MagicFire

Bad subject in email sending new password

Hi,

I have a little problem. When registered user asks for new password (during rpocedure Lost password), he gets an email (containing new password) in correct language, but with subject in bad language. I found this in mails/cs/lang.php

$_LANGMAIL['Your password'] = 'Vaše heslo';

But in the email the subject is "[shop name] Your password". Where could be the problem?

Thanks

Back Office > Tools > Translations > E-mail template translations > ES > Core e-mails: > Subject for password_query:

I'm using version1.4.9.0

In PasswordController.php line 83 is:

if (Mail::Send((int)self::$cookie->id_lang, 'password', Mail::l('Your password', (int)self::$cookie->id_lang),

So the translation will only work against a key of 'Your password'. I think that the problem is that some of the lang.php language files, in the mails folder (mails/fr lang.php mails/en lang.php) have 'Your new admin password' as the key, (this also shows in the BO Translate email subject):

18 $_LANGMAIL['Your new admin password'] = 'Votre mot de passe';

18 $_LANGMAIL['Your new admin password'] = 'Your New Password';

But in Italian for example line 18 of lang.php is:

18 $_LANGMAIL['Your password'] = 'La tua password';

Which I guess would work.

So you can either edit the mails/'your iso lang' lang.php and replace 'Your new admin password' with 'Your password' or as I have done change PasswordController.php line 83 to:

if (Mail::Send((int)self::$cookie->id_lang, 'password', Mail::l('Your new admin password', (int)self::$cookie->id_lang),

I don't understand why the lang.php files are being generated differently, although I have found some problems using the editor for email template translations.

Hope this helps

Chris G

Edited by Chris G 29 (see edit history)