlikeboxoptions();
     global $smarty;
     $smarty->assign(array('likebox' => $likeboxarray));
            return $this->display(__FILE__, 'rightcolumn.tpl');
        }     

Thanks, NB

P.S:

I use version 1.6.0.9

Edited by NBBO (see edit history)

as far as i remember module doesnt support topColumn.

there is no "display" because in old ps releases it will not work. in new - it works even without "display".

i you added this hook dupport by yourself you have to add to settings option to save this variable:

if (Configuration::get('likeboxfree_position')==5){

or remove it completly.

• Like 1

Yesterday all was fine, but starting work today the add-on module Advanced Theme Configurator does not work anymore.

Also the following modules have the same problem:

European Union Cookies Law

HTMLbox v1.5.4

Fanpage Likebox Free

I've added screenshots in another post. See:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/398256-help-advanced-theme-configurator-does-not-work-anymore/?do=findComment&comment=1938895

We had contact with the developer and gave him access to our back office and FTP server and all he could say was that all worked in the language "Dutch" and not in the language "English". His conclusion was that the cause was in Prestashop.

The problem that occurs: we cannot see the module-menu in the front office, we cannot see the text before the option buttons in the back office configurate mode.

In the module list we don't see the full name of the module.

When we change the language to Dutch all is visible, but we want all in english.

prestashop 1.6.0.11 

Hope someone can tell me how to solve this!

Edited by unlimitedgrain (see edit history)

Yesterday all was fine, but starting work today the add-on module Advanced Theme Configurator does not work anymore.

Also the following modules have the same problem:

European Union Cookies Law

HTMLbox v1.5.4

Fanpage Likebox Free

I've added screenshots in another post. See:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/398256-help-advanced-theme-configurator-does-not-work-anymore/?do=findComment&comment=1938895

We had contact with the developer and gave him access to our back office and FTP server and all he could say was that all worked in the language "Dutch" and not in the language "English". His conclusion was that the cause was in Prestashop.

The problem that occurs: we cannot see the module-menu in the front office, we cannot see the text before the option buttons in the back office configurate mode.

In the module list we don't see the full name of the module.

When we change the language to Dutch all is visible, but we want all in english.

prestashop 1.6.0.11 

Hope someone can tell me how to solve this!

it's not a issue of mine modules.

it's a problem with prestashop, solution here:

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/9e27137fc1f1d57d4da9fc3fc1a63bba23c9a422

open  classes/Translate.php file

find line:

if (isset($current_key_file) && isset($_MODULES[$current_key_file]))

change it to:

if (isset($current_key_file) && !empty($_MODULES[$current_key_file]))

and:

elseif (isset($default_key_file) && isset($_MODULES[$default_key_file]))

to:

elseif (isset($default_key_file) && !empty($_MODULES[$default_key_file]))

and:

elseif (isset($_MODULES[$current_key]))

to:

elseif (!empty($_MODULES[$current_key]))

and:

elseif (isset($_MODULES[$default_key]))

to:

elseif (!empty($_MODULES[$default_key]))

Thank you Vekia! This will help some of the users having this problem.

I looked at the files on our server, but the don't have these lines in them. I'm working with version 1.6.0.11

I'm now translating all modules that have this problem and that looks to be working. (copying the english text and pasting it in the red cells)

I don't understand that all lines are empty in english, it is a lot of work but it solves my problem.

Thank you Vekia! This will help some of the users having this problem.

I looked at the files on our server, but the don't have these lines in them. I'm working with version 1.6.0.11

I'm now translating all modules that have this problem and that looks to be working. (copying the english text and pasting it in the red cells)

I don't understand that all lines are empty in english, it is a lot of work but it solves my problem.

you can do it in bulk with github commit that i pasted ;-)

you will save a lot of time

SEARCH for the code and replace it as i suggested.

Number of lines aren't always the same.

this is topic about facebook likebox module

if you've got troubles with prestashop - create new topic please :-)

The code is not in the php file at all.

I've done searches on different words from you lines. e.g. && only appears only 3 times in our file!

All module translations done and all is working for me, but others may have the same problem so it is good to know about both options to solve it.

Hello,

i install modul and when i change tpl nothing happen. Where is the problem?

THX.

Delete cache

Now Is OK.  :)

that;s right

it's a matter of cache

video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u590nf65Mg

Hi Vekia, Thanks for the module!

I was just wondering if there is a way to make the width of the module fluid (responsive). I tried adding a percentage value (100%) on the config page but it doesn't work.

I'm using prestashop 1.6.0.9. and the module on homepage position.

Thank you!

Edited by Egocefalo (see edit history)

hello,

try these css styles

#fb-root {
    display: none;
}

/* To fill the container and nothing else */

.fb_iframe_widget, .fb_iframe_widget span, .fb_iframe_widget span iframe[style] {
    width: 100% !important;
}

Hi Vekia, Thanks a lot. It worked perfectly.

great :-)

i will include it to the module, i think

option to turn on "responsive" mode 

it's worth to

with regards,

MIlos

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Milos

Also will like to make my box responsive, but if i just copy.paste these lines to bottom of Likeboxfree/css/css.css nothing seems to happens?

Will i need to put a value in "width" field?

Thank you.

Regards

Kristian

hello,

try these css styles

#fb-root {
    display: none;
}

/* To fill the container and nothing else */

.fb_iframe_widget, .fb_iframe_widget span, .fb_iframe_widget span iframe[style] {
    width: 100% !important;
}

Hello

I am not able to download the last version (1.9.3.1)

What I got is 1.3.4

Could you please advise !

Thanks 

from where you downloaded it? try from official module page

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have also tried to add your css code to the global.css file, and nothing happened, it's still not responsive. I think that I have missed something, but what ?

This is one of the pages of my website where the plugin appears : http://www.savons-couronne.be/12-nos-savons?live_configurator_token=1518daddc67c8d479ccabe0d2d74d13e&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=&theme_font=

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas

Hi Milos

Also will like to make my box responsive, but if i just copy.paste these lines to bottom of Likeboxfree/css/css.css nothing seems to happens?

Will i need to put a value in "width" field?

Thank you.

Regards

Kristian

Hi Vekia.

you say:

- You have made a little mistake in the likeboxfree.php

- Line 307 dispaly:block :)

But in file "likeboxfree.php", line 307 made of:

$likebox_bgon = Configuration::get('likeboxfree_bgon');

but "dispaly:block" present in line 154

<iframe src="//apps.facepages.eu/somestuff/onlyexample.html" width="100%" height="150" border="0" style="border:none; dispaly:block; margin:auto;"></iframe>

Sorry, but I don't know to program code.

Tell me, please, what I is made line 307?

Thank you for your patience and good week for you. ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Vekia,

First of all I must say this is a very nice module as it contains lots of UI based customization.

Just one thing I want to bring into your notice that this module doesn't work in all those places where Facebook is blocked.

Is there any possibility to make this module work on those places as well like corporate offices?

Attaching screenshot.

Thanks

Manish Kumar

post-765052-0-26306200-1433176310_thumb.jpg

sadly speaking this what you see in likebox is a part of facebook.

so if facebook is blocked - you will not see contents of likebox, exactly as on image you attached :(

Hi there, 

we have installed your module but can't seem to find it anywhere on our site after linking our Facebook page into it?

http://www.nd-tuning.co.uk/

ADC392h.png

does your theme support displayFooter hook? i remember that some similar theme doesnt support it!

verify footer.tpl file, or attach it here and i will check it.