[SOLVED] Authentication Failed on Some Browsers

Hi, I've been installing prestashop 1.5, everything goes well, I can see FO n BO and try to login, everything's fine.

However when I launched the web, and customer starts to complain :

1.After creating account, some customers can't see My Account redirect to login page without authentication at all ( In my BO i can see them already registered)

2.Can't login at all when using android browser, I've tried many times

3.Some firefox browser can't login too

I've found the only difference between able to login and unable is :

Able to login:

www.mywebsite.com/index.php?my-account (Login Successful)

Unable to login :

www.mywebsite.com/index.php?controller=authentication&back=my-account (After login shows login page again and nothing happen)

I need help fixing this problem, I hope anyone can help me. Thank You in advance.

Me too

Not sure if it is related. I upgraded from 1.4. something. I noticed there are now three groups available in "Groups" :Default, Guest and visitor

All of my existing customers are assigned as Default. When I try to change them the only group type available is Default!

No one can log in, no one can make orders. Also, and I sure this is related, cookies are not being stored on the computer in IE so nothing stay sin the shopping cart between pages.

All is OK in Firefox and Chrome

HELP!

After a bit more experimenting with my Wif'es computer. This may be related to specific instances of Internet Explorer

Doesn't work on mine even after reboot / reset of IE, adding site to safe list for cookies etc, works just fine on hers. I even compared each and every setting and deleted all the caches I can think of

Solved for me

I looked at clearing the cache in Internet Explorer and I noticed a tick box I had not seen before

I removed the tick so that it deleted absolutely everything cached on my computer: now everything is fine

post-246958-0-90913900-1348910314_thumb.png

I tried this and it worked for a while and after i tried doing it again it gave the same error back again.

On google chrome still doesnt work. Any suggestions?

Have you tried on different computers? That will tell you if the issue is linked to your computer or the installation. That is what I did. It worked fine on other computers, so it had to be something on my machine

Hi, this is not cookie related issues. However, I tried to fresh install, and now everything works fine.

Probably because I changed translations manually by editing .tpl files. I have to do this because unable to use translations at front office (max_input_vars exceed 1000) presta 1.5.0.17

I have suggestion not to change translation manually in any .tpl files unless you know what you're doing.

Edited by Darius86 (see edit history)

Wuisma found a solution

It's not a cookie problem

Hi,

first of all sorry for my english, i think that, in some cases, is a problem whith the cookies and the domain configuration (in SEO & URLs).

If you observe the cookies using the developer tools of chorme, for example, you can see cookies with two diferents domains with www and without www, so i tray to erase the www. in the domains in SEO & URLs. Now i have only one domian for the cookies and it seem to work without problems.

• Like 2

Dear vynx, actually I do believe that this also cause some issues with some servers on the older versions of PrestaShop. Sometimes taking the www, out can fix some problem.

Dear Benjamin,

i try fresh install 1.5.1 and didnt get this problems at the beginning, then i enable smarty, CCC, cache, then i add addshoppers module, then have some problems, when i disable addshoppers module, disable smarty,CCC,cache, friendly SEO, then enable again addshoppers, enable smarty, CCC,cache then it works. i suspect there is something miss when add module then not correctly processed in the smarty,CCC,cache.

Hi Benjamin,

I have just updated to version 1.5.1 through 1 click upgrade.

Now it will not allow me to log into my admin, it keeps coming up:

TECHNICAL ERROR:

Details: Error thrown: [object Object]

Text status: parsererror

I've tried resetting password and it still comes up the same problem.

Please help me to login as I am really stuck with this.

Thanks,

Mike

www.tackleaustralia.com.au

Hi Benjamin,

I have just updated to version 1.5.1 through 1 click upgrade.

Now it will not allow me to log into my admin, it keeps coming up:

TECHNICAL ERROR:

Details: Error thrown: [object Object]

Text status: parsererror

I've tried resetting password and it still comes up the same problem.

Please help me to login as I am really stuck with this.

Thanks,

Mike

www.tackleaustralia.com.au

Mike, have you tried clearing all the caches and cookies from your internet browser?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Mike, your front end says

"Current theme unavailable "prestashop". Please check your theme directory name and permissions."

This suggests you need to rollback the changes, but you can't do that if you can;t log in :(

Did you take any external backups?

Mike, your front end says

"Current theme unavailable "prestashop". Please check your theme directory name and permissions."

This suggests you need to rollback the changes, but you can't do that if you can;t log in :(

Did you take any external backups?

Before I updated I went into my Hostgator Cpanel and did a back up there.

Not sure whether that is suitable and how to rollback to that.

Before I updated I went into my Hostgator Cpanel and did a back up there.

Not sure whether that is suitable and how to rollback to that.

It would be suitable if it gets you back up and running. Clearly something is wrong. I don;t know what, just trying to help you to think through solutions. Rollback is also Restore, but ow that works on Hostgator I have no idea. I installed using cpanel>Softacculous. Backing up with softacculous backs up the database and files. using restore there totally puts thinks back where they were

It would be suitable if it gets you back up and running. Clearly something is wrong. I don;t know what, just trying to help you to think through solutions. Rollback is also Restore, but ow that works on Hostgator I have no idea. I installed using cpanel>Softacculous. Backing up with softacculous backs up the database and files. using restore there totally puts thinks back where they were

Thank you for your reply.

I contacted Hostgator gave them my site details then 15 minutes later it was restored to previous version and back online like nothing had happened. The service those guys give are second to none.

Thanks again.

Hello, and thank you for the solution. The Shop Domain name is SEO-URL's should not have www in it by default. Thank you for the confirmation, I will mark this thread as Solved for now.

Hello vynx, is your store working when you remove the www? I do not think it should add the www by default. The SEO is not hurt from not having the www.

Hi,

I have installed fresh installation of 1.5.1 so many times. When I activate friendly url, login and add to cart don't work. Deleting www from the url shouldn't be a solution for 1.5.1 stable version.

I think It is a very critical problem for stable version and must be solved from the root.

Edited by tebdilikiyafet (see edit history)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

yes solved but nginx ?

plz use this code ps 1.6.11 in ssl site

themes/default-bootstrap/authentication.tpl

{if isset($back)}<input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="back" value="{$back|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />{/if}

to

{if isset($back)}<input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="back" value="{$back|replace:'www.':''|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />{/if}

yes its solved time

• 1 year later...

Hi 

Iam french, i am in version 1 .6.1.12, this solution is exact ? Thank you so much ! or which solution please ? 

plz use this code ps 1.6.11 in ssl site

themes/default-bootstrap/authentication.tpl

{if isset($back)}<input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="back" value="{$back|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />{/if}

to

{if isset($back)}<input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="back" value="{$back|replace:'www.':''|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />{/if}

yes its solved time