Categories Block Footer - Reduce links shown

kitsuperstore

I have a lot of categories in my shop (version 1.4.9) and the categories block footer is showing all of my categories and makes the footer look horrible.

Does anyone know how I can control the number of categories shown in the footer? Or if I could make it two columns that would even be better. All I have found is how to remove that block from the footer but I still would like to have footer links to my best categories.

Thanks!

-Travis

Edited by kitsuperstore (see edit history)

I have a lot of categories in my shop (version 1.4.9) and the categories block footer is showing all of my categories and makes the footer look horrible.

Does anyone know how I can control the number of categories shown in the footer? Or if I could make it two columns that would even be better. All I have found is how to remove that block from the footer but I still would like to have footer links to my best categories.

Thanks!

-Travis

to remove this block you must do it in prestashop BO. Go to modules section, then go to transplant modules feature. Now you can delete categories from footer.

you haven't got default theme, right?

Thanks for your suggestion. Yeah I see how to remove the block but I actually want the block there. I just need to control the number of category links it will show so my footer block isn't huge. Or if I could make the categories in the footer in columns?

which template you use and this is default block categories module or ... ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If your categories are not changing (too often), why not comment out/delete the contents of /modules/blockcategories/blockcategories_footer.tpl (N.B. Override first to /themes/<your theme folder>/modules/blockcategories/blockcategories_footer.tpl, of course) and put your own <li> items in here? Simple, but effective.

Don't have to hook anything new, as we just (mis)use blockcategories, and full freedom what item you want in there, with fixed links to the right category pages

My 2 cents,

Pascal

(N.B. Above works for 1.5. Saw that free template footer looks very similar to 1.5 footer, so I assumed that free template is built up similar to 1.5 footer. Haven't looked at that one though. Is there a blockcategories_footer in that template??

Edited by PascalVG (see edit history)

Thanks for your replies!

@Shazmin - i tried that and it didn't work. it also says cache should always be on.

@PascalVG - do you know where in the code I can change this? i am in that file now looking and not sure what to edit there. here is the code in modules/blockcategories/blockcategories_footer.tpl

<!-- Block categories module -->

<div class="blockcategories_footer">

<h4>{l s='Categories' mod='blockcategories'}</h4>

<div class="category_footer" style="float:left;clear:none;width:{$widthColumn}%">

<div style="float:left" class="list">

<ul class="tree {if $isDhtml}dhtml{/if}">

{foreach from=$blockCategTree.children item=child name=blockCategTree}

{if $smarty.foreach.blockCategTree.last}

{include file="$branche_tpl_path" node=$child last='true'}

{else}

{include file="$branche_tpl_path" node=$child}

{/if}

{if ($smarty.foreach.blockCategTree.iteration mod $numberColumn) == 0 AND !$smarty.foreach.blockCategTree.last}

</ul>

</div>

</div>

<div class="category_footer" style="float:left;clear:none;width:{$widthColumn}%">

{/if}

{/foreach}

</ul>

</div>

</div>

<br class="clear"/>

</div>

<!-- /Block categories module -->

Maybe something like this?

<!-- Block categories module -->

<div class="blockcategories_footer">

<p class="title_block">{l s='Categories' mod='blockcategories'}</p>

<li class="category_footer" ><a href="/index.php?id_category=3&controller=category" >

{l s='iPods' mod='blockcategories'}</a></li>

<li class="category_footer" ><a href="/index.php?id_category=4&controller=category" >

{l s='Accessories' mod='blockcategories'}</a></li>

<li class="category_footer" ><a href="/index.php?id_category=5&controller=category" >

{l s='Laptops' mod='blockcategories'}</a></li>

// if more categories needed to be displayed, just copy another <li>...</li> item as above and change link and string

</ul>

</div>

</div>

<br class="clear"/>

</div>

<!-- /Block categories module -->

Change the red strings in your own links to the wanted categories and the blue strings in their names you want to display.

Hope this helps,

Pascal

Edited by PascalVG (see edit history)
  • Like 1