[SOLVED] White screen front office + white screen back office

Here's what I get from front-end access :

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'unable to write file /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/cache/smarty/compile/wrt5065cffa6c39c9.03600074' in /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php:44 Stack trace: #0 /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(201): Smarty_Internal_Write_File::writeFile('/home/alvagram/...', '<?php /* Smarty...', Object(Smarty)) #1 /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(155): Smarty_Internal_Template->compileTemplateSource() #2 /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/classes/module/Module.php(1578): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch() #3 /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/modules/favoriteproducts/favoriteproducts.php(106): ModuleCore->display('/home/alvagram/...', 'favoriteproduct...') #4 /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/classes/Hook.php(410): FavoriteProducts->hookDisplayHeader(Array) #5 /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/ in /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 44

..and from back-end access :

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'unable to write file /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/cache/smarty/compile/wrt5065d05359a683.73113673' in /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php:44 Stack trace: #0 /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(201): Smarty_Internal_Write_File::writeFile('/home/alvagram/...', '<?php /* Smarty...', Object(Smarty)) #1 /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(155): Smarty_Internal_Template->compileTemplateSource() #2 /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/classes/controller/AdminController.php(1123): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch() #3 /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/classes/controller/Controller.php(186): AdminControllerCore->display() #4 /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/classes/Dispatcher.php(348): ControllerCore->run() #5 /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/basil/index.php(43): DispatcherCore->dispatch() in /home/alvagram/public_html/newstore/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 44

Funny thing, i tried changing back to 755 one by one the cache sub-folders and files in order to narrow down the location of the problem and the site worked even when everything was turned back to 755 ! I am by now getting crazy.

Anyway, thanks for your assistance

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem my admin is white i can't log in my backoffice, i use 1.6.1.2 i put the cache folder in 777 but is still the same, this happens when i change in performance Codering from Rijndael to Blowfish, also i changed a couple of things there, but i had did this before with other prestashop versions and it was no problem.

I tried almost everything but i didnt get a error and i have error in true. I did this because i have aproblem with the page it dont refresh automatically.

Can anyone help me?

Thans in advanced.

Jose

• 5 months later...

Can anyone please help i have problem with admin login is shows only black page front works. I was able to generate the following error in PHP log:

[Mon Apr 11 09:55:21 2016] [error] [client 91.217.144.254] ALERT - Include filename ('/hsphere/local/home/bbbmggf/spectra.ba/modules/csblog/url../../../../classes/Dispatcher.php') contains too many '../' (attacker '91.217.144.254', file '/hsphere/local/home/bbbmggf/spectra.ba/modules/csblog/url/csLink.php', line 27)

following line contains this code:

require_once (dirname(__FILE__).'../../../../classes/Dispatcher.php');

Thanx

• 8 months later...

Hello I am facing the same issue in amanner of speaking. Both the front office and back office are coming up as white screens. Im not sure where your looking in the config.ini.php file as I am not seeing ANYWHERE whre it is asking or saying to display or not display errors. Also I am using the latest version of PS (not 1.7).

The admin panel looks like this:

Admn sign in??

and the shop is the same a plain blank white screen.

bindersarts.com

Please please help if you can

Edited by Bindersarts (see edit history)

• 11 months later...

I have the same issue and nothing above which I tried is working.  

Changing permissions on cache and all sub.. yet still front office works and back office does not.  hosted at inmotion.  

have 9 stores all working, this is fresh install https://joyasangria.com/shop/  1.7.2.4

got not back office only white screen with logo.. when logging in. 

front office fine. 

Please speak up Prestashop moderators.  Your help is needed please. 

• 6 years later...

I had this issue after I changed my WHM server and restored site full backup. Back office was OK but in front office I had white screen.

I tried all solutions but none worked.

After many tries I installed fileinfo and intl extensions for all PHP versions on WHM(WHM/easyApache4/customize/Extensions) then the issue solved.

If you dont have this access and only have access to Cpanel you can ask your host provider to install this extensions.