[Module] Facebook Fanpage Like Box Plugin For Free

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PrestaShop Facebook Like Box Free Module version 2.4, click here to read more about this module Facebook Like Box Free module is the simplest and fastest way to add facebook like box plugin

this is not the error facebook changed the widget old "likebox" is not supported anymore    new plugin is "pageplugin"  https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/page-plugin and this is the o

You need to go into the module file and change the rightcolumn.tpl file. Add Vekia's code like this. I made bold the code to add and where I added it.   {*<div style="display:block; clear:both;

Posted Images

hello, good module.

I translated to Portuguese in prestashop version 1.4.10, hope you enjoy.

greetings

hello i will add this translation in next update, thanks for your work!

hello, good module.

I translated to Portuguese in prestashop version 1.4.10, hope you enjoy.

greetings

hello, you should change the height param in the module configuration page. increase value to 470

hello, anything, we're here to help each other.

But if you put 470px, the block starts to get too big, you can not only by 300px and below appear in the same square at the bottom, see picture.

greetings

post-512733-0-59161600-1367777060_thumb.jpg

why to big? this is normal size. We can't cut this because this is facebook plugin, we can't modify the content

hello, ok, but it has to be 470px? I had 420px, but a person like and added a text "plugin social do Facebook" disappeared, as this was now on the site.

what you're telling me is that if I put 470px, if the people they put a like it will not go away? is it?

Edited by Speed2010 (see edit history)

if you want bottom border - you have to set it up to 470px - but the "plugin social do Facebook" will appear.

if you set height to 420px; then you "cut" block and "plugin social do Facebook" disappears - also bottom border

hello, something must be wrong, because if I put the height to 300px, the text "plugin social do Facebook" disappears.

it is still there but it is "cutted" of, hidden - because height param is smallest than likebox window

it work on my prestashop 1.482 thank You 6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

You're welcome, im glad that it works for you,

happy sales :-)

it works only in one hook, you can choose hook in module configuration page.

module supports most important default hooks.

what version of ps you use? can you paste the url to your page?

hey

unfortunately your page doesnt work for me :( loading loading and finally die - "Toko Baju Korea Murah"

it works now!

i checked, you've got right - in the left column module doesnt appear.

i've got question:

i've noticed that you use non-default template, can you check themes/your_theme/header.tpl file ?

have you got there {HOOK_LEFT_COLUMN} ?

it works now!

i checked, you've got right - in the left column module doesnt appear.

i've got question:

i've noticed that you use non-default template, can you check themes/your_theme/header.tpl file ?

have you got there {HOOK_LEFT_COLUMN} ?

ill do it right now :)

ive checked it.. and i dont find {HOOK_LEFT_COLUMN} on header.tpl

what should i do??

yes i dont use default template

Edited by bagzpain (see edit history)

i think that your template hasn't got default left column hook, can you check modules -> positions,

search for categories block module, have you got there something like:

2rxOxBz.png

i think that your template hasn't got default left column hook, can you check modules -> positions,

search for categories block module, have you got there something like:

2rxOxBz.png

yes i see it

"technical name: displayleftcoloumn product"

and i see "facebook likebox free" on displayfooter..

"technical name: displayleftcoloumn product"

it's not the same. You have to look for the "displayLeftColumn" - without "product".

it is still there but it is "cutted" of, hidden - because height param is smallest than likebox window

hello, so to show always has to be 470px, right?

I thought if I was on 350px would also show, that is 350px in the window is not so great.

Hello,

is there some way how to set how many photoframes of people who liked the page will be displayed?

In current configuration to see module frame bottom part I need to display 45 people. Can be configured to see only 6? or 12 contacts? Or is related fo FB settings?

page is: e-shop.smartpro.sk

ver: 1.5.4.1

Thanks! :)

Lubos

nope, it isn't possible in likebox plugin, unfortunately in this case all scripts are on "facebook" side, so we cant change them :(

UPDATE!

new version released. module is now in 1.8.2 version, I added Portuguese translation (special thanks for Speed2010)

• Like 1

nope, it isn't possible in likebox plugin, unfortunately in this case all scripts are on "facebook" side, so we cant change them :(

So I have to 470px by to show forever, right?

ok, thank you

Great plugin, works perfect! Thank you! :)

I have one question..is it possible to change the color of the background (where it says: find us on facebook) from light blue to another color?

Well that's ok, i just removed it and problem solved :D thanks again

you're welcome :-)

follow this topis if it is possible, Im updating this module very often :-)

OMG i just noticed that you already follow it :-)

regards!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

why to big? this is normal size. We can't cut this because this is facebook plugin, we can't modify the content

hello, okay vekia, the size is normal, now already filled the square with people and disappeared beneath the letters, this is so?

letters should always be.

post-512733-0-02723000-1368728182_thumb.jpg

new version released!

1.8.3 supports last facebook major changes

now module has got an ability to change border color & ability to change background color

• 4 weeks later...

is there some option how to change size of faces? i want them bigger, but i can´t find some value in code to change the size.

and if there´s no way to change size, is there some options to align faces to the center of the module or change spaces between faces?

Edited by svrcekmichal (see edit history)

it isn't possible to change the like box content. All you see in the like box come from facebook, we haven't got rights to edit sources of external pages, unfortunately.

Hi vekia,

I have the same problem as POST #145.

How and where do you increase the margins?

I have looked into it, but can't figure it out.

Thank you for all your work - great stuff!

Best,

Adam

i don't know what problem you exactly have got.

unfortunately i can't fix some problems with likebox, because not everything depends on me, but on facebook :(

Hello !

I have a probleme with your module : if we are not logged in facebook, the module dissapears !

Could you help me please ?

mini_746551bug.jpg

Here a print screen.

its because you've got probably restrictions defined in your fanpage. Restrictions like age / country.

with restricstions - if you're not connected - the fanpage is not showing. It depends on facebook settings, so this isn't problem with module.

but we can't change the sources of the iframe, because source that we see in the likebox is stored on the facebook.com website.

We can only manipulate several settings there (we can add some changes via likebox plugin api)

here are more informations: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/

try to set the same configuration as in your store - you will see that it looks exactly the same and we can't change it :(

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not trying to change the actual box - only the space before and after the module, just like the picture shows in POST #145.

I figured that as this was a module built for PrestaShop there would be a way to change these margins?

Surely there is a way to do it?

Best,

Adam

Hello,

Any ideea how i can set from css file the left margin..?

so, i want to have 50px betwen line from page and the facebook block.

Many regards

i think that you're talking about custom template, am i right? if so, please paste url to your store, it will be really helpful in this case

• 4 weeks later...

update released! latest version: 1.8.4

you can download it from first post in this thread

Serbian language added, special thanks for Bojann

• Like 1

Hello,

Thank you for the module :)

Apparently there is wrong html code in it, after install it, it gaves me 6 more errors on w3c validator http://validator.w3.org/

I tested on a fresh PS 1.5.4.1 install and I have the same w3C errors

Can you check and correct them please ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by KevinNash (see edit history)

unfortunately if you will use external widgets like twitter, facebook or something other, w3 validator will show errors. Why? These widgets use non default html tags. unfortunately there is no other way to include the wigets like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for this great module!

Is it possible to place the like box as shown on this image?

well, it is possible, but in this case i have to check your website, is there any chance to share the url?

hello

still the same :( i see maintenance page only

ohhh i've noticed that i've got different IP address now, im so sorry

i sent you PM once again

okay

i've got it

you have to add styles:

position: absolute;
right: 20px;
top: 20px;

to main block of this module.

and don't forget to define width param in the back office (to 200px;)

effect:

cw9EJZP.png

• Like 1

Thanks again! Works like a charm!

I can offer you a Danish translation of the module if you are interested?

My way of saying thank you :)

ohh it will be great, you can send me danish translation to my mail: support@mypresta.eu

• 1 month later...

hi.

I installed in and its not working, means - I can c the "like" and the page logo, after press like the text changed to "u liked this". but when I check the site - no like action done, and when I refresh my site, the text is returned to "like".

hi.

I installed in and its not working, means - I can c the "like" and the page logo, after press like the text changed to "u liked this". but when I check the site - no like action done, and when I refresh my site, the text is returned to "like".

share url to your website i will inspect it please

We just installed the module to see if it would work for us but when we add  {$HOOK_FACEBOOK_LIKE} add to blocksocial.tpl we get an error message:

Notice: Undefined index: HOOK_FACEBOOK_LIKE in/home/thingsey/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/a3/2e/4b/a32e4b9786b4f49d315659951501c2e00c6abb98.file.blocksocial.tpl.phpon line 71

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in/home/thingsey/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/a3/2e/4b/a32e4b9786b4f49d315659951501c2e00c6abb98.file.blocksocial.tpl.phpon line 71

You can see this at footer http://www.thingseyelove.com/

Is it enough to add  {$HOOK_FACEBOOK_LIKE}  to a tpl file or are there other instructions (we couldn't find them) to use this? Or will the Like only show up in one specific place/block?

For now we have disabled the module and added to Facebook Like code manually to the header + blocksocial. It seems to work even though there is an error 

"Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id.

FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init(). "

We just installed the module to see if it would work for us but when we add  {$HOOK_FACEBOOK_LIKE} add to blocksocial.tpl we get an error message:

Notice: Undefined index: HOOK_FACEBOOK_LIKE in/home/thingsey/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/a3/2e/4b/a32e4b9786b4f49d315659951501c2e00c6abb98.file.blocksocial.tpl.phpon line 71

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in/home/thingsey/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/a3/2e/4b/a32e4b9786b4f49d315659951501c2e00c6abb98.file.blocksocial.tpl.phpon line 71

You can see this at footer http://www.thingseyelove.com/

Is it enough to add  {$HOOK_FACEBOOK_LIKE}  to a tpl file or are there other instructions (we couldn't find them) to use this? Or will the Like only show up in one specific place/block?

hello

prestashop doesn't work like that.

you can't add modules to any part of website by using {$HOOK_FACEBOOK_LIKE} code etc.

you have to use transplant feature in modules > positions tab in back office. there is no other way in prestashop to change module position.

For now we have disabled the module and added to Facebook Like code manually to the header + blocksocial. It seems to work even though there is an error 

"Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id.

FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init(). "

you need to create own facebook app, and then - use it in plugin configuration url.

• 3 weeks later...

Facebook has special rules regarding sites that are age restricted.  I would like to see those options integrated into Prestashop modules so that we can be sure that we are following Facebook's policies regarding that.  I do not want to put my Facebook page in jeopardy because I am not using proper apps on my site.  Thanks -James

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/opengraph/howtos/user-restrictions/

if you use age restriction, module like this one  (box with likebox) will not appear, moreover - it will not appear also for unlogged users (because facebook can't verify viewer age)