How to make installation (zip) file for my module

aleksandar.ilic

Hello

I am developing some module for Prestashop, and I want to make installation for it. But I don't know how. Module is a little bit complicated with structure and it have files in

modules/

admin/tabs /

templates/

and biggest problem is with admin directory, because every user rename it as he want :).

How can make installation?

thnx

Hello

I am developing some module for Prestashop, and I want to make installation for it. But I don't know how. Module is a little bit complicated with structure and it have files in

modules/

admin/tabs /

templates/

and biggest problem is with admin directory, because every user rename it as he want :).

How can make installation?

thnx

You have the wrong approach to writing modules... before creating modules you must read: Creating PrestaShop modules tutorial

- just stick to the instructions in this documentation

Edited by vekia (see edit history)

I offer module creation services for application hacks. The guide mentioned above is great reference for developing your hack, but it doesn't really tell you how to create a robust installation logic, i.e. enable, disable, uninstall....etc...

otherwise look at modules that came with your PrestaShop. paypal etc, and see how they work.

Best of luck

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)

Thnx, I am already looking at modules code to develop mine. It is the only way. :(. Documentation is very bad

it's not very bad simply because the module maintenance logic is really application dependent. it would be nice if it told your to write functions for install,uninstall,reset,disable,enable do. You should code functions for each of these. make it as bullet proof as possible.

suerte!

• 7 years later...

hi

I have a problem with the Crisp module
Messages cannot be exchanged
After a message to Crisp Support they said there was an error on the site

there is a shim error on your site
A shim is a JavaScript library that reproduce JavaScript functions when these are not available in a browser and it prevents Crisp from working

Now where should I look for such a library? Which module is there?

please help me

thank you