[Module] Facebook Fanpage Like Box Plugin For Free

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PrestaShop Facebook Like Box Free Module version 2.4, click here to read more about this module Facebook Like Box Free module is the simplest and fastest way to add facebook like box plugin

this is not the error facebook changed the widget old "likebox" is not supported anymore    new plugin is "pageplugin"  https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/page-plugin and this is the o

You need to go into the module file and change the rightcolumn.tpl file. Add Vekia's code like this. I made bold the code to add and where I added it.   {*<div style="display:block; clear:both;

Posted Images

you need to create own facebook app, and then - use it in plugin configuration url.

where exactly should I put the facebook app id? can you please explain as for the beginners?

Thanks,

Mugur

where exactly should I put the facebook app id? can you please explain as for the beginners?

Thanks,

Mugur

this module doesn't use app id.

you probably use some other external module, and it is necessary for it.

i don't know what modules you use.

Hi, I'm using this module a while, is very useful.

BUT just got an error.
I've updated the module, and now no FB page is loading there :(

I've tried to delete the module, download a new zip from official page, and reinstall.

BUT nothing changed.

The module on back office is ok, editable, on front office still not working :(

Need help.

Thanks

Hi, I'm using this module a while, is very useful.

BUT just got an error.

I've updated the module, and now no FB page is loading there :(

I've tried to delete the module, download a new zip from official page, and reinstall.

BUT nothing changed.

The module on back office is ok, editable, on front office still not working :(

Need help.

Thanks

share url please to page where module is installed and turned on

• 2 weeks later...

or with browser, if i were you i will check installed plugins :)

Hello, good afternoon ...

I installed your module (

Fanpage Likebox Free v1.8 And its works perfectly from Chrome, but Firefox from IE 11 and do not see the module.

In Firefox you can see the outer edge and blank interior

In IE 11 gives connection error.

Hello, good afternoon ...

I installed your module ( Fanpage Likebox Free v1.8 And its works perfectly from Chrome, but Firefox from IE 11 and do not see the module.

In Firefox you can see the outer edge and blank interior

In IE 11 gives connection error.

please share url to your website i will inspect it.

i suppose that you aren't logged to facebook in other browsers.

and if you arent logged - you cant see likebox due to the restrictions you've got in your fanpage settings (age, countries etc.)

i think that you had some restrictions there, like age, country etc.

am i right? ;)

I think yes ... but as I changed a lot of things .... if you have other modules in your suitcase? or a website?

:)

When the width of the iframe is changed, the width of the div isn't. Some changes will correct this.

In the rightcolumn.tpl file:

<div style="display:block; clear:both; border:1px solid #{$likebox.likeboxfree_bordercolor};width:{$likebox.likeboxfree_width}px; {if $likebox.likeboxfree_bgon==1}background:#{$likebox.likeboxfree_bgcolor};{/if}">

the latest firefox, but no problem, I use the same width as the iframe in the tpl. All the rest is working fine.

Many tx for the module.

thank you for information

anyway, i checked it on latest firefox and still can't reproduce issue :P

im pulling my hair out due to this :P :P :P

Great module. and big thanks for the big archive of free modules. I've been messing around with my site today, and noticed when using this facebook module. Let's say I got 4 followers on my facebook site, then when displaying the people in the Like box, it shows fx. 1 user once, another user twice. Like this: 

1qkfas.png

I haven't figured out, what causes this error, but I noticed, on the orginal facebook develope center, when "designing" my Like boss there, it does the same. Is this because my FB Site only has 3 members at the time or ? Sorry for the n00bish question, just been an torn in my eye all day :(

But once again, thanks for an great ressource palace ! :-)

and I'm sure the text that is pushed to the right, would be more visible if I resize the box, pleasre correct me, if I'm wrong

Edited by Belloc (see edit history)

if you haven't got a lot of likes, this is how likebox display likes

unfortunately, im not able to change it because it's on "facebook side"

Thank you Sir, that's what I had in mind as possible "error", just wanted to double check :rolleyes: Once again, thanks for the great modules and support  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i got a blank box on right side, nothing more, could you helpme?

Mi page: http://www.vamosalamesa.es

Thanks in advance

it works:

ZqE3msu.png

make sure that:

- you ahvent got any kind of add block installed in your browser

- your antivirus (like avast) has got feature to block social networks

Hi Vekia, finally solved problem. The problem was the Avast module on my Frefox!!, simply solution unactivate the social networks, that's all. Now run like a charm. No doubt, the best module for facebook in prestashop. Thanks a lot.

Edited by El pollo (see edit history)

PrestaShop Facebook Like Box Free Module

version 1.8.1, click here to read more about this module

Facebook Like Box Free module is the simplest and fastest way to add facebook like box plugin into our shop based on PrestaShop. This module is absolutely free and you can download it from our website or from this topic. Feel the power of social networks! Get more facebook fans with this special social network facebook addon.

likeboxfree-big-cover.png

translations available:

en.pnges.pngde.pngit.pngpl.pngfr.pngpt.pngsrp.png

which mean: English, Spanish, German, Italian, Polish, French, Serbian

module works with prestashop in version:

1.2.x - 1.6.x

read more about Facebook Fanpage Like Box Module for Prestashop

Update log

1.8.9 - (04.02.2014) - romanian language (special thanks for @Larry Baldwin)

1.8.8 - (23.01.2014) - prestashop 1.6 support

1.8.7 - (25.11.2013) - translations updated, fixed notice about undefined index

1.8.6 - (30.10.2013) - fixed apearing of likebox preview in back office configuration page

1.8.5 - (15.08.2013) - Added updates checker + Danish translation (special thanks for @jkousholt

1.8.4 - (25.07.2013) - Added Serbian language (special tanks for @Bojann)

1.8.3 - (20.05.2013) - Supports last facebook changes + background color + border color fix

1.8.2 - (6.05.2013) - Portuguese translation (special thanks for )

1.8.1 - (25.04.2013) - maxthon browser fix

1.8 - (15.04.2013) - Fixed borer color set-up

1.7 - (18.11.2012) - Fixed back office live-preview

1.6 - (15.11.2012) - Fixed issue with non-display problem

1.5 - (05.11.2012) - Module now supports footer hook!

1.4 - (30.10.2012) - Module now supports homepage hook!

1.3 - (24.10.2012) - you can select column in which like box will appear

1.2 - (23.10.2012) - module supports left hook. Now you can transplant module to left collumn

1.1 - (21.10.2012) - Fixed little issue with live preview

1.0 - (20.10.2012) - module is available for free :)

Wow, this what plugin I am waiting for

wso.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

PrestaShop Facebook Like Box Free Module

version 1.8.1, click here to read more about this module

Facebook Like Box Free module is the simplest and fastest way to add facebook like box plugin into our shop based on PrestaShop. This module is absolutely free and you can download it from our website or from this topic. Feel the power of social networks! Get more facebook fans with this special social network facebook addon.

likeboxfree-big-cover.png

translations available:

en.pnges.pngde.pngit.pngpl.pngfr.pngpt.pngsrp.png

which mean: English, Spanish, German, Italian, Polish, French, Serbian

module works with prestashop in version:

1.2.x - 1.6.x

read more about Facebook Fanpage Like Box Module for Prestashop

Update log

1.8.9 - (04.02.2014) - romanian language (special thanks for @Larry Baldwin)

1.8.8 - (23.01.2014) - prestashop 1.6 support

1.8.7 - (25.11.2013) - translations updated, fixed notice about undefined index

1.8.6 - (30.10.2013) - fixed apearing of likebox preview in back office configuration page

1.8.5 - (15.08.2013) - Added updates checker + Danish translation (special thanks for @jkousholt

1.8.4 - (25.07.2013) - Added Serbian language (special tanks for @Bojann)

1.8.3 - (20.05.2013) - Supports last facebook changes + background color + border color fix

1.8.2 - (6.05.2013) - Portuguese translation (special thanks for )

1.8.1 - (25.04.2013) - maxthon browser fix

1.8 - (15.04.2013) - Fixed borer color set-up

1.7 - (18.11.2012) - Fixed back office live-preview

1.6 - (15.11.2012) - Fixed issue with non-display problem

1.5 - (05.11.2012) - Module now supports footer hook!

1.4 - (30.10.2012) - Module now supports homepage hook!

1.3 - (24.10.2012) - you can select column in which like box will appear

1.2 - (23.10.2012) - module supports left hook. Now you can transplant module to left collumn

1.1 - (21.10.2012) - Fixed little issue with live preview

1.0 - (20.10.2012) - module is available for free :)

Hi 

Very nice module.

But I got a problem. The text "You like this" which in danish is "Du synes godt om dette" fill to much. I cant read all the text and it is not looking very well.

Do you what to do? I cant even find where I can translate the text manually and remove it in that way.

If you don't understand the mistake please watch it here in my right collum. http://www.solbrillebutikken.dk/

Thank you.

Best regards,

Steffen

i don't see any likebox, it's probably because you've got some kind of restrictions, for example - related to country etc?

Sorry maybe I have that. 

Here is a picture.Google Chrome browser; Some of the text is missing.

And then I have also attached a picture on firefox browser where the modul just is complete white?

Thank you.

post-427610-0-30284600-1395096434_thumb.png

post-427610-0-25495300-1395096440_thumb.png

your fanpage doesnt work when you arent logged, or if you're logged to the WRONG (not accepted by fanpage accounts) http://www.facebook.com/Solbrillebutikken.dk

possible problems:

- fanpage is not enabled 

- you've got some resitrictions like country restriction

please verify it.

ps. it works in chrome because you're logged to your facebook account there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Module has stopped working all of sudden. I don't use it but my friend does and I'm trying to figure what went wrong.

There is possibility that he recently made some changes to his Facebook page because there was annoying advertising by some people, I'll have to ask if he has changed settings. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing changed, I also tried forcing the recompiling / clearing cache.

www.sorkkamestarit.fi

I have admin account to this shop so I can make changes, if needed.

For the Facebook group I don't have.

Thanks, it works now.

However, atleast I didn't change the url when it just stopped working (worked fine almost a month, basically since the beginning) so what do you think, did he change something in that Facebook page settings or what was that?

Thanks, it works now.

However, atleast I didn't change the url when it just stopped working (worked fine almost a month, basically since the beginning) so what do you think, did he change something in that Facebook page settings or what was that?

yess i think that facebook changed something :)

Greetings Vekia;

First of all thank you very much for the module, it is very good and more customizable than the native Prestashop 1.6.0.6.

But I have a query. I installed it on a home page test but is mounted incorrectly. The top of the block is lost. I have tried to solve the problem by modifying the css, but I have not been successful.

The test page is  PageTest

Thank you very much :)

Sorry for the English, I use Google Translator

Vekia_e1.jpg

Edited by Daviant (see edit history)

it's not a problem with likebox module, but it's a problem with your advertise module.

paste this code somewhere to your global.css stylesheet file

#blockadvmulti4 {
clear: both; 
display: block; 
overflow: hidden; 
height: 100px; 
}

it's not a problem with likebox module, but it's a problem with your advertise module.

paste this code somewhere to your global.css stylesheet file

#blockadvmulti4 {
clear: both; 
display: block; 
overflow: hidden; 
height: 100px; 
}

Well, well, incredible .... Many, but thank you very much Vekia. I was not even close to fix it .. :)

(I use Google Translate)

Well, well, incredible .... Many, but thank you very much Vekia. I was not even close to fix it .. :)

(I use Google Translate)

you're welcome :)

happy sales and happy gaining fans on facebook ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Vekia, the module is working great. Is there any way to change the width of the background title border? If so, can you tell me where? I've been searching but I'm unable to find where.  :wacko:

Thank you!

Hello Vekia, the module is working great. Is there any way to change the width of the background title border? If so, can you tell me where? I've been searching but I'm unable to find where.  :wacko:

Thank you!

about what "title border" you're talking? i have no idea about what element you think

Dear Vekia, I would like to ask you for information form: when you reduce the size of the screen (such as tablet, ipad, smartphone, etc..) the form will not fit. 

You can do something to fix the module? 

I tried by file css.css, but I did not get any results. You can give me a hand, also because I think it can be something to improve your form. 

I look forward to yours. 

thanks 

Marcello

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if you want more features please write about it here - i'm always open for extend this addon

hi vekia, sorry for the late 'thank' :P

may i ask permission to make a little modification on this module? 

thx

sorry for the late reply & sorry for bringing this topic to the forum 'cause i know what i'm trying to do is something maybe not ethical for the original designer & you

so,i tried making a little modification that turn the module into something like social network tab/slider :D. all is paid-modules

i tried to make tabs of social network in one of the column (left or right). i must admit that i saw that in nemops webpage (sorry nemo :P)

and i searched everywhere looking a free-module or tutorial related to that matter. and didn't find it.

so i modified your rightcolumn.tpl (i don't have skills to make a new module from scratch. shame on me) and this is what i want to achieve

post-773117-0-74182000-1403018341_thumb.jpg

and here the code i tried to modified (clone from product.tpl)

<div >
    <ul id="more_info_tabs" class="idTabs idTabsShort clearfix">
        <li><a href="#idTab9">Facebook</a></li>
        <li><a href="#idTab77">Twitter</a></li>
        <li><a href="#idTab89">G+</a></li>
    </ul>

<div id="more_info_sheets" class="sheets align_justify">
        <div id="idTab9" >
                <iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href={$likebox.likeboxfree_fanpageurl}&width={$likebox.likeboxfree_width}&height={$likebox.likeboxfree_height}&colorscheme={$likebox.likeboxfree_colorscheme}&show_faces={$likebox.likeboxfree_showfaces}&show_border=false&stream={$likebox.likeboxfree_showstream}&header={$likebox.likeboxfree_showheader}&appId=112465995526913" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:{$likebox.likeboxfree_width}px; height:{$likebox.likeboxfree_height}px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
        </div>
        <div id="idTab77">
            <a class="twitter-timeline"  href="https://twitter.com/WWG_JKT"  data-widget-id="478588480394506240">Tweets by @WWG_JKT</a>
        </div>
        <div id="idTab89">
            <div class="g-page" data-width="220" data-href="https://plus.google.com/u/0/108214763474865760432" data-rel="publisher"></div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>  

it works but only in product pages where the original tab-codes is from lol. other than that page, the tab is just not working.

tried to copy the css file to module-css file. didn;t work.

i tried to make sense the js script but only made my head exploded

dont expect me to implement that to back-office. way of my league lol

thank you

Edited by Andr3Ace (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

As you know that in Prestashop 1.6 (the one that I am using), there is a built in "Facebook block v1.3.1 - by PrestaShop".

This module also shows me the Facebook like block but not in my desired way. It show Facebook like block on bottom left... right above the footer. But I want it to be on the left or right site as a Sidebar.

If you can let me know, either I change this built in module to display on Sidebar or should I use this Facebook module "http://mypresta.eu/modules/social-networks/facebook-like-box-free.html" (this current thread one) ?

Furthermore, I have disabled the built in module and installed this current thread module but it is not showing me anything on the storefront.

Need Help.

Thanks in advance.

this module doesnt allow to create this kind of effect.

with this module you can add static block to your website.

features like that needs a little more custom coding.

i created another module for that some time ago named facebook fan slider but it's not free one.

if you want to create static button to fanpage, you can check this guide:

facebook floating sidebar button

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - Thank you for sharing this super module - we are still running on 1.24 all working great.

Your programme is working on our UK site in English - 100% supper

But small issue on our Polish site (two PS shops) although it shows translated into Polish it is showing up in English.

Is there something I missed?

Please respond

Kind regards and thanks again the the gift of sharing :)

Ian

Hello - Thank you for sharing this super module - we are still running on 1.24 all working great.

Your programme is working on our UK site in English - 100% supper

But small issue on our Polish site (two PS shops) although it shows translated into Polish it is showing up in English.

Is there something I missed?

Please respond

Kind regards and thanks again the the gift of sharing :)

Ian

what module version you use at the moment?