problems with importing images via csv

Hello,

I'm uploading products via csv, I am with the new version of prestashop, the 1.5.017.

Before this version used another, and had no problems with csv import images, now I get this error: Item 1: the image can not be recorded.

I tested these possibilities:

Put the folder where the images are the administrator, as it did before.

saves photos in the upload folder,

Put routes with .. / upload / .... upload / htttp :/ / www .....

None of this is working, as I can not fix it, I've been seeing posts where people had the same problem, but the solutions that work for them I do not.

Also I have 777 permissions on the images folder.

anyone else have this problem?

Thank you, Alex.

Hello, I solved the problem, explain how:

create a folder, will name itposible. In this folder the images will stay. This folder has to be hosted on a server in the admin folder. The had to rename folder when you installed prestashop.

Csv file, the path will be: esposible / image.jpg

I realized that, if the name of the image contained type characters, image_1.jpg, did not work. I had to rename it to image1.jpg.

chmod, I served my leaves in 80. This works for me.

Hope you can solve the problem.

I apologize for my English, but the blame is shared with Mr. google, then translates the ass!

Thanks, Alex.

• Like 1

Hi!

Don't know if it helps you, but I also had problems importing images with CSV in 1.5.0.17, but now got it all working. My issue was that the example files for product CSV are faulty and lacks attributes that has been added (Available for order, Product Creation date and Show Price). These are new attributes that are added before the Image URLs (x,y,z,...) attirbute. Make sure you map the correct columns of data when verifying the data in the import wizard.

I'm pretty new to prestashop and this forum. Not sure on how to issue a bug report regarding the example CSV files.

/Johan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, this is helping me but I have a big problem based on what you said. All my images (10,000 of them) supplied by my supplier all have a format like xx-xxxx-xxx-x_i_.jpg So if I have the ' _ ' does this mean I cannot import my images?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks guys, this is helping me but I have a big problem based on what you said. All my images (10,000 of them) supplied by my supplier all have a format like xx-xxxx-xxx-x_i_.jpg So if I have the ' _ ' does this mean I cannot import my images?

That doesn't make any difference to me. I have changed them and still can't import anything!

• 5 months later...

I have found the answer that works for me!

DON'T use the full URL. What I did was use:-

"../imgfolder/name_of_image.jpg"

NOT

"http://www.mystore.com/imgfolder/name_of_image.jpg"

Hope this helps others too!!

Hi 5ummer5,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried "../imgfolder/name_of_image.jpg", but seems in the new version this doesn't works. Do you know what could be the change?