[SOLVED] How to edit the topbar / header menu?

Hi,

I am pretty new to Prestashop and I have installed the newest version 1.5.0.17.

I have fiddled around for a few hour to get to know the system, but there's one thing I can get to work.

How do I edit the top bar / header bar?

Take a look at this screenshot:

http://billedeupload.dk/images/KYXnI.jpg

I simply can't figure out why the category "iPods" is both in the left menu and in the top. But the rest is only in the left menu and not in the top. I can't see any difference between the categories so I don't understand how it work.

Also, I would like to add different pages/content to to top menu without it being in the product menu on the left.

So, to sum it all up: How do I edit the top menu?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hi..

you can configure the topbar /header menu if you go to modules > Top Horizontal Menu.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I am pretty new to Prestashop and I have installed the newest version 1.5.0.17.

I have fiddled around for a few hour to get to know the system, but there's one thing I can get to work.

How do I edit the top bar / header bar?

Take a look at this screenshot:

http://billedeupload...mages/KYXnI.jpg

I simply can't figure out why the category "iPods" is both in the left menu and in the top. But the rest is only in the left menu and not in the top. I can't see any difference between the categories so I don't understand how it work.

Also, I would like to add different pages/content to to top menu without it being in the product menu on the left.

So, to sum it all up: How do I edit the top menu?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there a way to control how many levels of sub-categories the Top Horizontal menu module displays?

For instance I have some categories:

Cat1--> Subcat1 --> Subcat2 --> Subcat3

But i only want to show the first sub-category level in the top menu.

Cat1--> Subcat1

Thank you in advance for any advice

Edited by jpac (see edit history)

• 11 months later...

Wow, very quick reply, thanks !

And thank you a lot for the solution, it's perfect.

I'm used to CMS and really could find it.

I think it would deserve to be more accessible/visible... just my opinion.

Anyway, thank you again. Have a good day.

Wow, very quick reply, thanks !

And thank you a lot for the solution, it's perfect.

I'm used to CMS and really could find it.

I think it would deserve to be more accessible/visible... just my opinion.

Anyway, thank you again. Have a good day.

What do you mean by CMS? The CMS module? We would really appreciate the feedback to continue growing our software based on what our users want. 

Vekia, I am a newbie with Prestashop, it didn't know it a week ago.

What I mean with horizontal bar configuration is that I was expecting to find it in main admin menu, as category configuration by example.

Benjamin, with CMS, I mean Content Management System. For my website, I used Joomla (CMS) until now, with a digital goods module. 

Hello there guys,

I got a question that's been plaguing me for a while - If I want to change the position of the header menu i.e. take it out of the div id header, where would I have to look for the variable? Would really appreciate a quick response.

Thanks a lot!

Hello there guys,

I got a question that's been plaguing me for a while - If I want to change the position of the header menu i.e. take it out of the div id header, where would I have to look for the variable? Would really appreciate a quick response.

Thanks a lot!

Hey, have you looked into root/themes/(yourtheme)/header.tpl 

After some reading I found out the best way to do that is to create a new hook, which I did, however I get the 'cannot transplant module to this hook' error. Used this for reference http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/2182[spam-filter]create-custom-and-new-hook-in-ps-15/ however what step 4 describes doesn't work, I'm not sure where exactly to paste the lines stated there

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi ! Im looking for adding FAQ tab on the header (not in "top horizontal menu" module), beside "contact us" and "sign in" tab.

Here is the link into my shop: www.babymotherworld.com.

I am using presta 1.6.

Please help >.<

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Help,

I"m writing here as this is the closest to the problem I'm having on my site....

i have tried to edit my top horizontal menu after installing a new theme but it seems to not work each time i update.

the shop is www.taracart.com

can anybody help or advice on what step to take ?

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Prestashop 1.7.0.3

I'm trying to customise top menu. I want to organize categories like a list, not like an string of words like it is now.

I'm working only for a week in prestashop and I saw that I have so much things to learn to bring to life my store, in addition css, javascript, html..

Please look at attached image (I don't use subsubcategories like in default example for women category)

Thank you! 

post-1361395-0-25039900-1484757971_thumb.png

• 1 month later...