Customization Fields - Wants Dropdown

My products are custom embroidery on items like t-shirts and bags. I have a customizable text field for the customer to type in the text that they want embroidered, but I need a dropdown box to select thread color and font-style.

I can accomplish this with attributes, but using the product configurator, I end up with hundreds upon hundreds of possible combination. These custom editions aren't something that would affect inventoried products and the custom fields are the best option.

I do have some coding experience. I do feel confident that I could hack something up, but I can't find where in the source code I need to start working as all the text is based in localization tables. I'm totally clueless.

Does anyone have any better suggestions?

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

My products are custom embroidery on items like t-shirts and bags. I have a customizable text field for the customer to type in the text that they want embroidered, but I need a dropdown box to select thread color and font-style.

I can accomplish this with attributes, but using the product configurator, I end up with hundreds upon hundreds of possible combination. These custom editions aren't something that would affect inventoried products and the custom fields are the best option.

I do have some coding experience. I do feel confident that I could hack something up, but I can't find where in the source code I need to start working as all the text is based in localization tables. I'm totally clueless.

Does anyone have any better suggestions?

did you find an answer to this question? I am facing the same sort of problem. thanks

• Like 1

• 1 year later...