[SOLVED] cart always empty

Hi all,

Just want to share how to fix the problem with cart "Cart always empty" when check out or refresh page.

Try this one, remove "www" from your site name. in your back office go to:

(preferences --> SEO & URLs --> set shop url --> then remove "www" from your site name)

if you used "url rewriting" please deactive it first, then clear your cache, now try to make check out in your own shop. its 100% always work for me..!!

But honesty, i would prefer if my site using prefix "www" --> "www.stratolizer.com" than stratolizer.com

please let me know, if you have any experience solve this prefix problem.

Cheers..

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

how is this a solution, its a bandaid.  Is Prestashop going to review the issue and determine why a website would not be able to use their www domain?

who can even determine the solution, you have multiple posters that post on the original post...some say that solved it for me, you don't know what 'that' is....

if the topic is marked solved, and you have a similar problem and have followed the steps in the thread and it does not fix your problem, then open a new post.

I do not look at posts marked solved...with new posts...

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmmm

This didn't solve my issue:

Add the products to a cart – sign in. Then I sign out. I sign in again and the cart disappears.

That doesn’t seem right.

Also, maybe I am not doing this right but If I add a product to my cart, sign in and begin to checkout. I then log out but I decide to add another product to my cart, resign in - should Prestashop join the two carts together?

Hmmm

This didn't solve my issue:

Add the products to a cart – sign in. Then I sign out. I sign in again and the cart disappears.

That doesn’t seem right.

Also, maybe I am not doing this right but If I add a product to my cart, sign in and begin to checkout. I then log out but I decide to add another product to my cart, resign in - should Prestashop join the two carts together?

tip, it's best to open new topic especially when topic marked 'solved' and it does not work for you.. not many will look at it.

as for your question, there is a setting, see below, set to 'yes'

08.19.2014-16.03.png

http://screencast.com/t/Er2HpJKXmF8

Yeah, I had a funny feeling I would need to open a new topic. Save Forums space got the best of me.

I did enable redisplay cart on login - however, now it won't log out. 

?...won't log out?

sometimes when we develop a shop, at times we need clear our browser and cookie cache for that domain.  do this and retest.

as for funny feeling, follow those feelings. :)  dusting off a solved when you have similar issue will not get community review you deserve.

Clearing cookies and cache solved it on my browser.

One last thing, maybe I am not doing this right but If I add a product to my cart, sign in and begin to checkout. I then log out but I decide to add another product to my cart, resign in - should Prestashop join the two carts together?

Clearing cookies and cache solved it on my browser.

One last thing, maybe I am not doing this right but If I add a product to my cart, sign in and begin to checkout. I then log out but I decide to add another product to my cart, resign in - should Prestashop join the two carts together?

when you have the setting I mentioned above, this would be a true statement.