paypal module cannot save API credentials

giasemis

Hello,

I face a problem with paypal module.

I try paypal module in my local machine (localhost) and works perfectly.

In local machine I just go to paypal module select configure module, put API name, password, signature then save and paypal solution working perfectly.

Then I can purchase products using paypal without any problem.

Then I go to production site (real site) and configuring paypal there is just impossible

I do the very same procedure , settings etc I put API name, password and signature and press save. I receive a success message. No problems untill that point

When I check the API credential form in the module configuration it is empty.

When I try to use paypal for purchase a product I receive the follow error message:

Please refer to logs:

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2012-09-17T13:10:38Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

:( :( :( Any suggestions? thank you in advance,Gerasimos

Hello,

version of Prestashop 1.4.9

version of Paypal 3.0.9

I have updated to 1.4.9 version last week manually. paypal module was updated as well.

And as the store start operates this week I try to setup paypal since yesterday.

I have delete and re-install paypal module several times = no result

I also try paypal version 3.2.0 but I didn't work at all

So I stuck with version 3.0.9 the one bundle with presta 1.4.9

And, I have some more info:

I check mysql ps_configuration table

in localhost :

(389, 'PAYPAL_API_USER', 'geraXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXoo.gr', '2012-09-17 13:38:40', '2012-09-17 13:40:04'),

(390, 'PAYPAL_API_PASSWORD', '55A65XXXXXXXXX', '2012-09-17 13:38:40', '2012-09-17 13:40:04'),

(391, 'PAYPAL_API_SIGNATURE', 'ArOgtBBfiEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX', '2012-09-17 13:38:40', '2012-09-17 13:40:04'),

user, pwd, signature fields are completed (I put XXXX there just not to reveal the credentials)

but when I check for the same field in the ps_configuration table of the real store then :

(227, 'PAYPAL_API_USER', NULL, '2012-03-24 10:07:13', '2012-03-24 10:07:13'),

(228, 'PAYPAL_API_PASSWORD', NULL, '2012-03-24 10:07:13', '2012-03-24 10:07:13'),

(229, 'PAYPAL_API_SIGNATURE', NULL, '2012-03-24 10:07:13', '2012-03-24 10:07:13'),

nothing there.

I cannot understand why when I press save in the paypal module configuration nothing is saved

What can cause this fault?

Any hints or ideas?

Thanks I advance, ( I have spend so many hours try to resolve this)

Gerasimos

Hi,

I don't know what is the bug that causes this problem but i open phpmyadmin go to ps_configuration table and there

I fill PAYPAL_API_USER, PAYPAL_API_PASSWORD and PAYPAL_API_SIGNATURE with my paypal merchant data

manually and now is working !!!!!

So Solved!!!

Hello all, Please upgrade your module with the last version. http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html

And do not forget to install the backward compaitibility module ONLY IF YOU ARE RUNNING A PRESTASHOP 1.4.

If you are using PrestaShop 1.4 you have to install the Backward Compatibility module.

You can find it on addons.prestashop.com : http://addons.presta...patibility.html

I'm having the exact same problem in PS 1.4.9 and even Paypal support can't figure it out. I've checked & re-checked the API settings but still getting 10002 error. Installed & reinstalled the latest Paypal module (3.2.2) and the backward compatibility module v0.2 but nothing seems to work. I've found my ps_configuration table but the only Paypal info in there are PAYPAL_BUSINESS, PAYPAL_SANDBOX & PAYPAL_CURRENCY. No API settings at all.

Okay, figured it out. My API settings were in configuration table, not ps_configuration. The signature & username were there, but for some reason the password was NULL. Once I entered that it worked. Wouldn't work in the back office configuration settings for some reason though.

Hello all, Please upgrade your module with the last version. http://addons.presta...748-paypal.html

And do not forget to install the backward compaitibility module ONLY IF YOU ARE RUNNING A PRESTASHOP 1.4.

If you are using PrestaShop 1.4 you have to install the Backward Compatibility module.

You can find it on addons.prestashop.com : http://addons.presta...patibility.html

I did all this but having the exact problems stated in this thread - the api settings are simply not saved/written to the database. After entering the details and clicking "save" a message pops with "You can now use PayPal" or something like that but the api details disappear.

Using PS1.4.9, PayPal 3.2.2 (trying) with backward compatibility installed - definitely a bug.

Haven't thought about entering the api details into the DB directly, I'll give it a go.

hello pet024

Just so you know there's an updated Paypal module in the addons store maybe this will fix any issues you've

Cheers

Clayton

I just tried installing this latest version (3.2.4) and it's caused major problems, I don't know where to start!

At first I had the same problems as with v3.2.2 - api details not saving. So I tried entering them directly into the database as suggested. At first I thought this had worked - api details now showed up in the module config page. However, if any currency is used except the default currency (even though I have payment options set to accept customer currency) I get the following error:

Please refer to logs:

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2012-10-05T01:02:03Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 99998
  • L_ERRORCODE1 -> 10605
  • L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  • L_SHORTMESSAGE1 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  • L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Currency is not supported
  • L_LONGMESSAGE1 -> Currency is not supported
  • L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
  • L_SEVERITYCODE1 -> Error

If the default currency is used to module works fine, but this is no good for me so I decided to roll back, and this is where the problems really started.

I uninstalled v3.2.4 and deleted it, copied over my backed-up v2.8.5 via ftp, installed it, added api details. This is where it gets weird. The way I had it set up before, after clicking the pay with paypal link on the checkout page you were redirected straight to paypal to complete the payment. Now, you are directed to the following page: modules/paypal/payment/submit.php, where you have to confirm the order before being redirected to paypal. Looking at the module files, before I was using "standard", whereas now I'm using "payment".

In the module config page I have "Payments by credit cards: CB , Visa, Mastercard and PayPal account" checked, which is what I had before. Also, my logo no longer appears on the paypal page.

My question is, therefore, how can I get it back to how it was before?

Edited by pel024 (see edit history)

I've now managed to solve my issue - by solved I mean get 2.8.5 back to how it was functioning before I made the fatal step of trying to upgrade.

I deleted all api details from the ps_configuration table, deleted all api details from the module config page and for some reason it now works. I have no clue where the api details are saved or why this worked but it does!

Edited by pel024 (see edit history)

Ok I spoke too soon. Deleting the api details makes the module function as it did before (select paypal on checkout page and then be redirected straight to paypal to complete payment), but paypal can't process the payment, presumably because it has no api details - I know, sounds obvious!

So I'm now thinking it's the api details themselves which determine how the module functions. I did regenerate them when I was trying the upgrade (suggested elsewhere). Could anyone shed any light on this?

As I said before, I just want it to redirect straight to paypal without going to modules/paypal/payment/submit.php to confirm the order first. It should only be using the files in modules/paypal/standard not modules/paypal/payment.

Could someone please give me a hand with this?

Hello pel024

As I am having some issues with new paypal module but I am working on it also. I was able to set my api's and installs with no errors but my final payment page is completely blank with all checkout payment modules but it has to be a setting I am thinking in my shipping modules.

Sorry i have not been on here but very little and not been able to reply. Happy you was able to revert back to the older module. I would recommend this until the developer can get the module working correctly which he's been working very hard on for sure. Not so easy to implement the standards for paypal. I will follow this topic and when i see or know any info on new stable version i will try to update this topic for you.

Cheers

Clayton

Hi Clayton,

I've finally got a version working (3.09)...I think.

I appreciate the developer is working hard and that the standards are not easy, but given the multitude of problems people are having with these latest versions I just wonder how vigorous the testing is before they are released. If, like me, you rely soley on PaPal to take payments, problems such as these are serious and costly!

I only wanted to upgrade in the first place so I could try out the free mobile theme. I see that you now have the latest version working (3.2.4). Could you, or anyone, confirm that it works with multiple currencies. I mean with "customer currency" checked on the "payment" tab.

Cheers

Paul

Hello pel024

It all started pretty much when Paypal wanted changes done to the module to make people sign up for a paypal account if that will tell you anything and that caused many issues trying to redo the modules.

Pretty much you can always expect bugs in modules such as new versions it's a computer hehe

I have the config working in paypal and I have a shipping setting that I am working on before providing a true test o fit that is what I am working on today though and will let you know. I also messaged developer to check on a few things so I will also wait to hear from him as well

May I ask did you copy and paste the API's into BO or did you type them? Sometimes it can add an extra value in their without you realizing this has happened.

Cheers and will update I hope today.

Clayton

Hi Folks,

I have tried everything suggested on this post, but I still cannot get it to function. I can't even roll back to the older version of the module as I can't find a copy to use..

Can anyone help please, we are losing business as people cant pay by paypal.

Prestashop Version 1.4.9 - Paypal Module 3.2.4

Thanks

C

Edited by clarksim (see edit history)

Hi Folks,

I have tried everything suggested on this post, but I still cannot get it to function. I can't even roll back to the older version of the module as I can't find a copy to use..

Can anyone help please, we are losing business as people cant pay by paypal.

Prestashop Version 1.4.9 - Paypal Module 3.2.4

Thanks

C

Hello clarksim

Can you please post an error log?

Clayton

• 7 months later...

Hi Folks,

The time goes so fast, but I got the same error message when I tried to set up PayPal modul 3.5.1 in PS 1.5.3.1

Please try to contact the merchant:

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2013-06-07T04:47:18Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10605
  • L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  • L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Currency is not supported
  • L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I am a consultant rather a developer, so I hope, this issue can be solved by changing parameters.

What I use now:

Default Language: Romanian

Default Country: Romania

Default currency: Leu = RON (642)

Languages: English, Romanian

Payment Restrictions:

Currency: both USD and RON can be used by PayPal, and Customer currency is applied in transactions

Countries: only U.S and Romania are active, both can use PayPal

Customers: Visitors, Guest and Customers can buy with PayPal

Do you have suggestion how should I correct these parameters to get a smooth PayPal payment?

Thank you in advance for any help

Marta