How to remove "Add to Cart" button on product detail page?

Leetay

Hi. Please, please can anyone help me with this.

I'm using PS v1.5 in Catalogue mode but after trying MANY options, the Add to Cart button still appears on the product details page (greyed out). I REALLY don't want it there!

I'm trying to use the software as a business directory and having this button there looks really pointless.

...any suggestions greatly received?!?!

Lee

• Like 1

Hi Robin & thanks for your prompt response.

I've tried this but even with such a small amount of coding being deleted, the product detail page then fails to display (no errors, just blank).

I'm right in thinking that the product.tpl file you refer to is in themes/default right?

Thanks again.

Lee

Edited by Leetay (see edit history)

Hi & thanks for your reply.

I've altered the config.inc.php file and below is what displays:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template "/home/handmade/public_html/realtradesmen.co.uk/themes/default/product.tpl" on line 263 "<form id="buy_block" {if $PS_CATALOG_MODE AND !isset($groups) $product->quantity > 0}class="hidden"{/if} action="{$link->getPageLink('cart')}" method="post">" too many shorthand attributes' in /home/handmade/public_html/realtradesmen.co.uk/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:627 Stack trace: #0 /home/handmade/public_html/realtradesmen.co.uk/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_compilebase.php(71): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error('too many shorth...', 263) #1 /home/handmade/public_html/realtradesmen.co.uk/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_compile_if.php(31): Smarty_Internal_CompileBase->getAttributes(Object(Smarty_Internal_SmartyTemplateCompiler), Array) #2 /home/handmade/public_html/realtradesmen.co.uk/tools/smarty/sys in /home/handmade/public_html/realtradesmen.co.uk/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 627

...this is now getting a bit scary!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Lee

Hi Lee.

Don't worry, it's not scarry. :)

Seems like there's an 'AND' missing after

!isset($groups)

on line 263.

This is how that line should look like:

<form id="buy_block" {if $PS_CATALOG_MODE AND !isset($groups) AND $product->quantity > 0}class="hidden"{/if} action="{$link->getPageLink('cart')}" method="post">

Regards.

Robin.

The CartExpert Team

• Like 2

Hi Robin

It worked!! BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT!!!! :D

Awesome..... It's just so far beyond my level of web-design knowledge how you could have known that, words are beyond me!!

Thanks SOOOOO much. Having this fixed means an enormous amount to my near and distant future :)

Before I close this off, (hope I@m not taking advantage) at the top right of my homepage at: www.realtradesmen.co.uk there's a "Contact Us" box and I can't find how to edit the text within it that says "Our hotline is available 24/7". I really don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night.

Please could you tell me where/how to edit this?

Many thanks again.

Lee

Hi Robin

It seemed a bit to risky to try changing the text via that route as the cart was saying that all of my previous changes would be undone!

It was easy enough to edit the text under /modules/blockcontact/blockcontact.tpl ...the image file is in there too but I haven't got a pretty pic of me that I want plastered all over the web just yet!!

...anyway, thanks again SOOO much for your help & guidance. I'm delighted that my site is now working as I want it and can now press on in the real world to promote it without embarrassing "glitches"!!

If I can add you as a friend on here, I'd be very humbled...

Kind regards.

Lee

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi I am a French girl developer

I also desperately looking to debug the same

I could not do it ...

until I came on this topic

and then The miracle! :D

Finally it worked !!

Thank you so much you are my savior ...

sorry for my bad english but I'm French girl ^_^