Should make the forums to where non-prestashop users can't download

clayton29657

Question

I know this might be hard to do but I think somehow this needs to be implemented. I have saw people steal themes then try to sell them on other sites the guy was banned from forums now I think he's back in.

It's pathetic that people have to steal themes and modules then sell them when they have no right at all to do so. It DOESN'T matter if it's free or not. These folks who contribute to the forums and all Prestashop users work their butts off to try and better the software and peoples own needs which is so awesome.

It really bothers me that some people in the world have to stoop this low in life. If they had any hand in making a module or theme then I would understand but to steal and then resell is just totally pathetic.

I am sure Patric will read this and when he does please message me. I did report the person which I am not naming. Patric when I reported abuse of this person please look into it but that website that was involved last time is still up using different name and in maintenance mode of course the pathetic loser probably loading stolen themes and modules again.

Please somehow make it to where non-prestashop users can't make downloads inside the forums. Developers and 3rd parties would need approval. It's a safe way to try and crack down on people who do these types of things.

Sorry for rambling on and on but this really pisses me off and excuse my language but I can NOT stand people like this.

Cheers

Clayton

2 answers to this question

Hi clayton29657,

I am sure Patric will read this and when he does please message me. I did report the person which I am not naming. Patric when I reported abuse of this person please look into it but that website that was involved last time is still up using different name and in maintenance mode of course the pathetic loser probably loading stolen themes and modules again.

I could not make any relation between both accounts. Him not sure this is him.

Please somehow make it to where non-prestashop users can't make downloads inside the forums. Developers and 3rd parties would need approval. It's a safe way to try and crack down on people who do these types of things.

Approval in which way?

We have not the time to check and approve or not which accounts should be able to download.

This is the problem of Internet, everything can be downloaded and copied.

This is sad that some people buy these stolen module because they did not investigate enough to find the free ones. But we cannot change that. It has always existed and will always exist. :(

Hi clayton29657,

I could not make any relation between both accounts. Him not sure this is him.

I hope I am totally wrong but noticed this person in the free modules section again using the free themes. That name is not very common is why it bothers me. I sure hope that I am wrong!

Approval in which way?

We have not the time to check and approve or not which accounts should be able to download.

This is the problem of Internet, everything can be downloaded and copied.

This is sad that some people buy these stolen module because they did not investigate enough to find the free ones. But we cannot change that. It has always existed and will always exist. :(

Only approval such as they have a different type of log in maybe that is sent when they sign up or have that authorization already to make modules or theme which you already have in place and wouldn't think that would be difficult to enhance the feature. lol not sure but just an idea