axelmdp

[Module] Login As Customer - [Axel] - PS1.6/ PS1.5 /PS1.4

Module description

The module Login As Customer (aka SuperUser, aka Impersonate) allows to emulate a customer login, accessing from the BackOffice. You don't even need to know the customer password. Therefore, you can place an order on behalf of the client, so that the statistics and stock'll reflect same as if your client would placed it.

It is very useful especially when your customers aren't able to make the purchase process by themselves (and as you surely know, that happens pretty often!)

This module also recovers the previous cart for the selected customer (if you have active this option in your general preferences).

Module usage

The installation is quite easy. The install procedure it is same as any other prestashop module.
post-332972-0-84873400-1349483605_thumb.png
Once installed, go to the customer's details in the backoffice, and you'll see a LogIn button. On the new version you are able to access from any order as well.
post-332972-0-87514400-1349483609_thumb.png
By clicking in that button, you'll be redirected to the FrontEnd, logged on with the user that you'd chosen.
post-332972-0-18346900-1349483613_thumb.png
Once logged in you'll be able to perform any action on behalf of the desired client.
All the orders that you create after clicking "Login As Customer" button will be tracked with useful information: When any employee opens the order detail page, he will be able to see if the order was created by an employee, who employee did it, their profile, the date of creation, and the IP address from which he accessed. A sample is shown in the following image:
post-332972-0-63099400-1362441241_thumb.png

New functionality on version 2.4, released 04/11/2013

Since version 2.4, it is possible to login as customer from the Customer's list, just clicking on the icon of the desired row.

post-332972-0-91572000-1365655893_thumb.png

Compatible Version post-332972-0-39946300-1349750221.png
Prestashop 1.4.4.1, 1.4.3.0, 1.4.6 1.4.8.2 1.4.9.0 1.5.x.y AND NOW SUPPORTS 1.6.x.y

Demo site

FO: http://axel-demo.url.ph/ps1.5/
BO: http://axel-demo.url.ph/ps1.5/adminConsole/
User: demo@example.com
Pass: demo1234

If you cannot access to the site, please send me a PM and I will put available again.

Pricing

This module costs a donation of at least U$S 16,00 . Then, you can use it on all sites that you want.

How to purchase it

To purchase it, please contact me. My Paypal account is accessible from the BackOffice on demo site. I accept the donation via Paypal. You can see my skype ID on my profile, or send me a private message with your contact details. Once I receive the donation, I'll give you the module files.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to post it here on the forum, or send me a PM.

Support

I am committed to providing all the support needed for the module to work perfectly on your site. I'm a system engineer, with a lot of experience on software development. You'll can ask me for support whenever you need it. I look forward for your comments.

Thank you very much.

Axel ;)
------------------
Check this cool modules (must have) :
MultiTabsForProducts
Cart Details

Edited by axelmdp (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Just bought this module myself.

Firstly, I must say - it works as advertised. We can login as customers, and place orders on their behalf. Something that we needed to use frequently, and I'm so glad I managed to find a module that will do it, ESPECIALLY one that works with Prestashop 1.5 and ESPECIALLY for such an amazingly low price!

In addition, there were teething problems, but the author made sure everything was working. Never hesitated once to help. A true benefit to the prestashop community!

ok, funciona perfecto. Este módulo es una gran ayuda para ver el carrito o los problemas que puede tener un cliente en el front.

Me funciona perfecto con la multi tienda también.

El programador atiende perfectamente en español y muy rápido y amable.

Oscar

Many thanks for your comments, Ariopp and OriginalUsb.

I'm finishing some improvements on the module. I'm going to publish the new version on the demo site, and also I'll update the post #1 with the new features. When I have finished that, I'll send the updated version to you. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,

Axel

I have recently got this module and find it very useful especially with the added login from the order page.

using it on 1.5 and it works great

Many Tanks To Axelmdp

Very fast support and solved some question, actualy works prety well in Multistore.

Store A - customer 1

Store B - Customer 2

when you login as customer with customer 2 redirect correctly in store B

Tks again with you great and fast support

Axel sent me the module quickly. It is simple to install, requires no special setup, and does exactly what I want. I am able to log in from the BO as any customer to diagnose their purchase and cart issues. This has been successfully tested on my shops with PS version 1.4.9.0 and another with PS 1.5.3.1. The price is very reasonable to gain this capability.

Thanks Axel!

Axel,

Now that I have used your great module more, I have a suggested enhancement. Disable the login button when only "View" permissions are granted in the BO for customer information.

I created employee profiles in the BO with rights ranging from "View reports" to "SuperAdmin". In the "View Reports" profile, permission is provided for employee to only "View" the customer info, but not modify it. I notice that your module provides the ability to log in as the customer only with "View" permissions granted. Would it be possible to disable the "Login" button located under "Login as Customer" when only "View" permissions have been provided via the Administration menu?

Would it be possible to disable the "Login" button located under "Login as Customer" when only "View" permissions have been provided via the Administration menu?

Hello Rhapsody. Of course, it is possible to do that. I love when the users make suggestions :) . I'm going to do it and then I'll give you an update.

Thanks!

Hello Rhapsody. I've added a filter permission, so that only those employees with a role that has EDIT permission on items "Customers" will be allowed to see the "login as customer" button. ;)

Please try it, and feel free to let me know your comments. I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you!

Axel

Once again, Axel has exceeded expectations for this module.

I have tested this module version 2.3 on 1.4.9.0 and 1.5.3.1 with excellent results. The login button in the BO is not displayed unless the Employee has edit rights. This keeps the shop more secure for those who want to give certain employees the ability to see customer data and orders, but not change anything.

This is now the perfect module.

Nice job Axel!

Hi, on your demo I cannot see anywhere how to login as customer. I tried orders, customer account. Where is the featured hooked and how can I buy ?

Hi, on your demo I cannot see anywhere how to login as customer. I tried orders, customer account. Where is the featured hooked and how can I buy ?

Hello cd2500, You are right, I had forgotten to add permission to demo@example.com. My sincere apologies for that mistake. Now I've corrected it. Please feel free to try again. It is hooked on customer detail and order detail view.

If you want buy it, just make a donation to my paypal account. There is a donate button near the "Login as customer" button. Then, I'll send you the module to the email address that you want.

Thank you very much. Kind Regards,

Axel

• Like 1

Hello,

i have made the 16 $ donation and after a while i had the latest version of module.

It works perfectly.

A login as customers button is at order details page too :)

A must have for shop owners to my opinion!

Thanks Axel!

post-136558-0-94315300-1361736541_thumb.jpg

Comodissimoooo !!! Visto che l'inserimento ordini da BO nella PS 1.5.3.1 da problemi....

Questo modulo è utilissimo!

Dimenticavo, appena aggiornato.

Ci si può loggare oltre che dalla scheda cliente anche dal dettaglio ordini.

Inoltre aggiunge la nota "ordine creato da impietago...."

Ripeto: Utilissimo !!!

Hello cd2500, You are right, I had forgotten to add permission to demo@example.com. My sincere apologies for that mistake. Now I've corrected it. Please feel free to try again. It is hooked on customer detail and order detail view.

If you want buy it, just make a donation to my paypal account. There is a donate button near the "Login as customer" button. Then, I'll send you the module to the email address that you want.

Thank you very much. Kind Regards,

Axel

done. I send you my mail-address by PM. Good Job, exactly the modul I wanted....

• Like 1

done. I send you my mail-address by PM. Good Job, exactly the modul I wanted....

Great cd2500! I'm glad to know it. I just sent the module to your email. Any thing that you need, just let me know.

Best Regards,

Axel ;)

Works like a charm. Installation and use without any problems on PS 1.5.3.1. GREAT JOB.

I am using Axel's module on 4 sites hosted on 4 different hosting services. The only problems I have encountered are with GoDaddy.

I ran into a problem on a GoDaddy hosted shop (actually many problems with GoDaddy...). When attempting to Login as customer from the BO, I received an error "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by...".

The problem was corrected by inserting the following into the php5.ini file in the root directory:

; turns on output buffering to fix login as customer from BO on Prestashop (works but not on SSL)
output_buffering = On

The next problem to fix on GoDaddy is that when SSL is turned on, instead of redirecting to https://mydomain.org...tomer/login.php it drops the domain and directs to https://shop/modules...tomer/login.php (which of course does not work).

If anyone has ideas on what is happening, and how to fix this, please post here.

This is not a problem on other hosts I have used, only Godaddy.

Edited by Rhapsody (see edit history)

...The next problem to fix on GoDaddy is that when SSL is turned on, instead of redirecting to https://mydomain.org...tomer/login.php it drops the domain and directs to https://shop/modules...tomer/login.php (which of course does not work).

Hello Bill.

Thank you for posting your particular issue. I'm willing to help you. First of all, it would help to know exactly which URL is being requested. So, could you please execute this jQuery script on any debug console (you can do it in the Google Chrome console, or in Firefox using firebug, or with another alternative that you want)

$('form #loginButton').parent('form').attr('action');

This will show you the value of the attribute action on the form used by my module. If you don't know how to execute this, please try to seek on the html source of the page loaded, and look at the action value of the form that contains the login button. I need to know this value because depending on the result, I'll know if the issue is on the URL generation, or if it is a wrong URL redirect.

Thanks,

Axel

Axel - Thanks for the debug tips. I will work on this over the weekend and post any information I learn. I should mention that this is a 1.5.3.1 PS install on a GoDaddy Linux server.

Your module has worked fantastic for me on all the other shops hosted elsewhere. It is only GoDaddy that has the problem. I have found that GoDaddy requires many work around solutions for multiple problems to make things work properly. Slowly I am getting to the point that the Prestashop installation is working as it should by applying these work around solutions.

Axel,

With SSL turned on...

"https:///shop/modules/loginascustomer/login.php"

With SSL off (redirects properly)

"http://twentyhundredclub.org/shop/modules/loginascustomer/login.php"

Note: I did the same thing on another site that has SSL enabled (PS 1.4.10.0), and it returned the proper SSL URL for redirect.

Edited by Rhapsody (see edit history)

An update for all - Axel figured out that I had not properly added the domain name in the BO SSL block. This parameter was not required to be entered in PS version 1.4, but must be entered in version 1.5. Thanks very much to Axel for the detailed follow up!

Axel - further to my post #22 above, a helpful hint for those who receive an error similar to the following:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/YourDomain/public_html/shop/classes/Tools.php:1843) in /home/YourDomain/public_html/shop/classes/Tools.php on line 108

Have them create a php.ini file and place it in the /prestashop/modules/loginascustomer directory. The following is the content for the php.ini file:

; turns on output buffering to fix "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent" error for Login As Customer from BO on Prestashop
output_buffering = On

Have them create a php.ini file and place it in the /prestashop/modules/loginascustomer directory. The following is the content for the php.ini file:

; turns on output buffering to fix "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent" error for Login As Customer from BO on Prestashop
output_buffering = On

Hello Bill. Thank you very much for sharing your experience ;)

Axel just sent me version 2.4 of his module. This version adds the capability to login as customer directly from the customer list in the BO, rather than having to open the customer's record. I have successfully tested this on shops I have running Prestashop 1.4.10.0, 1.5.3.1 and 1.5.4.0.

Thanks Axel for the upgrade. Great customer service!

Such a great module, it does exactly as it says, you can log as one of your customers without asking them their password, you can see everything as if you would be one of your customer place an order and so on...

Axel congratulations for your work, very usefull module!

Just installed this module as I was having trouble with some overseas customers claiming they couldn't get payment options to show. This module just works. I can say nothing more than that. I installed it, it worked instantly and hasn't given me any errors.

Great work on this. This is how modules should work.

I've ordered but so far have not received link to download... however, in the meantime, just wondering, I'm running multi-store, will this module properly 'go' to store 2 if I'm in the BO of store 2?

Hello Mtporter! Thanks for your comment. ;)

Regarding to your question, yes, this module works perfectly with multi-store. When you click on any customer, it checks the store where that customer is registred, and then redirect you to the correct shop url.

Regarding to the download link, this is a manual process. I had received your donation, but I didn't know who had sent it, hehe. I'll contact you via PM in order to give you the module. I hope you can add some comment on your experience with the module after trying it.

Best Regards,

Axel

Using Prestashop version 1.5.4.1.

Installed with no errors and works perfectly. Made a donation and received the module files within minutes.

Thanks Axel. :D

Edited by ringerce (see edit history)

I've done some test. If I create a login for a person for store #3 only, then of course I login as that person, the only information I see is IS that store. However, while on the customer list, when selecting the icon to login as customer, it goes to the Frontend of store #1. I have to be IN the customer's information screen THEN select login as customer and will to go to store #3

I've done some test. If I create a login for a person for store #3 only, then of course I login as that person, the only information I see is IS that store. However, while on the customer list, when selecting the icon to login as customer, it goes to the Frontend of store #1. I have to be IN the customer's information screen THEN select login as customer and will to go to store #3

Hello David. I'm sorry about that. I'm pretty sure it is a minor bug, because I've tested it with multistore from the customer list and it works properly. Anyway, don't worry, because I'm always willing to solve any issue that can arise; So I'm going to contact with you on private to determine which is causing that bug and I'll give you a proper solution. Then you'll can post your opinion here ;)

Best Regards,

Axel

Great fix! I just tested it and it works perfectly now.

Nice! I'm glad everything it's working as expected now. Now you know that my policy is giving a 100% of support. ;)

Any thing you could need, don't hesitate to contact me. Best Regards,

Axel

I write this post to publicly thank Axel.

Its module (loginascustomer) works perfectly, but the most important thing is the support and expertise that he provides.

Today I helped solve a big problem.

It was really good. Competent, knowledgeable and very courteous.

Five stars for Axel.

Thanks Axel :)

Edited by lucertola (see edit history)

Very very good module. Makes customer service so much easier, Thanks!

Great customer service; I received the module minutes after donating to Axel. The first test worked like a charm. Easy installation and use on 1.5.4.1.

Edited by smallbizwiz (see edit history)

I installed it on 1.5.5 . It said it "downloaded successfully"  but I can't see it in the list of modules to install

Edited by cneah (see edit history)

I installed it on 1.5.5 . It said it "downloaded successfully"  but I can't see it in the list of modules to install

It works fine for me; you might try deleting it manually via FTP, then installing through the Install Button (i.e. do NOT FTP the folder from local machine to your server).  Else, if you tried that, try just the opposite, manually FTP the extracted folder to your /modules/ folder, then search for it under Modules - Modules, then click Install.  Good luck!

Hello Debrah. I think I know which your problem is: At the left side on module's page, there are several categories for filtering the modules. You must select either "Administration" or "Total" (because if you filter by a different category, you won't see the module on the list).

I tried it on PS1.5.5.0 and it works perfectly. And also I tried with a different category filter, and I was able to reproduce your problem: It said "The module was downloaded successfully.", but the module wasn't shown. However, when I switched to "Administration" category, the module was there ("Login in FE as customer").

Additionally, I'm going to send you more information in an email (with details on how install a module, just in case you're making some mistake, including a couple of screenshots).

Axel

PS: I delayed on answer because I was sleeping  :D It's start of day here.

PS2: Thank you Teo about your comments!  ;)

Thank you all. It is showing now. I needed to click on the "all" filter before I installed it and then it installed without a problem.

I will join the other customers of this module to applaud Axel. The module works as advertised in PS 1.5.4 and he is super fast and reliable on support, but take his time zone (Argentina, I believe) into account when waiting for a response :-)

So far, no problems at all... 

Realized and quickly received the donation module. It was very easy to instal, without any problem.
Was the solution of my problems.
I am very grateful :)

Edited by sanbikes (see edit history)

Hello Axel,

I am using prestashop version 1.5.3.1 and installed this module,

I found these error,

Warning: Function includeController() is deprecated.

As this function is there in class file called ControllerFactory.php, and this used to get particular controller.

Can you please tell me what exactly is causing problem.

Hi Alex,

thanks i received right now your module.. i installed it and it works fine.. very usefull

Bye

Ok. Well i just bought this program and in the next 5 mins i could login in front-end as any customer i wanted. Works like a charm. Although i didn't need it the developer seems really helpfull.

Im install this module in my site(www.moshtari.org)

i recommend for all presta shop web store install this module

Very often, we need login as the customer  and meter problems solved. Using this module you customize their problems can be solved without knowing the costumer password.

---------------

Mr axelmdp doing a good support for modules

best regard for all presta shop costumer and axelmdp

Edited by senatoring (see edit history)

Amazing Module , 

I bought and Just installed and checked , everything worked well .

This module compatible with other social network work login . 

New future for Customer service :)

Thanks alot 

This was just what we needed in our multistore.

Alex is very fast en helpfull, latest module works like a charme.

easy to install en easy to use.

should be core module in my opinion, like many other modules ;-)

Thanks again Alex,

Have been using this module for a while now version 2.1 and has worked great. Since upgrading to prestashop 1.5.3 I need and upgrade and was supplied 2.2 straight away. Very satisfied with this module and service. Get it now

Hello everyone!!! I modified the module to make it 100% compatible with PS1.6. Free update for all who have already purchased it   :)  Just send me an email or P.M., or post it here, and I'll send you the update.

Thanks!!!

Axel

See my todays mail to you. Want also the multitab (although the tabs were removed in PS 1.6.) for videos which we were talking one year ago.

Best Regards

Conny

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Thank you Axel for great job. After we upgrade from Prestashop 1.5 to 1.6 modul is stop working, but he provide me with new version very quickly, smo my girls on support can do their job agan very quickly and smoothly

Thanks again for good support

Martin

Hello Axel

Unfortunatelly there is a problem with your module ver 2.6.1 for PS1.6.

It doesn’t work on multistore.

I can login as a customer but only when working in main (primary) store context.

It is not possible to log as a customer for any other store (multistore).

Regardles of which store context is active, your module always keep redirecting to main store URL and not to active store URL.

Previous version was working fine on multistore. Any chance for you to fix it please?

Thanks

Hello Piotr. I already fix it. I just send you the version 2.6.2 to your personal mail. Please let me know if it solved the issue. 

Thanks

PS: Thanks to graysonrobb and malcek by your nice comments!  :)

PS2: Anyone who bought the module can have this update, just send me a PM and I'll send it to you.

Hi Alex

Sorry for late comment but I was busy busy...

Yep, a new version has no problem at all and it works on newest PS1.6.09 with multistore setup.

This is great little module :-). Wery handy and backed up with your great support.

I would wish some other paid/expensive modules have quality support as yours one :-)

Thanks!

Edited by a_smith (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello Conny. Thanks for writting me. I just sent you a PM to your email; I hope that solves the issue.

Please let me know how it was!  :)

Regards,

Axel

The issue was another fresh installed module. Indeed I had version 2.2. and this was working well with PS 1.6.0.11 and PS 1.6.0.9 without any problems.... Sorry for the false information and thank you for the upgrade download. Also version 2.6.2 working without any problems on PS 1.6.0.11

No problem ;-) Thanks for the clarification, and I'm glad everything is working well now.

Have a really nice day!

Regards,

Axel

El módulo funciona perfectamente, y el trato y la gestión del envio es rápida y sencilla. Axel gracias. Un saludo.

Muchas gracias por el comentario Antonio!  :)  Siempre es de utilidad que cada uno comparta su experiencia, de verdad te agradezco.

Saludos,

Axel

Excellent support, helped me with a conflicting module, now works great! Thanx Axel!

Many thanks Axel, fantastic module!

A quick question:

The login as customer functionality works great when i press the Login button inside customer's detail view.

When i press the Login button that is inside the drop down list in the customers grid view it does nothing.

I've PS 1.6.0.13.

Does it suppose to work there too?

Many thanks Axel, fantastic module!

A quick question:

The login as customer functionality works great when i press the Login button inside customer's detail view.

When i press the Login button that is inside the drop down list in the customers grid view it does nothing.

I've PS 1.6.0.13.

Does it suppose to work there too?

Hello Stathis. Thank you for your feedback. I verified that the behavior that you mentioned is a bug . Thanks for reporting it; I'll take care of it and I'll release a new version with the fix as soon as I can. I'll send you the fix soon.

Thanks!

Axel

Hello Stathis. Thank you for your feedback. I verified that the behavior that you mentioned is a bug . Thanks for reporting it; I'll take care of it and I'll release a new version with the fix as soon as I can. I'll send you the fix soon.

Thanks!

Axel

Hello everyone! Thanks for your comments and feedback. I just released a new version of the module (2.6.3), which includes the fix for this issue. I already sent the new version via mail to many of the buyers (including you, Stathis, of course!). But if you bought the module and you didn't received the new version yet, please don't hesitate to write me, and I'll send you the free update. 

I look forward for your comments.

Thanks,

Axel

Thanks!

Axel

Many thank Axel, it works perfectly now!

• Like 1

Excellent module, works perfect on Prestashop v1.6.0.14 and makes work really easy.

Thank you.

Installed on my 1.4 version.

One click to install and immediately works! Great module!

It does exactly what I has to do!

Thanks Axel for your works

Works great on 1.5.4.1 -- Initially I noticed a minor issue, but Axel and I worked through a couple details and he provided a perfect custom solution to a unique problem of mine.  Works flawlessly now and really seems integral to PS - not like an add-on.  This is definitely something that should have been integrated into PS long ago and it's absurd that it's not a standard feature.  Thanks to the very talented Axel, PS is now more complete for me. :D

i wonder about this module. we can use this in Prestashop version: 1.4.6.2.

please let me know.  my id is email:m.safir768@gmail.com, skype: safir7681

i wonder about this module. we can use this in Prestashop version: 1.4.6.2.

please let me know.  my id is email:m.safir768@gmail.com, skype: safir7681

Hello Safir, thanks for writing.

Yes, of course. You can use it 1.4.6.2. Indeed, I developed this plugin for PS1.4.6.2 the first time. I've been improving it, and I've always maintained backward compatibility.

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Thanks!

Axel

Hello,

how behaves this module while it is active multistore? Login to default shop suppose that's fine, but how do I log into another shop?

I want to use this module on the Prestashop 1.6.0.14 multistore (two domains with the same content). Will work correctly?

Thanks