default template header image size change & background img

hi all.

just got prestashop installed and had a look round at the features. its a great system as it stands, but i would like to make a couple of changes to suit my shop.

i have used basic css before, and some php, but im not that familiar with the way that the layout and style have been implimented in prestashop, but i should be able to track down all the colors that i want to change, modules to add and position, and such with not much problem.

the problem is with the header. i wanr to put a diferent size and shape image in place of the default "yourlogohere" and posibly a background image across the whole header. i have tried uploading a larger logo.jpg image, but that just broke the layout, and when i went looking for the size definition of the grid cells in the header, i drew a blank. i did see references to a variable grid system, but have never used this before.

it is likely that i will want to change the footer as well, and i assume that the method for the header will apply here as well.

any assistance with this would be great.

many thanks for your time.

adrian.

hi all.

just got prestashop installed and had a look round at the features. its a great system as it stands, but i would like to make a couple of changes to suit my shop.

i have used basic css before, and some php, but im not that familiar with the way that the layout and style have been implimented in prestashop, but i should be able to track down all the colors that i want to change, modules to add and position, and such with not much problem.

the problem is with the header. i wanr to put a diferent size and shape image in place of the default "yourlogohere" and posibly a background image across the whole header. i have tried uploading a larger logo.jpg image, but that just broke the layout, and when i went looking for the size definition of the grid cells in the header, i drew a blank. i did see references to a variable grid system, but have never used this before.

it is likely that i will want to change the footer as well, and i assume that the method for the header will apply here as well.

any assistance with this would be great.

many thanks for your time.

adrian.

if you want to change sizes, background you must edit global.css file located in your theme directory