Hello all,

module looks great from the demo, however I have not managed to get it working. I am using Presta 1.5.3.1, installed the module, set few test images, I have not changed the hooks from the default installation and i get nothing displaying. I have added 3 images, turned off the home image slider which is installed with the default theme and I get nothing. I have turned on error reporting and no errors. I am confused why i dont get anything showing in my front office. I have the default theme installed, only modificaton that i have made is that left column is off and i have set products to grid display. That is all, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions. I have read the whole topic aswell as all instructions. I have some experience with Presta.

Pete

• Like 1

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a free slider module for Prestashop v1.5+. Its really awesome and easy to use for everyone. In the configuration page everything is well explained so easy usage is guaranteed. If you have a

I found the bug. It is small bug but still ;-) So problem in template file modules\minicslider\views\templates\front\front.tpl In line 8 <div id="slider" class="nivoSlider" ..... all you need

gan ane dah liat www.pinkyshop.com nya this the solution     .theme-default .nivoSlider { background: url("http://www.pinkshopy.com/modules/minicslider/views/css/../../img/loading.gif") no-re

Posted Images

Hi Pete,

I have given read/write/execute access to the folder and all subfolders/files. That did the trick for me... If it doesn't work for you, it might be worth sending an email to the author of the module directly?

Hello all,

module looks great from the demo, however I have not managed to get it working. I am using Presta 1.5.3.1, installed the module, set few test images, I have not changed the hooks from the default installation and i get nothing displaying. I have added 3 images, turned off the home image slider which is installed with the default theme and I get nothing. I have turned on error reporting and no errors. I am confused why i dont get anything showing in my front office. I have the default theme installed, only modificaton that i have made is that left column is off and i have set products to grid display. That is all, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions. I have read the whole topic aswell as all instructions. I have some experience with Presta.

Pete

Hi,

The modules should use the right permissions, because sets that after the image creation. Could be but I think the problem isnt this. You can check this if you type the path to the images manually, for example: yourdomain.com/prestashop_folder/modules/minicslider/uplads/image_name.jpg

If you can see the image than the permissions are fine, and you should check the code of the site to see if the slider is there. Also dont forget to check if the CSS and JS files are hooked in the header. If everything is fine than something goes wrong in the tpl of the slider, or the data was saved badly into the database.

Hi people.

I really hope that someone can give some urgent help.

I have retraced my steps several times, tried all the options mentioned here

but cannot get ANYTHING to show up on any page.

Currently at http://quedetalles.es the module is hooked into the header and home positions.

I am using 1.5.3 with the Alysum template.

The block appears in Live Edit mode so something is just not loading...

HEEEELP!!! :wacko:

many thanks, Mike

Hi people.

I really hope that someone can give some urgent help.

I have retraced my steps several times, tried all the options mentioned here

but cannot get ANYTHING to show up on any page.

Currently at http://quedetalles.es the module is hooked into the header and home positions.

I am using 1.5.3 with the Alysum template.

The block appears in Live Edit mode so something is just not loading...

HEEEELP!!! :wacko:

many thanks, Mike

Hi,

Can you put the site online so i can check it? Also you should start with the prestashop debug (this informs you if something is wrong) and check the server errol logs. Also you can check the images permissions.

I HAVE THIS PROBLEM.. I SET THE IMAGES AND EVERYTHING BUT WHEN THE IMAGE CHANGES THE PREVIOUS OWN IS BEING SHOWN IN SMALLER WIDTH!!

FIXED!!

.theme-default .nivoSlider img {

position:absolute;

top:0px;

left:0px;

display:none;

width: 980px <-- THIS IS THE NEW LINE AND EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT!!

}

Edited by Λόχος Ορεινών Καταδρομών (see edit history)

Hi, can you provide a link to the site?

Thanks. I have solved the problem. IE needs some "background" for tag <a></a> in such cases. Just transparent image. But without it link doesn't work in IE.

It's normal as long as you have configured the slides to be different fro every language..!!

Greece in the service of humanity. Humanity in the service of annihilation of Greece.

My e-shop || mallofmylopotamos@gmail.com || travelling all over the world

Solved...

Thank you...

add new image and select languange...

can i put this moduel in top og first page.? look my pic

yes you can do that...

hook to top and header & edit .css

Edited by ardawibowo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

hi im working on presta 1.5.3.1 and i want to report that there is a bug in .css stylesheet #list_slide .languages which causes that in minic slider configuration slides list desn't appear. i fixed this by removing min-height: 1px parameter.

i found that it happens only when there is more than one language enabled in language panel for e.g english and polish.

Edited by akmmedia (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Where can I change de number of products to show in promo_section? . I have several featured products and i want show more than 4 products in the module.

I’ve change {if $smarty.foreach.specProducts.index < 10} in single.tpl and doesnt work.

Thanks!

hello

i have installed it but it wont appear in the front office.

In top of pages its above and other hooks too above.

in the live edit, its on the top (see picture)

and i have set the height and with in the module.

What do i wrong?

post-402178-0-17013900-1363900984_thumb.png

hi,

i saw the demo and i was sold immediatly! but now i run into a problem...

i have installed it and everything went fine, did some option configuration and then i wanted to add a slide but it says: "An error occurred while creating thumbnails."

the folder is already set to 777 as i saw in other reply's in this thread but it did not fix it for me unfortunetly so maybe there is some other problem? i don't know but i sure do want this slider on my website!

thanks in advance

Hi

i have a problem. the newest (3.0.2) modul doesn't work properly in firefox.. please, can you help me??

gan ane dah liat www.pinkyshop.com nya

this the solution

.theme-default .nivoSlider {

background: url("http://www.pinkshopy.com/modules/minicslider/views/css/../../img/loading.gif") no-repeat scroll 50% 50% #FFFFFF;

box-shadow: 0 1px 5px 0 #4A4A4A;

display: inline-block;

margin: 0 auto 10px;

position: relative;

}

replace to this css

Edited by ardawibowo (see edit history)
  • Like 2

hi,

i saw the demo and i was sold immediatly! but now i run into a problem...

i have installed it and everything went fine, did some option configuration and then i wanted to add a slide but it says: "An error occurred while creating thumbnails."

the folder is already set to 777 as i saw in other reply's in this thread but it did not fix it for me unfortunetly so maybe there is some other problem? i don't know but i sure do want this slider on my website!

thanks in advance

- check your Mysql version.. update to latest version

hi, i saw the demo and i was sold immediatly! but now i run into a problem... i have installed it and everything went fine, did some option configuration and then i wanted to add a slide but it says: "An error occurred while creating thumbnails." the folder is already set to 777 as i saw in other reply's in this thread but it did not fix it for me unfortunetly so maybe there is some other problem? i don't know but i sure do want this slider on my website! thanks in advance

Hi,

This is a bug because of the bad code which handles the uploads, but an update/solution is ready based on the minic slider pro, i`ll release this update as soon as i have time to implement it.

• Like 1

hello

i have installed it but it wont appear in the front office.

In top of pages its above and other hooks too above.

in the live edit, its on the top (see picture)

and i have set the height and with in the module.

What do i wrong?

Hi,

Reset the module and move the slider into the home page hook (but without the live edit) from the top of pages hook. Live edit isnt working well because of the nivo slider plugin.

Where can I change de number of products to show in promo_section? . I have several featured products and i want show more than 4 products in the module.

I’ve change {if $smarty.foreach.specProducts.index < 10} in single.tpl and doesnt work.

Thanks!

Hi,

I think you chosen a wrong topic...

Hi,

This is a bug because of the bad code which handles the uploads, but an update/solution is ready based on the minic slider pro, i`ll release this update as soon as i have time to implement it.

thank you for the fast answer, and I will be waiting then on the update to this slider. Offcourse i know that you need the time to implement it but do you have any estimate on how long it can take before the new version is released? This is because my website needs to go live monday and all it's missing is a nice slider so... that's why i am asking, but thank you anyways for the quikc and good response!

Hello, and thank you so much for the slider and the support !

I installed it and it works like a charm... Only problem is that it takes so long to appear:

http://sportandtrips.gcfj3.fr/index.php

It takes like 10 minutes with firefox and well 20 seconds with google chrome.

On my cell phone it appears right away. i tried with very good internet connexion so i do not think this is just because of the size of the picture.

I would really appreciate it if you can help me on making the slideshow appear in the same time as the rest of the components.

Thanks !

Br,

Bap

Hello, and thank you so much for the slider and the support !

I installed it and it works like a charm... Only problem is that it takes so long to appear:

http://sportandtrips...j3.fr/index.php

It takes like 10 minutes with firefox and well 20 seconds with google chrome.

On my cell phone it appears right away. i tried with very good internet connexion so i do not think this is just because of the size of the picture.

I would really appreciate it if you can help me on making the slideshow appear in the same time as the rest of the components.

Thanks !

Br,

Bap

Hi, checked as well and worked well for me

Just wanted to drop by and say a couple of things:

First, this slider is AWESOME. Responsive, nice selection of effects, easy to set up, brilliant!! Works great in 1.5.3.1. :)

There were three steps I discovered by accident (which after reading this whole thread I see have been mentioned over several different comments), but I'd like to sum them up here. Just as a humble suggestion Minic, you might want to put this info in a readme file or as text on the options page somewhere (I'm just thinking that it might save you a lot of FAQ).

1.) If you want it to display on the home page main column, transplant it to the Homepage Content (displayHome) hook and then remove it from the Top of Pages (displayTop) hook. Don't remove it from the Header of Pages (displayHeader) hook regardless where you might want to put it, or else the module will not work properly.

2.) Make your images to fit the space you want them to display in. Example: if you have a 2-column layout and want the pics to stretch across the main column, they need to be 737px (x400px). Make all of your images the same size. Then:

3.) In the module options, don't specify the "slider width" and "slider height" if you want the slider to be responsive. If you do, you're telling it to stay that size no matter how big or small the screen is, and it won't respond.

Thank you Minic Studio - this is a fabulous add-on!

Edited by artofadornment (see edit history)
  • Like 1

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module Tools:

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h03/mnt/120483/domains/ricambibimbyonline.com/html/modules/minicslider/translations/it.php:8)

This is my problem

minic studio merci bien pour ce module j'ai bien le bien installer dans ma boutique en local ms lorsque j'essaie de l'installer dans ma boutique en ligne via le back office je reçoit [PrestaShop] Fatal error in module fr:

syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE comme message d'erreur merci de me réponde :)

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module Tools:

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h03/mnt/120483/domains/ricambibimbyonline.com/html/modules/minicslider/translations/it.php:8)

This is my problem

Delete the files inside the translations directory.

hi.The slider is not working.css and script uploading but tpl file are not.http://aes-center.ru

:unsure:

Sorry but i dont understand what is your problem.

minic studio merci bien pour ce module j'ai bien le bien installer dans ma boutique en local ms lorsque j'essaie de l'installer dans ma boutique en ligne via le back office je reçoit [PrestaShop] Fatal error in module fr:

syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE comme message d'erreur merci de me réponde :)

This is an English forum...

Hello,

I've ranned to the error.

It seems that the module is not embeding the script, css etc.

I've change the position to be displayed in Homepage content and this happened.

When I leave it by default (witch is bad for me) the slider works fine.

Any solution?

http://www.growmundocannabico.com/es/

Edited by turdi (see edit history)

Hello,

I've ranned to the error.

It seems that the module is not embeding the script, css etc.

I've change the position to be displayed in Homepage content and this happened.

When I leave it by default (witch is bad for me) the slider works fine.

Any solution?

http://www.growmundocannabico.com/es/

Do not remove from the header hook! By default the slider hooks itself into the header of pages and top of pages hooks. If you want to move into the center column than remove from the top hook and transplant into the center column, but DO NOT REMOVE from the header of pages, the files appear there.

hey thank you for the new version but now i have a different problem

i attached the screenshots below but the case is that it uploads the images fine to the uploads folder but gives an error talking about my upload directory of the module... and the slides are not made because of this error... i changed it to 777 for the whole module folder including the upload folder but it didn't work for me... but it does upload the images but it the thumbs folder is empty... i did nothing with the options so it is completely stock

hopefully you can help me with this new problem...

i am running 1.5.3.1 and minic slider version 4.0.0

thanks in advance

post-453469-0-66392100-1364406890_thumb.pngpost-453469-0-29880900-1364406891_thumb.png

i attached the screenshots below but the case is that it uploads the images fine to the uploads folder but gives an error talking about my upload directory of the module... and the slides are not made because of this error... i changed it to 777 for the whole module folder including the upload folder but it didn't work for me... but it does upload the images but it the thumbs folder is empty... i did nothing with the options so it is completely stock

thanks in advance

post-453469-0-66392100-1364406890_thumb.pngpost-453469-0-29880900-1364406891_thumb.png

I have the same problem i just upgraded from 1.5.3.1 to 1.5.4.0 and then just downloaded the new minic slider version 4.0.0 i also am a super noob i just created a presta shop last week and installed a theme a coupel days ago so i don't know whats what, i don't even know what the upload folder is.... and i don't even know how to activate it on the home screen...

Edited by RevolutionOne (see edit history)

thanks in advance

Hi, can you edit the minicslider.php and change the 446 line?

From this:

if(!ImageManager::resize($path.$name, $pathThumb.$name, (int)$imgWidth, (int)$imgHeight)){

To this:

if(!ImageManager::resize($path.$name, dirname(__FILE__).'/uploads/thumbs/'.$name, (int)$imgWidth, (int)$imgHeight)){

Please let me know if this resolves your problem.

PS 1.5.3.1, yes uninstaled and then instaled the new one.

But I have configured the version 3 and for me works well the old one

Sorry but without details i cant help you ... Check your server error logs, try another prestashop (fresh install) or use the older version if that worked.

Hi, can you edit the minicslider.php and change the 446 line?

From this:

if(!ImageManager::resize($path.$name, $pathThumb.$name, (int)$imgWidth, (int)$imgHeight)){

To this:

if(!ImageManager::resize($path.$name, dirname(__FILE__).'/uploads/thumbs/'.$name, (int)$imgWidth, (int)$imgHeight)){

Please let me know if this resolves your problem.

I will try as soon as I am home which is in approximately 9 hours from now so...

but as always thank you for the quick reply and I will report back as soon as I tried this!

so i had the time now and i found a module which lets me edit files through the backoffice so I tried your solution but with no luck unfortunately... still gives the same error and still does the exact same thing with the images being uploaded to uploads dir but not to thumbs dir...

Edited by Fadyselim (see edit history)

Don´t worry, the old version works fine for me.

But I ran into other problem, I've added levels to my categories and mimic slider is on top of them. How can I fix it??

CSS z-index features doesn't do the trick...

No wories, fixed it with z-index negative value.

Thanks,

Edited by turdi (see edit history)

Well i am currently not able to test it for you but you have to make everything float left in css, if you do that then everything should be fixed

if you already fixed it then this solution is not needed i guess :P

Multilanguage(4.0.0) seems not to work in Presta 1.5.4 version. I have three languages english, finnish and french. All slices moves automatically under English link in admin no matter to which language they are targeted. And in shop frontpage they only appear in finnish page which is default language.

Multilanguage(4.0.0) seems not to work in Presta 1.5.4 version. I have three languages english, finnish and french. All slices moves automatically under English link in admin no matter to which language they are targeted. And in shop frontpage they only appear in finnish page which is default language.

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site and a backend access? On my server (tested on 2) everything is working fine.

okay never mind, i fixed it myself...

there is a bit of buggy code in minicslider.php

to fix this, you need to replace all instances of this

$path = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].$this->_path.'/uploads/';
  $pathThumb = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].$this->_path.'/uploads/thumbs/';

with this

$path = '../modules/minicslider/uploads/';
  $pathThumb = '../modules/minicslider/uploads/thumbs/';

now everything works fine as it should...

but does your module also automatically resize any image it uploads for use in the slider? (not the thumb)

and how do I change the color of the navigation arrows inside the slider?

with this

but does your module also automatically resize any image it uploads for use in the slider? (not the thumb)

Hi,

Can you provide some information about your fix? What kind of server do u use (linux? windows? apache version?) and what version of php?

And no, the slider doesnt resize the images, i think its more usable if the user has the ability to play with this. But due to the nivo slider its recommended to use images with same size, unless you want to make some fancy / unique stuff.

By the way i`m asking the fix details because there is a bug with the is_dir / file_exists functions on windows based servers so can happen that your solution isnt good in all cases.

Thank you that worked. How can I get the images from compressing top and bottom when they change?

Hi,

What do you mean by

compressing top and bottom

Hi,

Can you provide some information about your fix? What kind of server do u use (linux? windows? apache version?) and what version of php?

And no, the slider doesnt resize the images, i think its more usable if the user has the ability to play with this. But due to the nivo slider its recommended to use images with same size, unless you want to make some fancy / unique stuff.

By the way i`m asking the fix details because there is a bug with the is_dir / file_exists functions on windows based servers so can happen that your solution isnt good in all cases.

Hi,

What do you mean by

Here is a link to my test so you can see what I mean.http://leoswoodcrafts.com/test/index.php

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site and a backend access? On my server (tested on 2) everything is working fine.

Maybe its related to bug when modules translations don't show up in admin? http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-8559 (only translations in modules in theme folders can be seen)

I can send you backend access by email

Edited by weaver (see edit history)

Hi,

Hi,

What do you mean by

i seriously have no clue of what my webserver provider is using... could be either though my best guess would be linux because those systems are better for website hosting and all that sort of stuff but i cannot tell for sure... sorry

ok so i did a fresh install of presta shop now on the newest version. i am now on 4.0 on minic slider. i get this message now when i try to add an image "An error occurred during the image upload. Please check the upload directory permission in the module folder."

Ok i am very very very very very new to presta shop a first time noob, i just jumped into it with no experience in web design or html no nothing. i am utterly useless. So how do fix my problem? and also i don't know how to edit permissions or databases, i don't know about mysql and all that stuff so please be patient with me. i'm a slow learner, an idiot for now..... but i really want to make this work!

ok so i did a fresh install of presta shop now on the newest version. i am now on 4.0 on minic slider. i get this message now when i try to add an image "An error occurred during the image upload. Please check the upload directory permission in the module folder."

Ok i am very very very very very new to presta shop a first time noob, i just jumped into it with no experience in web design or html no nothing. i am utterly useless. So how do fix my problem? and also i don't know how to edit permissions or databases, i don't know about mysql and all that stuff so please be patient with me. i'm a slow learner, an idiot for now..... but i really want to make this work!

Hi

Probably you will find patient people here to guide you in the right direction, i have no time to help you this kind of questions. Also the google is your friend like this forum, feel free to search about the problems you face.

To resolve this problem first check if the uploads (and inside this the thumbs) folder are exists in the minicslider folder, if not then create them. If exists than check the permissions.

If still not working then probably you have this problem, in this case can you tell me what kind of server do you use? (linux based or windows based?)

with this

Hi

Probably you will find patient people here to guide you in the right direction, i have no time to help you this kind of questions. Also the google is your friend like this forum, feel free to search about the problems you face.

To resolve this problem first check if the uploads (and inside this the thumbs) folder are exists in the minicslider folder, if not then create them. If exists than check the permissions.

If still not working then probably you have this problem, in this case can you tell me what kind of server do you use? (linux based or windows based?)

i apologize....ahem, i ummmmm.... i don't know where to locate the uploads folder to get to the the minicslider folder..... :huh: but i am using a windows pc... windows 8 to be exact. is all this located within the presta shop. or is it on my host provider...?

i apologize....ahem, i ummmmm.... i don't know where to locate the uploads folder to get to the the minicslider folder..... :huh: but i am using a windows pc... windows 8 to be exact. is all this located within the presta shop. or is it on my host provider...?

the prestashop folder/installation can be found on the webserver on which your website is hosted.

to acces the modules folder, go to the root of prestashop. then go to modules -> minicslider -> uploads

check if everything is set to 755, if so then try my solution in where you have to edit the 2 lines of codes 2 times in the ¨minicslider.php¨ file.

to do this, google is your friend mate as everything can be found on the web.

if there is no way for you to access your files through ftp or your hosting provider then there is a free module that let's you access your files through the backoffice. it is listed in the pinned topic in this forum section and it works very well. I am using it myself so...

good luck mate and i hope this is enough information for you

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF THE FILES YOU ARE EDITING SO THAT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG, YOU CAN ALWAYS FALL BACK ON THE BACKUP!

Recently moved to the latest (1.5.4) version and downloaded 4.0 of your F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C-O module.. version 3.0.2 doesn't work at all and if you install 4 over 3.0.2 it shows up but hides the cart and login blocks.. I made a fresh install of your module after some instruction to another user and everything works fine!! Thank you so much!

Hello everyone i would to use this module but my another modules are not allow it.

i have tm banner block,when i would to use this minic slider,tm banner standing up,i couldnt fix the position

if i disable that tm banner minic slider is position being at top of pages

another problem is minic slider is closer to my menu bar(you can see at attachment)

somebody could help me for this?

post-483999-0-18571900-1365355480_thumb.jpg

Edited by worldbazaar (see edit history)

hello

thank you for the module

I install your module but can not be added to the header of the page below my menu

you can see the home of my site www.galerie-shopping.fr

Can you help me?

Yes there is a huge space because your #wrapperheader has a height of 530px. You can uncomment this in the global.css line 48, or better if you add a new line below this

#index #wrapperheader{
 height: auto;
}

Do not forget to check the inner pages of the site, can happen that this affect the layout of those pages.

Hello everyone i would to use this module but my another modules are not allow it.

i have tm banner block,when i would to use this minic slider,tm banner standing up,i couldnt fix the position

if i disable that tm banner minic slider is position being at top of pages

another problem is minic slider is closer to my menu bar(you can see at attachment)

somebody could help me for this?

You should add a margin for the menu bar from CSS.

Thanks for such a great module.

This has probably been asked for already but it would be great to have the facility to setup multiple sliders instead of just 1. A few people have asked me about having a slideshow in their category pages with different slides in each category slideshow.

Is there a way of achieving this in Minic?

This has probably been asked for already but it would be great to have the facility to setup multiple sliders instead of just 1. A few people have asked me about having a slideshow in their category pages with different slides in each category slideshow.

this is actually a really good question and I am also very much interested in this option.

it would be great if this could really be possible

No, currently there are no way to do this.

this is actually a really good question and I am also very much interested in this option.

it would be great if this could really be possible

Yes, this was also a topic here in our office, but we decided against this option in this free version. There is a pro version from the module but either that isnt know this yet, not sure if is there a need for this.

Yes, this was also a topic here in our office, but we decided against this option in this free version. There is a pro version from the module but either that isnt know this yet, not sure if is there a need for this.

There are several paid slider modules that have this feature. If this feature was included a Pro version of the minic module I would happily pay for it.

CSS is a coding language, you have to edit one of your CSS files and add some code.

yes bro i know it but which css? in module or index?

Hello , thanks for your excelent module.

After upgrading to PS 1.5.4 , and clean installation of minic slider 4.0, the slider is no more "responsive" at my home page. Any suggestions?

yes bro i know it but which css? in module or index?

Doesnt matter. I say you should put into a relevant CSS file, for example if you want to add a margin for the menu than you should search for the menu CSS file and put it there.

Hello , thanks for your excelent module.

After upgrading to PS 1.5.4 , and clean installation of minic slider 4.0, the slider is no more "responsive" at my home page. Any suggestions?

Can you provide a link?

i have this error "Nessun modello trovato per il modulo minicslider" that translated is "No template found for module minicslider"

Thats mean prestashop cant find the module files, do you copied all of the files into the module folder?

i couldnt find a way for do it.could you do this for me if i provide ftp informations?

Sorry, but i cant.