Is There a US version of EBay?

Xander199

• 2 months later...

I found an email regarding the USA Version -

----------------------- Start--------------------

Hi Vinnie,

I hope you are doing well. Thank you for your message and for choosing PrestaShop.

So far PrestaShop is providing the instructions in Italian and French for this module. However, a new version of the module will be available in the next coming days/weeks (currently being tested by eBay).

In the meantime, I suggest that you use Google translate to translate the file "help-fr.html" available in the module.

1. Download the module here:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/modules-prestashop/2742-module-ebay.html

2. Open the zip file, and go to the "help" folder.

3. Open help-fr.html in your web-browser and copy/paste it in Google translate

If you need any additional help with this module, please feel free to get back to me.

Regards,

Bruno

-----------------------------------------END------------------------------------

Vinnie

www.ANVES.COM

A NEW VISION ECOMMERCE SOLUTIONS

A Premier Hosting Company

• 4 weeks later...

When will the eBay module by Prestashop be updated to work with eBay.com? I downloaded and successfully installed the eBay module in back office of my online store but I received a warning it only works for ebay.fr and ebay.it

I was really looking forward to using the eBay module built by Prestashop to export my products to eBay.com :( This is a real big disappointment I was intending to switch another one of my sites from Magento to Prestashop. :(

Edited by GoGoMo (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I came from Magento...and I am really starting to loathe Prestashop. Everything costs an arm and a leg and who leaves the US out on something as big as ebay? French company or not, the US market is way huger and it really sucks that we are left out of everything.

Plus, after installing the module is when it tells you its only available in .fr and .it .

Serioulsy prestashop and addons, get yourself together this is ridiculous. I can't even open my store becuase of all the damn limitations. Can you tell I am frustrated to death?

Mustluvpets you say you came from Magenta, why the switch to Presta Shop?

I am looking at Magenta to see if it would fit better for me and my clients - Its sad that a simple thing like an Ebay Mod can't be done for PS a few years ago, but it is a complaint with my customers right now.

Hey there!

I used Magento at a different company. I decided to open my own store and Prestashop was HIGHLY recommended. I did research too and PS seemed to be rated highly. What they don't tell you is that if you are in the US you are limited and all of the addons really ADD UP. I figured it'll cost just under $1,000 in a few basic addons just to get some orders coming in.

Magento was SO easy when importing products. Their combinations were easy too, you do all of your SKUs and combos on one sheet, and you didn't have to worry about products being duplicated if you are trying to Mass Edit via CSV. Also, you can export your products which I cannot even fathom why it wsan't even a thought with Prestashop.

The one thing keeping me away from Magento and Shopify are the subscriptions. They don't allow many skus. I have just under 10,000 skus. I can't pay the $130/mo subscription (yet) as I can't even get my store open on PS, that is the one good thing about PS.

Your magento install will include a place for adwords, google merchant and ebay....not having to pay $200 for each. Their addons are also more inexpensive than PS ones and you don't run into obstacles like this whol eEbay Debacle...why is it even taking this long when they new and researched since 2011 to make one for the US?

Last night I started researching other carts, but the strange thing is the others must be absolutely horrible because PS was rated pretty highly, I just dont understand how.

Mustluvpets: I converted my online stores from Magento to Prestashop, so the cost of extending Magento's standard cart features would be more expensive then compared to some the PS extensions sold through Prestashop Add-ons or on module developer's website. Beside there's not the difficult learning curve of needing to have Restful API, SOAP API along with Zen Studio knowledge just to build a Magento extension compared to Prestashop module. Involic has a Export and Import eBay module found here. As you know some Prestashop modules developed by Prestashop are not guaranteed to work right out the box how you may need them to in your custom Prestashop theme.

Just so you know, I am in no way affiliated with Prestashop! :)

As I am starting to calm down from my frustration I am finding ways around things until I can afford some of these add ons. I dont know, I still found Magento to be easy to use for the most part. I taught myself how to use it for the store I was working at and liked almost everything about it, especially having customer service. But like you said..even a Mag subscription rigfht off the bat would be costly..I understand, I am just frustrated that I feel like I am at a dead end.

As I am starting to calm down from my frustration I am finding ways around things until I can afford some of these add ons. I dont know, I still found Magento to be easy to use for the most part. I taught myself how to use it for the store I was working at and liked almost everything about it, especially having customer service. But like you said..even a Mag subscription rigfht off the bat would be costly..I understand, I am just frustrated that I feel like I am at a dead end.

Yeah I agree the way the Catalog and Products are set up in Prestashop back office does take time getting accustom too. If you were working on Magento Enterprise site then you would be accustom to having Magento's customer service but Magento does not offer much customer service or let alone help in their forum community for their community edition cart. Which Prestashop modules are you interested in? Maybe I can help point you to free Prestashop modules or other alternative PS modules that perform the same function that you're after.

Hey thank you for the offer! Basically, for me the biggest things would be mass/quick editing. I have thousands of products that for some reason never associated to categories so I need to be able to go down the list and assign for hours ha. And then make some other edits the same way.

Then of course there is ebay and google merchant and other price comparison sites. The only module i found is "free" for 30 days and then subscription based I think? They don't exactly tell you.

• 1 month later...