symanski

PayPal Error with no error code!

[quote name='digitalcrate' timestamp='1349995317' post='961508']
Hey, does anyone know what Paypal host the Paypal module tries to connect to in a live set up, not sandbox. I've searched the code for the module but cant find anything?
[/quote]

If you look at the addresses I previously put up earlier in this post it seems that it requires access to them. But specifically it tries to contact api-3t.paypal.com

Hi, thanks, I thought that was for the Sandbox server but I might be wrong. ANYWAYS, [b] have had a response from Paypal technical :o [/b]....yes I have...I know, I couldnt believe it either! Basically, this is what they have said to me

"[color=#333333]Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Services.[/color]

[color=#333333]I have visited your website and I can see that your integration is not re-directing customer to PayPal, it is stopping them from submitting payment request to PayPal site. I recommend you to contact your cart provider or your developer.[/color]

[color=#333333]The issue is basically that your integration is not making the redirection from the following URL to the PayPal checkout page. [/color]

[url="http://www.doorspares4repair.co.uk/modules/paypal/express_checkout/submit.php"]http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/modules/paypal/express_checkout/submit.php[/url] "

[color=#333333]So any feedback on that Prestashoppers[/color]

[quote name='digitalcrate' timestamp='1350037917' post='961964']
[color=#333333]The issue is basically that your integration is not making the redirection from the following URL to the PayPal checkout page. [/color]
[/quote]

BS. I've taken a copy of my site and hosted it on my own local machine, two of them in fact. It works on both of them. And we even tried a back up server from one of the free sites, but that didn't work. What this proves is that the integration is working, because if it wasn't then it would give the same error on the locally hosted versions. But that there is a block between these hosting companies and PayPal.

Remember, this was a fully working site that then stopped for no apparent reason. We'd made no changed to it, it just stopped working.

As I've said, my main hosting company, one of the most trusted in the UK, have investigated this for me and discovered it's a PayPal fault. It's PayPal who are blocking access. MTS aren't responding to my questions.

[quote name='symanski' timestamp='1350038894' post='961985']
BS. I've taken a copy of my site and hosted it on my own local machine, two of them in fact. It works on both of them. And we even tried a back up server from one of the free sites, but that didn't work. What this proves is that the integration is working, because if it wasn't then it would give the same error on the locally hosted versions. But that there is a block between these hosting companies and PayPal.

Remember, this was a fully working site that then stopped for no apparent reason. We'd made no changed to it, it just stopped working.

As I've said, my main hosting company, one of the most trusted in the UK, have investigated this for me and discovered it's a PayPal fault. It's PayPal who are blocking access. MTS aren't responding to my questions.
[/quote]

I'm glad you said that, as I had sent a very "nice" response to Paypal after receiving the BS reply ;) But then I second guessed myself and thought I'd get a second opinion :)
Anyway, I am now awaiting a response (if they ever talk to me again) so I will keep you all posted as soon as i know. Oh and you know how i think i got a response from their Tech services? I voiced my unhappiness on Twitter. Something I have never done before, but seems to have struck a nerve somewhere.

Success, but it may not be for everyone....

OK, after a lengthy discussion with my hosts and various tests by myself and great support by them, they too agreed that it is Paypal blocking the server. Paypal STILL deny this and blame the site scripts yadda yadda yadda.

Anyways, long story short, migrated site to a new server, which was tested to be communicating with api-3t.paypal.com (thanks symanski) before the switch and hey presto, works like a dream now.

Now, I believe any host worth anything should be able to do this for you too, as long as you can supply them with the Paypal server (api-3t.paypal.com) that the site is trying to communicate with then they should do it. Because this is a manual operation, they wont do it unless YOU give them the info. Also, ensure that nothing in the site is referenced to an IP address otherwise it will go a bit wobbly.

Hope this helps for some people if not everyone. My hosts have also logged a complaint so surely they will be forced to do something, but I wouldnt bother contacting their "support" team, I think they are contract bound to blame everything but Paypal.

[quote name='digitalcrate' timestamp='1350073149' post='962731']
Success, but it may not be for everyone....

Hope this helps for some people if not everyone. My hosts have also logged a complaint so surely they will be forced to do something, but I wouldnt bother contacting their "support" team, I think they are contract bound to blame everything but Paypal.
[/quote]

It's something that I've been considering asking my host to do for a couple of days and I'll be asking on Monday if my host can change the IP address that my site is on. Thanks for add to the proof that it's not our sites but PayPal! The risk, however, is that because PayPal have blocked some servers from your host they could easily block others without warning. And you'd be in no better position.

I didn't think it would take this long to sort out a problem with PayPal.

I am also very concerned that PayPal have done nothing to help us. MTS have not replied to me at all - perhaps because I put it simply in black and white it's them who are blocking my host. So today I've sent a message to the FSA asking for some help in getting a straight answer. Yes, it's that serious.

[quote name='Benjamin Utterback' timestamp='1350074023' post='962750']
Hello digitalcrate, thank you for this detailed information. The question is, why is paypal blocking communication with some hosts? That is what it seems like since you switched hosts and it worked. Interesting
[/quote]

That is the question indeed???? The trouble is, I cant even get Paypal to admit that it is there issue :(
I didnt switch host, merely switched the box the site was sat on. Migrated to a new server from the same host, fixed it immediately

I have the same problem and am desperate, I was searching and found this: [url="https://www.x.com/content/resolved-some-impact-express-checkout-and-paypal-apis-oct-12"]https://www.x.com/content/resolved-some-impact-express-checkout-and-paypal-apis-oct-12[/url] I wait let's be able find the solution to this mistake, I will continue searching if I find something I comment on it.

A greeting [url="http://www.koonsun.com.mx"]http://www.koonsun.com.mx[/url]

[quote name='Abdyel' timestamp='1350097550' post='962993']
I have the same problem and am desperate, I was searching and found this: [url="https://www.x.com/content/resolved-some-impact-express-checkout-and-paypal-apis-oct-12"]https://www.x.com/co...pal-apis-oct-12[/url] I wait let's be able find the solution to this mistake, I will continue searching if I find something I comment on it.

A greeting [url="http://www.koonsun.com.mx"]http://www.koonsun.com.mx[/url]
[/quote]

The difference between this type of error reported is that the one in the x.com site comes back with an error message. That is it has been able to make connection with the PayPal servers. The problem we're having is that there's no error message, and as we now know it's because PayPal have decided to block certain host addresses.

Unfortunately PayPal are not being forthcoming with why they're blocking. Nor doing anything to help business people to get back trading. They are costing me money!

[quote name='Status Publicidad y Market' timestamp='1350293139' post='964851']
Hi, so the only solution here is to change the server ip?
[/quote]

PayPal are blocking access from your IP address. You either get PayPal to unblock it, or move to a different IP address and hope they don't then block that one too. Since PayPal's MTS department, who seem to be responsibile for such matters, are being very unresponsive then you've got little choice but to move IP adresses.

I've now messaged MTS twice, in addition to my internet host doing so too. Neither of us have had a response. The standard customer help from PayPal, who I've contacted many times now, have been very unhelpful. Friendly, but unhelpful.

I've always said that you find out how good customer service is when something goes wrong; not when you're making a purchase. And on that test PayPal have completely dropped the ball. Their customer service stinks. Standard first-contact customer service is a waste of your time as they're unable to help because they simply don't have the abilities, but worse they can't pass this to someone who could. So you're then left trying to deal with MTS directly and they're simply not replying. That's rude and ignorant.

[quote name='Status Publicidad y Market' timestamp='1350377924' post='966321']
I still have the same problem.
Sayitonsticks, which prestashop version and wich paypal module version do you have?
[/quote]

If you're having the problem exactly as described in the orignal post then it won't matter which version of Prestashop or the PayPal module. I've tried a couple of options on that already when I was thinking it must be my site (it wasn't).

It's PayPal blocking access from your host. As simple as that. Now the difficult part is getting PayPal to respond, and even lift those blocks.

[quote name='Status Publicidad y Market' timestamp='1350385448' post='966534']
Paypal had respond:
They redirected me to this thread and they said is prestashop related problem.
[url="http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/131148-paypal-error-submitphp-blank-page/"]http://www.prestasho...php-blank-page/[/url]
[/quote]

If you're getting the same error as I got (which is none - just the Prestashop container - see the first post on this thread) then it's because of the API access being blocked from your site. My internet host confimed this. My own tests show that the Prestashop cart is working when hosted elsewhere. It all points to PayPal blocking. Read through this thread and you'll see how another person got his site move to a clear IP address and it work. If it was anything else then it still wouldn't have worked!

PayPal are blocking your access.

Hello Status Publicidad y Market,

The forum post that PayPal responded with is not the same error, that thread is unrelated and over a year old. If you are receiving the same error that other members in this thread are having then that forum post will not help you. Have you tried asking your hosting provider to move your site to a different server IP. We are doing our best to have this situation resolved with PayPal on our end as well.

I have solutionated the error.
I have the same error that the creator of the post.
I have prestashop v 1.4 and i had paypal v2.6

1- Install the last version of the module paypal:
[url="http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html"]http://addons.presta...748-paypal.html[/url]

2- Install the backward compability module:
[url="http://addons.prestashop.com/en/modules-prestashop/6222-backwardcompatibility.html"]http://addons.presta...patibility.html[/url]

3- Go to modules/other modules/backward compability/ configuration

4- You will see the list of modules you need to update, i had only paypal module.

5- You click update modules and wait untill the module get updated.

6- Configure Paypal and lets sell Edited by Status Publicidad y Market

[quote name='Status Publicidad y Market' timestamp='1350404021' post='967064']
I have solutionated the error.
I have the same error that the creator of the post.
I have prestashop v 1.4 and i had paypal v2.6
[/quote]

With respect I think you've had a different error. I can say that because I've gone through similar trying to overcome the problem.

Today the my website seems to be able to contact PayPal. This after PayPal MTS finally replied to my message (Sent 9th Oct, replied 16th, problem first detect 27th Sept.) I believe they've probably acted upon the message sent by my internet host, as they'd I'd imagine have given them better instructions. The reply MTS sent to me was asking me for more information and tests which can only be run on the server that I am unable to do.

Yes, symanski is correct. The error was not the same, I assume that the Backwards Compatability module told you to upgrade to PayPal 3x . That is great that you have solved your issue B)
However, there still seems to be a problem with PayPal blocking IP Addresses. :blink:

[quote name='Benjamin Utterback' timestamp='1350409168' post='967226']
However, there still seems to be a problem with PayPal blocking IP Addresses. :blink:
[/quote]

My site now seems to be able to communicate with PayPal again. The blocks have been lifted, thankfully. But PayPal have cost me over two weeks worth of sales and have shown a dreadful level of customer service. Not only was the first level of customer service incompetent but the MTS was dreadfully slow in replying to me and my internet host's request for help. I wish there was an alternative to PayPal.

I'd like to thank everybody here for their input. And especially my internet host who've done a superb job in firstly confirming it was PayPal and then getting PayPal to remove the blocks.

I just wanted to contribute to the topic, as we have experienced exactly the same ip block issue from Paypal.

It was pretty frustrating - absolutely NO response from their support.
The issue was, as others have reported - our server could not connect to "https://api-3t.paypal.com" which was causing our prestashop not to be able to complete Paypal payments.

We had to move the site to another server/ip so it could function. When we did this, everything was fine.

Now, because I was checking this thread from time to time, I saw that you guys where reporting that ban was lifted form some of you. I decided to check what was going on our previous IP/server. What I have found out is that it was already OK for it too...

So ban was lifted... Server can connect to Paypal servers... That is good in a way... right ...

What I don't like is that we have absolutely no idea why this happened and could it happen again?!
Could it happen on our new server... should be switch back to our previous hosting...

Absolutely no explanation from Paypal is not nice...

_________

PS Just wanted to add that I have also involved my hosting provider to check how can we resolve this issue. They have told me that they were going to "talk to Paypal" to locate the problem as they have independently, on they own, confirmed that this was the reason causing the problem. I don't know if it was because of them Paypal fixed it ... Edited by petzo

[quote name='petzo' timestamp='1350476377' post='968309']
Absolutely no explanation from Paypal is not nice...
[/quote]

No, it's not. You think because there's an error it's your site. And the first replies you get from PayPal is that there's no change to your account. It's only because I'm an engineer with a bit of knowledge that I was able to figure that there was a block between my host and PayPal, but it was my internet host who were able to determine it was because of PayPal and not them. The amount of work I put in to get to this point was significant.

If you were a regular shop owner, or even just a website developer deploying Prestashop to customers, you'd be completely in the dark on why the site suddenly and without warning stopped.

Perhaps this is a thread which should become a "sticky" for anybody else who similarly become blocked? It's rather good that not only have we identified where the problem is, but we also have the solutions presented too.