My whole site is white page

Himbo

Hi,

This is my second install of this particular domain and the second time this has happened.

My whole site has gone blank. Its just white page, even the page source is white, not a thing written.

The first time, I had loaded around 100 hours of products, when I changed templates, it went blank.

This time, I didn't load any products, I just made SEO changes within back office, changed template and ... White site.

I host my own sites with Hostgator, tho i am a hobbyist, so its no use asking me to change anything in my server, unless you talk me through dolly steps.

Neither time did I do a back up, I should have learnt from my first white out, but this time I didn't do enough to warrant a back up.

Any help, tips, advice as to how to regain a visual website please.

My URL is : http://www.legavenuecostume.co.uk

Aloha!

Let's try a couple of things - no guarantee that I can help with this.

Can you access your administration panel? If you can, then try this: go to the preferences tab, and then the performance sub-tab. Set the Smarty "force compile" to YES and "cache" to NO. That will force your pages to be rebuilt, if they can be.

Further, you need to access the directory tree for your store, and you will do that by using something in Hostgator like the cPanel or an equivalent, and getting to the File Manager or equivalent. Once there, you want to delete the files in the following directories:

/tools/smarty/cache/ delete all the files.

/tools/smarty/compile/ delete all the files EXCEPT for the index.php file.

Then try loading your site.

The only other advice I can give you is to contact the creator of the template that you are trying to use.

Do you have the default store available to you still (in the administration panel, modules tab, themes sub-tab)? Try switching back to that and see if your pages load.

If you cannot access your administration panel, then the only advice I can offer is to start over from scratch.

Good luck! Martin

• Like 3

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your reply. Following your instructions to the letter, my site is BACK :-)

My missus sends you a hug n kiss, Thanks again :-)

elpatron, thank you, i will :-)

CrS27, my site is a new site, its not under maintenance, that was the extent of the white out, looked like it didnt exist :-)

However, Martin, as soon as I either click the homepage logo or a category, the site white outs again, what would you suggest ?

Edited by Himbo (see edit history)

After altering the config/config.inc.php to show errors, I get this : (obviously I have inserted xx for directories)

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'unable to write file /xx/xxx/public_html/tools/smarty/compile/wrt5048acc827f245.77716600' in/xx/xxx/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php:44 Stack trace: #0 /xx/xxx/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(201): Smarty_Internal_Write_File::writeFile('/xx/xx/...', '<?php /* Smarty...', Object(Smarty)) #1 /xx/xxx/public_htmltools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(155): Smarty_Internal_Template->compileTemplateSource() #2/xx/xxx/public_htmlclasses/Module.php(1080): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/xx/xxx/public_html...', NULL, NULL) #3 /xx/xxx/public_htmlmodules/blocksearch/blocksearch.php(83): ModuleCore::display('/home/legavenu/...', 'blocksearch-top...') #4 //xx/xxx/public_html/classes/Module.php(757): BlockSearch->hookTop(Array) #5 /xx/xxx/public_html/classes/FrontController.php(500): ModuleCore::hookExec('top') #6 /home/ in //xx/xxx/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 44

Martin, My compile creates a list of 35? files, each time i load the site, which results in a white out every f5 or link pressed.

So, I delete them and my site comes back.

How do I stop the compile creating problems?

Edited by Himbo (see edit history)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

please help me with this. :mellow:

Facing same problem since  two days, it only appears when i install theme other then default theme.

i did all option.

cache

php.ini(can not find where it is nor in public.html)

remove all cache content from cpanel.

still same problem.

i did not face any in earlier versions.

Help me please.

thanks in ADV :wub:

Badar