[Solved] Problems with translated email templates

Hello everybody.

I have a shop running on PS 1.4.8.2 with a custom theme. The shop uses only one language, Romanian. I have translated and customized the email templates to fit my theme and my language.

Everything worked very well for a few months, and then all of a sudden the order confirmation emails started getting sent using the original English template. I haven't touched the admin or the files on the server, it just happened out of the blue one day.

Since then I have replaced the original English email templates with my customized Romanian templates, so basically now the /mails/en/ folder contains the same files as the /mails/ro/ folder.

To my horror, the order confirmation emails are still getting sent using the original English template, with strings untranslated, ugly pink links and headings, and products table rows placed ABOVE the table heading.

Does anybody have any idea what is happening? And would it be ok for me to just remove from the server the email templates for the languages my shop will never use (e.g. de, en, es, fr, it)? Would this solve my problem?

Thank you,

Tudor

[uPDATE]: It seems that only the order notification for the shop admin gets sent with the wrong template, the customer gets the correct order confirmation email. Still don't understand why does it happen, but at least now I am a little more relaxed because the customer gets the right thing.

Edited by Tudorminator (see edit history)