[Solved] Product features in CSV import

Hi,

Can someone explain me how to properly fill the last column in product description called FEATURES?

I have created certain features in BO but i would like to insert them in my CSV so that when im refreshing mine product prices and availability i will import these features for mine products.

Thanx!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

it's annoying not getting an answer for this. I asked several times about this to no avail. I particularly want to add more than one of feature. But I don't see how. I wish we didn't have to type them in. I guess you can't do more than one. Somebody please help.

You need to put each feature in a separate column in your CSV, then when importing the CSV, on the column selection screen, select "Feature" in the dropdown of each of the feature columns, then enter the name of the feature in the text field that appears, then click "ok". You can then click "Import CSV data".

• Like 1

I tried this and although it was good, it didn't quite work as I expected.

For example for a product with feature 'Soundtrack' and data 'English' it added 'English' as an option available from a drop-down list and selected 'English' for that option in the product. So far so good.

I also chose 'duration' to be one of my features and assumed it would just take any value, but once again it set up a drop-down list. I presumed that I could delete the items from the drop-down list and still retain the value in the product features but I was wrong.

I see that there is a box in the back-office product input by the side of each feature called 'customised'. I can put the duration in there manually and it works as expected. Is there a way to do this from the csv file?

• 6 months later...

I was wondering if it's actually possible to import products that have the features already assigned to each product. When I imported my csv products file, the features themselves just got imported to the features drop down list. They weren't actually assigned to any individual products.

Update: forget that. When, you import a csv, if you delete all products and then reimport all of the products with the features aswel, then it works perfectly.

• 2 months later...

Can I just check guys please.
Am I able to immport my product options(features) so say I have a polo shirt that comes in red gren and blue but alos comes in sizes small medium and large, will presta allow inport of the features and create drop down boxes for both size and colour in the product details page.

I hope so because this was one reason I moved away from presta last year as the features were a problem for multi featured products.

Thanks
John

You are confusing features with attributes. There is no option to import attributes, only to import combinations. I've never tried importing combinations before, but I imagine it would be a lot of work to create all the combinations manually in a CSV file instead of using the Product Combinations Generator. Here is the format that the Tools > Import tab says you need to have the combinations CSV file:

Product ID
Options (Group:Value)
Reference
Supplier reference
EAN13
Wholesale price
Price
Ecotax
Quantity
Weight

And here is an example of a combinations CSV file with two combinations:

id_product ; options ; reference ; supplier_reference ; ean13 ; wholesale_price ; price ; ecotax ; quantity ; weight ; default
1;Length:120,Width:140;AB11242;15472C;1234567890123;120;900;5;10000;5;1 1;Length:100,Width:160;AB11243;15473C;1234567890124;120;900;5;10000;5;0

Can you please post sample for one product that has 2 or 3 features and that one feature has atleest 2 values.

How to set that in my csv?

I have extracted all my features codes and their values aswell from sql but i dont know how to correctly write them into features "column" in my csv?

this is one sample product:

102100001;1;INTEL Celeron 430;102,100;252,032521;23;248,35;0;;;;;102100001;BX80557430;92;360;;;;10;1.80 GHz Clock Speed, 1 Core, 1 Thread, 800 MHz FSB Speed, 512 KB L2 cache, 35 W TDP, 64-bit, Socket LGA775, box - jamstvo 36 mj.;;;;;;RASPOLOŽIVO;U DOLASKU;http://www.h2-shop.com/images/produkti/ITL-BX80557430.jpg;;

and now at the end i want to insert my features... :(

eg: my feature called socket 1156 has ID 8 and value is 37... how to write that into csv for import?

PS: i still use 1.105

I know features import works in Prestashop v1.2.5. I'm not sure whether it does in v1.1. When you choose product import in the Back Office, does it list Features at the end of the available columns?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm from PrestaShop team and I saw that there were a lot of questions about CSV import. Indeed this is a very powerful tool which is not yet documented enough.

That's why I made a quick guide about product importation, focusing on the features fields (since that's the starting point of this topic).

I hope this will be useful. It is in Word format so feel free to detail it and add some extra comments.

@rocky : thanks for your useful answers!

@aquamarine : here is your help ;-)

CSVImportV1_Gregoire.doc

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm from PrestaShop team and I saw that there were a lot of questions about CSV import. Indeed this is a very powerful tool which is not yet documented enough.

That's why I made a quick guide about product importation, focusing on the features fields (since that's the starting point of this topic).

I hope this will be useful. It is in Word format so feel free to detail it and add some extra comments.

@rocky : thanks for your useful answers!

@aquamarine : here is your help ;-)

Grégoire,

I know this is an old thread but when they changed the forum over, the links to the attachments did not update and the document you posted can no longer be accessed.

Could you please post it again?

• 2 weeks later...

i write here seen that is a post followed by the team.

i import combinations of a product with CSV perfectly formatted

But if i execute three import in sequence of same combinations of same product , changing values and/or adding a combination, Presta will consider each import as a new combination, so duplicate the combinations.

the result is as follow :

1-2 first import

3-4-5 second import

6-7-8 third import

1 Colore - Nero, Taglia - S 2

2 Colore - Nero, Taglia - M 2

3 Colore - Nero, Taglia - S 2

4 Colore - Nero, Taglia - M 2

5 Colore - Nero, Taglia - L 2

6 Colore - Nero, Taglia - S 2

7 Colore - Nero, Taglia - M 2

8 Colore - Nero, Taglia - L 0

the import feature doesn't changed the actual value but simply ADDED the new imported data

note that i changed also quantities and i added a new combination too to see if something changes but absolutly nothing changed ...

It's really a weird situation, everytime from what i know right now, you have to delete all previous combinations when importing

any tricks for it?

• 3 months later...

I am using the new 1.4.6.2 v. PS and the Features import works well except one thing.

If you want to import feature values in different languages into the same feature field (ex: feature Color: EN: Red, FR: Rouge), the last import always rewrite the values in all languages.

This method works well, if you import the first language and fill up manually the other languages (but you need many hours or even days).

Is anybody have idea, how can I solve this problem? Or maybe I do something wrong...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

it's annoying not getting an answer for this. I asked several times about this to no avail. I particularly want to add more than one of feature. But I don't see how. I wish we didn't have to type them in. I guess you can't do more than one. Somebody please help.

find that a lot with prestashop help is hard to find...