Quickbooks Merchant Services

bhoover11

I am trying to have Prestahop use our existing Quickbooks Merchant Services Account (QBMS) to process credit card payments.

I am new to Prestahop and thought eCC provided a payment module or the shop manager +quickbooks integration would let me do this however during setup I'm realising that might not be the case.

I've seen there are Offline Credit Card modules that might allow me to take CC info and then use eCC to process using QBMS after the order. Is anyone setup like this successfully and safely?

Has anyone created a QBMS payment gateway module for Prestahop? (this would be my preferred method)

eCC looks great for QB integration and they do have offline merchant services with QBMS I just can't figure out what payment module needs to be active in prestashop for them to work together.

I looked at Auth.net and it appears to do similar integration with QB however, it appears to me, to be a duplication of the QBMS service. The owner is set on only using QBMS to process credit cards. Am I missing an Auth.net feature or version?

I am pretty sure there is not a module for that. I have a few customers using auth.net with eCC and quickbooks and they seem to like it, if that helps.

Ok I've been researching this all day. Are your customers using auth.net in a configuration similar to this: link (see last post). If I'm following it correctly I can use the auth.net module in prestashop and configure QBMS as the merchant account. What type of fees do your customers have? Do they pay a monthly fee to both auth.net and QBMS plus a per transaction fee to both Auth.net and QBMS?

I honestly do not know how they handle it on their end. I just set up the shops, they handle all of their own bookkeeping. I don't know their fee structure either, I know it is cheaper than paypal, we talked about going that route, but the prices were to high.

The way I am guessing that it works is they use ecc to connect the shop to quickbooks and that is it. Auth.net handles the transactions. There is no reason to have it involved in the quickbooks account, the shop had all of that. You can process refunds and what not straight from the shop.

Also one thing that the ecc people won't tell you, is with prestashop it does not handle tax correctly. It does not break tax off of sales, it just renders them as a single price. Its kind of a pain I hear.

• 1 year later...

so really prestashop doesn't have a qbms aka quickbooks merchant services aka intuit merchant services module for it??? man i'm trying to switch from virtuemart because i am FED UP with it, and we were even able to get this to work in virtuemart. how does prestashop not having anything other than a third party payment gateway.  which btw i looked into months ago and it was going to add another 30$ a month or something around there.  Also we do use ecc but this is a joke to, it's also a joke they even offer it, because yes it's processing their card offline which would require you to store credit card information a HUGE no no from what i understand.  even the ecc person said to me yea it's not really meant to be used for that.