[FREE MODULE] minic slider for PS 1.5.+

minic studio

Hello all and thanks for this awesome module,

I wanted to know if it was possible to randomize the display of the products shown next to the slider?

Thanks in advance

edit: prestashop ver: 1.5.3.1

Edit: I found out how by modifying the code a little in promominicslider.php and single.tpl, but I still want to know if a more "proper" way exist ;)

Edited by Surataro (see edit history)

Hello.

i admin panel i see only English language, but in my shop there are total 3 languages (+ Latvian and Russian). So i can't add slides to another languages ...

pls help to fix this issue.

• Prestashop version: 1.5.4.1
  • Module version: 4.1.5

I have a question

I multistore and wants the same slides in all stores

How to do it?

You can try this : link

hi

I have a question ...

how do straight the corners image?

and navigation icons are not visible and no thumbs are not visible

1k8c1.png

Hi, those images are rounded, so you ahve to edit them. Navigation and thumb can be controlled from tha module options. (Check the correct hook positions can happen you removed from the header, the simpliest way is to reinstall)

Hello.

i admin panel i see only English language, but in my shop there are total 3 languages (+ Latvian and Russian). So i can't add slides to another languages ...

pls help to fix this issue.

• Prestashop version: 1.5.4.1
  • Module version: 4.1.5

Hi, there is an option "I need multilanguage" turn that ON and you should see all the languages.

Hi, those images are rounded, so you ahve to edit them. Navigation and thumb can be controlled from tha module options. (Check the correct hook positions can happen you removed from the header, the simpliest way is to reinstall

Nop

The image is not rounded. If u see my post the image are edited. The navigation and thrumb are enabled in the module options

Nop

The image is not rounded. If u see my post the image are edited. The navigation and thrumb are enabled in the module options

There is a little white corner which is the clue for the rounded images (if the silder is rounded than there shouldnt be those white corners).

Also could be that your theme contains some code which overwrite the default one.

Can you provide a link?

Hi. I wonder if you can help. I purchased a PS theme "Marine" today which has Minic slider included. I uploaded but when I tried to upload an image I got "error occurred while creating thumbnails". I have read earlier that this may be a bug with an earlier version so I downloaded the newer version 4.1.3 and uploaded this to the PS BO... the interface looks like a right mess with buttons either not showing or in the wrong place which surely cant be right (I did uninstall the previous version first). Anyway, when I try to upload an image with this it gives the error An error occurred during the image upload. Please check the upload directory permission in the module folder. The module appeared to install correctly ad I have tried installing as a zip and also manually but the result is the same.

I have set permissions to 777 recursively so cant do more than this.

Please can you advise if you have a solution for this as have reinstalled the new one twice and need this to work or I will have to contact prestashop about a refund. Any help would be appreciated. Best wishes

There is a little white corner which is the clue for the rounded images (if the silder is rounded than there shouldnt be those white corners). Also could be that your theme contains some code which overwrite the default one. Can you provide a link?

i used default theme

my site is localhost (momentary)

Edited by Ginno (see edit history)

Hi. I wonder if you can help. I purchased a PS theme "Marine" today which has Minic slider included. I uploaded but when I tried to upload an image I got "error occurred while creating thumbnails". I have read earlier that this may be a bug with an earlier version so I downloaded the newer version 4.1.3 and uploaded this to the PS BO... the interface looks like a right mess with buttons either not showing or in the wrong place which surely cant be right (I did uninstall the previous version first). Anyway, when I try to upload an image with this it gives the error An error occurred during the image upload. Please check the upload directory permission in the module folder. The module appeared to install correctly ad I have tried installing as a zip and also manually but the result is the same. I have set permissions to 777 recursively so cant do more than this. Please can you advise if you have a solution for this as have reinstalled the new one twice and need this to work or I will have to contact prestashop about a refund. Any help would be appreciated. Best wishes

What kind of server do you use (linux or windows)?

i used default theme my site is localhost (momentary)

Thats sad, i cant help you if i cant see the code ...

Hi Minic Studio, Its a Linux Server. I am getting the "An error occurred during the image upload. Please check the upload directory permission in the module folder" response when I am trying to add any images. PHP 5 is in place (latest)

Does this help at all? Many thanks in advance : Dom

Edited by wilfred11 (see edit history)

Hi guys,

Has anyone here ever had a problem with the slider whereby the following occurs:

A white block about 10px or so in height extends the entire width of the slider, but only the image area, not the shadow border?

Apparently, it may have something to do with margins as alluded to by the creator of this module, but that's all they said. I understand PrestaShop is all about doing it yourself, but some help at times is very appreciated when I am stuck and can't figure out how to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello

First thanks for this excelente module

But i have same little problems

1-When i use with

Control -the dots come out of the image (you can see in photo

2-When i use with

Prev/Next button:the images of slide grow a lot (and i want small like when i use with dots control)

Prestashop 1.4.9.0

Regards

post-583743-0-39820200-1371295046_thumb.jpg

Hi, first way thanks for this perfect module :) Secondly, I want to ask, if there´som solution to problem with hiding some parts of pages behind the minic slider?

You can see what i mean here: www.ciapkydede.sk

There´s web title Čiapky DeDe, but it´s hidden behind the minic slider, it´s not big problem, but it would be perfect if there´s some way to put it under the slider so everyone can see it :) thx for answers :)

Hello First thanks for this excelente module But i have same little problems 1-When i use with

Control -the dots come out of the image (you can see in photo

2-When i use with

Prev/Next button:the images of slide grow a lot (and i want small like when i use with dots control)

Prestashop 1.4.9.0

Regards

Can you provide a link to the site? It seems that your CSS makes the bad things.

Hi, first way thanks for this perfect module :) Secondly, I want to ask, if there´som solution to problem with hiding some parts of pages behind the minic slider? You can see what i mean here: www.ciapkydede.sk There´s web title Čiapky DeDe, but it´s hidden behind the minic slider, it´s not big problem, but it would be perfect if there´s some way to put it under the slider so everyone can see it :) thx for answers :)

Can you provide a link to the site? I think its a float problem, the slider isnt floated by default.

I'm having a problem when creating a new slide. I have installed the plugin in my prestashop (1.5.4.1), but when I go to modules, minicslider and I try to create a new slide, after writing the title, caption, url etc, I click on "Add slide" but then I get the following error:

An error occurred during the image upload. Please check the upload directory permission in the module folder.

I've checked the permissions and all the folders have 777.

¿any idea why I'm having that problem?

thank you!

Edited by actualweb (see edit history)

I'm having a problem when creating a new slide. I have installed the plugin in my prestashop (1.5.4.1), but when I go to modules, minicslider and I try to create a new slide, after writing the title, caption, url etc, I click on "Add slide" but then I get the following error:

An error occurred during the image upload. Please check the upload directory permission in the module folder.

¿any idea why I'm having that problem?

thank you!

Check this post: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/194690-free-module-minic-slider-for-ps-15/page__view__findpost__p__1252723

Hi i am currently having the same problem as Actualweb :

"I'm having a problem when creating a new slide. I have installed the plugin in my prestashop (1.5.4.1), but when I go to modules, minicslider and I try to create a new slide, after writing the title, caption, url etc, I click on "Add slide" but then I get the following error:

¿any idea why I'm having that problem?"

The minic slider don't show on front office anywhere, then I followed your advice and changed the two code lines on php, but it just made it worse and added a huuuuge slide image on the homepage, with nothing else around.

Can you please try to solve our problem ?

Hi i am currently having the same problem as Actualweb :

"I'm having a problem when creating a new slide. I have installed the plugin in my prestashop (1.5.4.1), but when I go to modules, minicslider and I try to create a new slide, after writing the title, caption, url etc, I click on "Add slide" but then I get the following error:

¿any idea why I'm having that problem?"

The minic slider don't show on front office anywhere, then I followed your advice and changed the two code lines on php, but it just made it worse and added a huuuuge slide image on the homepage, with nothing else around.

Can you please try to solve our problem ?

Can you provide a link to the site?

I had to get back to nivo slider in order to have the shop working, but I have a picture of the homepage with the problem, Im not very used to this forum so I don't know how to upload it, but if you have an email adress, i can send it to you. Thx a lot !!

I had to get back to nivo slider in order to have the shop working, but I have a picture of the homepage with the problem, Im not very used to this forum so I don't know how to upload it, but if you have an email adress, i can send it to you. Thx a lot !!

Not that hard to upload here. Did you tried the slider in the center column (Hook Home)?

Hi! i use minic slider old version 3.0.2 on prestashop 1.5.3.1 but it doesn't work when i switch English to Bahasa Indonesia :(

and now i have downloaded new version v4.1.5, how to reinstall new version on my prestashop???

sorry my english is very poor!

Edited by S4MD33 (see edit history)

Hi! i use minic slider old version 3.0.2 on prestashop 1.5.3.1 but it doesn't work when i switch English to Bahasa Indonesia :(

and now i have downloaded new version v4.1.5, how to reinstall new version on my prestashop???

sorry my english is very poor!

pasted from the first post ...

Update Instructions

The best if you uninstall the old module and delete all of its content, then upload the new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for the module. I noticed that the loading image doesn't show up during loading except when you are using a fixed width and height or if you set an height for the .theme-default .nivoSlider tag. The problem with doing this is that it affects the slide when set to responsive mode.

Thanks

Hello, first thanks for brilliant module!

But I have problem in my website. Settings, images- everything done, but doesn't appear any slides, I tried many time.

In header I'm using another slide show, and noticed that when I disabled another slide module- your working fine. So I think here is some conflict with another slide module.

How can I fix this problem?

Many thanks.

PS 1.5.4.1

Minic last version

Hello

I have a question. I upload a image which have transparent background but when u upload this image to module save with white background. How change that save in trasparent background ?

Sorry for my English

Hi

Thanks for the module. I noticed that the loading image doesn't show up during loading except when you are using a fixed width and height or if you set an height for the .theme-default .nivoSlider tag. The problem with doing this is that it affects the slide when set to responsive mode.

Thanks

Thanks, i`ll fix this somehow :)

Hello, first thanks for brilliant module!

But I have problem in my website. Settings, images- everything done, but doesn't appear any slides, I tried many time.

In header I'm using another slide show, and noticed that when I disabled another slide module- your working fine. So I think here is some conflict with another slide module.

How can I fix this problem?

Many thanks.

PS 1.5.4.1

Minic last version

Yes there is a conflict with another Nivo Slider you use.

Hello

I have a question. I upload a image which have transparent background but when u upload this image to module save with white background. How change that save in trasparent background ?

Sorry for my English

The slider uses the standard Prestashop image upload, which depend on the configuration do this white background. Nivo Slider cant use transparent PNG-s by the way, at least not the standard way . If you really want to use PNG-s and you dont know how to upload it i suggest you to overwrite the PNG-s in the upload directory, its located here: modules/minicslider/uploads/

But first try to play whith the configuration in prestashop image section.

sorry to insist but it's possible to add a youtube video or another video?

It's possible to put description below the picture?

Videos arent possible. And to move the description you need to know to code CSS whit this module.

Hello all,

I have today finally got this module to work after hours of struggling, however, I have a question regarding the shadow around the outside of the frame, how can I get rid of it. There seems to be no where within the css where it is set. Please can some one instruct me where I can find the settings for the shadow around the images.

Thank you very much

Mad

Hello all,

I have today finally got this module to work after hours of struggling, however, I have a question regarding the shadow around the outside of the frame, how can I get rid of it. There seems to be no where within the css where it is set. Please can some one instruct me where I can find the settings for the shadow around the images.

Thank you very much

Mad

Hi,

located here: /views/js/plugins/nivo-slider/nivo-slider.css line 130, 131, 132

comment it out or delete those rows

I am getting this is the error while uploading images on minicslider-v4.1.5.

I use prestashop 1.5.

& i have given all the rights to upload directory.

Its very annoying thing & doing r&d on it since 4 days.

No solution :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hi guys, I just found a error in your slider.

It doesn't work on prestashop that is created like a alias

but I found the error and fixed it.

you just have to replace code on line 391 and 392 in minicslider.php

$path = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].$this->_path.'/uploads/';
  $pathThumb = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].$this->_path.'/uploads/thumbs/';

by this

$path = _PS_MODULE_DIR_.'minicslider/uploads/';
  $pathThumb = _PS_MODULE_DIR_.'minicslider/uploads/thumbs/';

And then it works in alias

Many many many thanks XD damm happy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the great module.

Having an issue with uploading images on my particular installation. My store is installed on subdomain and I can only upload images if I go through the actual path of the subdomain vs using the subdomain. Has anyone reported this issue?

Use case:

www.mydomain/_sites/prestashop/adminxxxx - This works fine

shop.mydomain/adminxxxx - This always throws the following error:

"An error occurred during the image upload. Please check the upload directory permission in the module folder."

Having an issue with uploading images on my particular installation. My store is installed on subdomain and I can only upload images if I go through the actual path of the subdomain vs using the subdomain. Has anyone reported this issue?

Use case:

"An error occurred during the image upload. Please check the upload directory permission in the module folder."

Hi,

The soultion is 2 post away, above :) For some reason servers with aliases like yours handle differently the paths so thats why this happen. I would like to release a fixed version but i really dont have time in these days...

• Like 1

Use case:

have u tried the edit i mentioned above?

go to modules > positions, search for minic slider module and cick on edit button

then define exceptions. exceptions are the pages, where the module will not appear. put there CMS

• Like 1

I am getting this is the error while uploading images on minicslider-v4.1.5.

I use prestashop 1.5.

& i have given all the rights to upload directory.

Its very annoying thing & doing r&d on it since 4 days.

No solution :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Iam faceing the same problem, Iam using: PrestaShop 1.5.4.1

I have set the module permissions to 705. Still problem not solved.

But the image which i want to upload is sucesfully load in modules/minicslider/uploads

Still problem not solved.

Edited by Raj_Malhotra (see edit history)

Hi, I can't seem to get this slider to work at all. I have it installed it and I uploaded an image for a slide. However the image is not displaying on my homepage. All I have is the image name and alt tag showing up with a little error image. Here is the link to the site: http://www.fazex.co.uk/presta. I am using prestashop 1.5.4.1

I recd below mention error:

I got the same issue on my side and can't use the "bug report" button.

I recd below mention error:

Hi, I can't seem to get this slider to work at all. I have it installed it and I uploaded an image for a slide. However the image is not displaying on my homepage. All I have is the image name and alt tag showing up with a little error image. Here is the link to the site: http://www.fazex.co.uk/presta. I am using prestashop 1.5.4.1

I got the same issue on my side and can't use the "bug report" button.

Hi all! Until the next release the solution can be found here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/194690-free-module-minic-slider-for-ps-15/page__view__findpost__p__1252723

• Like 1

IT WORKED!!!! FOR ME

Thank You... Minic Studio

I replace code on line 391 and 392 in minicslider.php

$path = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].$this->_path.'/uploads/';

$pathThumb = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].$this->_path.'/uploads/thumbs/';

by this

$path = _PS_MODULE_DIR_.'minicslider/uploads/';

$pathThumb = _PS_MODULE_DIR_.'minicslider/uploads/thumbs/';

I have ps 1.5.4.1 and it's work good

Uninstall the module and check your ftp it's ok and install again

check in your ftp you are 755 access

install and configure it

An other question where to you attach the module? (hook)

It's sad we can't add youtube or html code in this module but it's the best

I don't find how configure height/width...

I have an other problem: slider cut my menu...and hide it

Edited by papich (see edit history)

I have ps 1.5.4.1 and it's work good

Uninstall the module and check your ftp it's ok and install again

check in your ftp you are 755 access

install and configure it

An other question where to you attach the module? (hook)

It's sad we can't add youtube or html code in this module but it's the best

I don't find how configure height/width...

I have an other problem: slider cut my menu...and hide it

The slider will be as large as the space where the slider is. If you have problem with your menu you have to edit your themes css and fix it.

Okay with the 755 access I can now see the slides. However the slides appear underneath each other and the names of the images are displayed underneath.

It seems you unhooked the slider from the header.

I don't think my slider is unhooked from the header. When I go to manage hooks it appears in Administration Panel Header, Pages Header and Top of Pages.

Can you provide a link to the site? Also check the permissions and that the js and css diles are loaded correctly.

it's a shame is missing this function otherwise very good Module

It's possible to add it?

Shame or not shame the nivo slider doesnt know to show video or html code. Also putting a video into a slider isnt a good idea ... a slider should attract attention and show less and relevant info, not videos (maybe a link to the video ?? ).

I would like to make a new slider module with more advanced features and much better solutions but i dont have time now, so its better if you buy a good one or make your own.

No 404 errors but with console log I have this :

[12:13:59,472] L'utilisation de l'attribut « specified » d'un attribut est obsolète. Cela renvoie toujours « true ». @ http://...com/js/jqu...-1.7.2.min.js:2

[12:13:59,481] L'utilisation de « getAttributeNode() » est obsolète. Utiliser « getAttribute() » à la place. @ http://...com/js/jqu...-1.7.2.min.js:2

--

I find an syntax error on admin.tpl : l.15 :

{ldelim}slides: $(this).sortable("serialize"){rdelim},

Edited by pikoo (see edit history)

it looks like back office without css styles

can you check browser console log? (in chrome: ctrl+shift+J)

you've got there 404 errors?

No 404 errors but with console log I have this :

[12:13:59,472] L'utilisation de l'attribut « specified » d'un attribut est obsolète. Cela renvoie toujours « true ». @ http://...com/js/jqu...-1.7.2.min.js:2

[12:13:59,481] L'utilisation de « getAttributeNode() » est obsolète. Utiliser « getAttribute() » à la place. @ http://...com/js/jqu...-1.7.2.min.js:2

--

I find an syntax error on admin.tpl : l.15 :

{ldelim}slides: $(this).sortable("serialize"){rdelim},

First off let me just say I just love this module. Seriously, I searched forever looking for a free module with animated image transitions and this IMO is the best. The backend is slick with the right amount of features. Once I figured out my hooks everything worked perfectly and still does 4 months later.

Only one question. Is there any way to remove the shadow box behind the image?

Thanks again.

why does my slider show up between my top-navigation menu and homepage content? I want it in my homepage section, but it appears above it. I already tried to reposition it.

how you tried to change the place of the module? if it doesnt work where you want try to transplant it under the modules > positions tab

Hi Vekia, yeah I tried to transplant it, I also even positioned it above homepage content using the liveedit/transplant, but for some reason it shows up in between the top nav and the category/homepage section. it doesnt fit snuggly in the middle like the 'default' prestashop slider sits.

Hi Vekia, yeah I tried to transplant it, I also even positioned it above homepage content using the liveedit/transplant, but for some reason it shows up in between the top nav and the category/homepage section. it doesnt fit snuggly in the middle like the 'default' prestashop slider sits.

Have you adjusted the actual slider width and height in the backend? I use a chrome plugin called "ruul" to measure the exact width and height (on screen) then adjusted my image to be the same, then adjusted minic slider width and height until it fit neatly in place.

canyongearanddrive.com

Edited by tekkon (see edit history)

First off let me just say I just love this module. Seriously, I searched forever looking for a free module with animated image transitions and this IMO is the best. The backend is slick with the right amount of features. Once I figured out my hooks everything worked perfectly and still does 4 months later.

Only one question. Is there any way to remove the shadow box behind the image?

Thanks again.

Hi,

You can removi it from CSS, just uncomment the following lines in this file:

modules/minicslider/views/js/plugins/nivo-slider/nivo-slider.css

line 130 - 132

-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 1px 5px 0px #4a4a4a;
   -moz-box-shadow: 0px 1px 5px 0px #4a4a4a;
   box-shadow: 0px 1px 5px 0px #4a4a4a;

The positioning doesnt work with the live edit, use the old manual way. If everything is hooked well than the problem will be some css code, without a link almost impossible to help, sorry.

• Like 1

Hello :)

I am using a new theme bioresponsive.... and I love it!

Can anyone tell me if I can fix the height of my minic slider images so that other content on the homepage does not move up and down?

I posted this in a new thread which I am guessing was a newbie mistake :(

Thank you

Sara

Bonjour, je suis sous presta 1.5.4.1 , j'ai installé et configuré ce module jusque là pas de souçi mais une fois que j'ai installé un deuxième module "MeNu MeGa DrOwN Evolution" j'ai remarké que je ne peux pas avoir les deux sur la même page , le slider est toujours là mais le menu disparait