Shipping module development - Prestashop 1.5x

knutselsmurf

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Is it shipping sunday or what ? :)

You also can download from free modules SoColissimo (French post service)

Also put your shop in 'Devloppement mode' change in config/defines.inc.php

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

You will then get 'Deprecated' warnings displayed.

• 1 month later...

There's a few things that I don't understand... Is it ok/normal for a shipping module to "take control" over the complete shipping page? That is, it's not displayed along with other shipping options? I have not been able to find a single shipping module that just hooks in like just a new entry in the shipping options table. I _really_ miss some good information/tutorials on this subject.

• 4 weeks later...

I refuse to believe that there is no one out there that possess some knowledge about this, at least some of the developers of Prestashop itself? Yeah, I know, "use the source, Luke", but when all shipping modules use their own way of displaying carrier options, then It's not easy to figure out what's the intended way of doing this...

Is a carrier module supposed to add options in the shipping option list? Is it supposed to "take over" the user interface and display a custom GUI for it's own options? Is it supposed to redirect to an external shipping calculator site, or display a popup, and then populate some hidden field with a value that the shipping cost calculation is using. The "default" shipping options create a myriad of css-selectors and hidden input fields that in the end map to some way of displaying and calculating it all. And none of it is documented... It's a bit frustrating to say at least.

hi the shipping suddenly disappeared from my shopping cart.it works with few products and dosent work with few, with white tea it shows free shipping, but shipment methods are also not displayed after checking the cart (put country as India for which shipping has been set up) , cannot understand y this happens. it works with most other products

http://tea-india.co.in/online-tea-shop/en/white-tea/23-silver-tips-white-tea-nilgiris.html