adding categories to the header bar?

hmmm now that is very weird. and you had the category before beside it? Make sure youre on the home page making the category and not the sub-page

When you are on home page and make the sub-category it should put it right beside it. I have no clue why its doing this I would recommend waiting till someone can help you more. Sorry I couldn't be of more help my friend.

Clayton

Edited by clayton29657 (see edit history)

thats weird, because before I just installed a fresh prestshop, added the category and it showed next to it, then another and it showed, but the third did not nor the fourth, then deleted all the ones i had made and tried again bust this time none of them showed next to it. Any idea on what the module is called?

Thanks again

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tried everything that this post says to do(and other posts also), but I can't get the 'Categories', 'Products', or 'About Us' drop-down menus to appear. This is how it's supposed to look....http://themes.withinpixels.com/autumn/. This is my site now.... http://www.popcultureheaven.com/. I've added 4 categories(see site map)...I need the 4 'Books' categories to appear under a 'Categories' drop-down menu on the home page. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi tkmops,

override

modules/blocktopmenu/blocktopmenu.php

i.e. copy this file to

/themes/<your themefolder="">/modules/blocktopmenu/blocktopmenu.php</your>

then find the function getCategory()

at the end of this function, add a little code (red lines): at line number 647

if (count($children))

{

if ($category->level_depth <= 1) // 1 is level you still want to show

{

$this->_menu .= '<ul>';

foreach ($children as $child)

$this->getCategory((int)$child['id_category'], (int)$id_lang, (int)$child['id_shop']);

$this->_menu .= '</ul>';

}

}

$this->_menu .= '</li>';

This should do the trick.

Hope this helps,