musicmaster

[Free Script] Prestools Suite: Mass Edit, Order Edit And Much More

Hi Musicmaster. This script is amazing!

I am having some trouble with another installation of this script: all the products appear 5 times.. One of them appears with VAT, others without. What is wrong with it?

Many thanks

Hi Club Vapea,

You have strange problems that I haven't seen before.

Can you tell me more about the specifics of your shop? What version of Prestashop do you use? And what version of PHP and MYSQL? Is it multishop? Did you create extra groups? Is it multi-language? Are you using the latest version of Prestools?

It would help if you could provide me access to your copy of Prestools. You can pm me the access data?

Regards,

M.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

Hi Club Vapea,

You have strange problems that I haven't seen before.

Can you tell me more about the specifics of your shop? What version of Prestashop do you use? And what version of PHP and MYSQL? Is it multishop? Did you create extra groups? Is it multi-language? Are you using the latest version of Prestools?

It would help if you could provide me access to your copy of Prestools. You can pm me the access data?

Regards,

M.

Hi Musicmaster, I sent you a PM but I´m not sure if you received it. I downloaded from the first page the file: Prestools_Suite-1.12c.zip. 2 languages, 1 extra group but not in use and no clients in that group, not multistore.

My PS version is 1.6.0.8 and PHP 5.5.35

I´ll send you another PM

Many thanks

Edited by clubvapea (see edit history)

Hi Club Vapea,

I found the problem. It has to do with states. You had added taxes for individual states (provinces) and the software couldn't cope with that.

Can you try the attached improved version?

product-edit.php

Hello,

Thanks in advance for module developer.

It works on 1.6.0.14?

Thanks

Hi Zameer,

Could you try the attached version of the mini-module?

Works like a charm now, thousand thanks!!

The combination edit was what I originally was wanting to use this for, primarily. It worked great at first with the free version (copying 1:1), so I paid for the upgrade so I could do many at once. But now I get the following message:

Request-URI Too Long

The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It does this even when trying to copy 1:1. Only 432 combinations so I don't see why it's having this issue. Any suggestions?

P.S. Version 1.6.1.6

Now it's giving me this error message anytime I try to do anything with copying combinations.

post-1122974-0-12035100-1468425750_thumb.png

Hi CBCA,

Sorry to hear you found some problems with the script. I made an upgrade that should address the problem and mailed it to the email address that you provided with the order. Can you try it?

In technical terms the problem was that the script used the GET method for its html form and that that ran into its usual limit of 8190 characters when you tried to submit 430 combinations. Receiving a incomplete string likely caused this javascript error. The solution was rather simple: switching to the POST method that doesn't have those restrictions.

As the problem was also in combi-delete I have updated that too. The updated files can be found in the new 1,12f version. Note that paid part of the software hasn't changed.

I have no explanation why things initially worked for you and later not. I did a rough calculation and found that with 430 combinations you were operating around the 8190 limit. So a small change might have been enough to cause problems.

M

What is the zip.gif  Prestools_suite - PS1.4_1.19e.zip ?

It is for Prestashop 1.4?

What is the zip.gif  Prestools_suite - PS1.4_1.19e.zip ?

It is for Prestashop 1.4?

As mentioned in text above the download there is a special 1.4 version. And that is indeed this file.

Hi Musicmaster

Any chance of adding picture caption

I've got loads of empty captions and having in this would make life so much easier copying from title!

You will find the text with the product images (the "legend") in image-edit that you reach by making products editable. 

The kind of mass copy from the title that you suggest is at the moment not possible. I will think about it. Any suggestions are welcome.

Hi Musicmaster

Thank you for a great tool :)

I would like to be able to do Category parent edit/mass update, because I have allot of category's, that I need change parent category on.

The category parent field is not editable in the category edit tab :(

Is there something I miss, or is this not possible?

Best regards

Peter

Hi Musicmaster

Thank you for a great tool :)

I would like to be able to do Category parent edit/mass update, because I have allot of category's, that I need change parent category on.

The category parent field is not editable in the category edit tab :(

Is there something I miss, or is this not possible?

Best regards

Peter

That is not possible at the moment. It is not very easy to make as you would also need to change the nleft and nright fields that describe the "tree". Doing that the wrong way can make large parts of the shop unreachable. So - at least for the moment - that problem is me a bit too hairy.

Ok, thanks for the answer. At least its not just me who can´t find the function then ;)

Hi Musicmaster

I have found that. But it won't suit my needs as i need to mass find all empty fields!

If you get time and wouldn't mind adding this I would be most grateful :)

Hi Musicmaster

I have found that. But it won't suit my needs as i need to mass find all empty fields!

If you get time and wouldn't mind adding this I would be most grateful :)

I will look into it. But don't hold your breath. It may take some time.

Thanks

Oh one other thing can you add UPC to csv export please when selected it doesnt seem to download

Thanks again :)

Thank you for your suggestions for improvement. Please check out the 1.12g version.

Any more wishes?

Hello, I have a suggestion of UI improvement.

Almost all my life I used to use only keyboard when operating on large amount of fields and dropdowns because it is really fast and much faster when using mouse. In your amazing addon there are almost allways 2 fields - one dropdown and one for text. The issue is when You choose something in dropdown and later you click on text field the value in dropdown is deleted - ofcourse it is really great in several cases but not in the case when I will want to use TAB key to switch between fields because it always deletes everything that I've choosen. Is there is any chance to create an option to show only dropdown fields without text fields? Or maybe change the order - first text and later dropdowns.

I found it really annoying and it's slows down the workflow. This is just my opinion :)

EDIT:

In product-edit.php I've changed 

if(val == 2)
		  inserta = ' <input name="'+fieldname+row+'" value="'+tmp3.replace(/"/g, '"')+'" onkeyup="feature_change(this);" />';

to

if(val == 2)
		  inserta = ' <input name="'+fieldname+row+'" value="'+tmp3.replace(/"/g, '"')+'"/>';

and this do the trick but maybe there is something better like button to hide all of them (one tab press less ;) ) .

Edited by hakeryk2 (see edit history)

Hi Hakeryk,

I made some improvements directed at improving keyboard manipulation. Can you test the new version?

There is also a new variable in Settings1.php. Please make sure that you get that one too.

Hi

I just updated to the latest version but I am having a problem when I try to enable this left radio button - nothing happens. See screen below:

post-1146962-0-03138400-1469109960_thumb.jpg

I am trying to use this on features but it is not showing nothing. The second and third radio buttons are working but they're deleting the choosen content when tab used. I tried on latest Chrome and Firefox.

Console is saying this:

Uncaught ReferenceError: inserta is not defined

I discovered that I had missed one situation that may have caused the inserta problem. However, I am puzzled why the tab still gives problems on your computer. I built in an extra check now but for me it works without.

Can you try the new version?

BTW: the left most option is new and causes you to see only a select box (and no input field)  - unless there is already some "free" data in the field.

Works like a charm! ... almost :) I found out that  when You use few of features that always the last one is showing input field :) Tested few times - always the last one shows input field even if it's not filled. It works and it is not clearing selected thing after tab press but just to let You know :)

post-1146962-0-15975000-1469117510_thumb.jpg

The problem was that it saw empty values as input values and created an input field for them. With the new version that should be solved too.

Hi Musicmaster,

Can you do mass edit of quantities for combinations that uses advanced stock management with warehouses? I can't find this specific answer on the manual. I tried doing it myself with CSV import but I get an error when setting the three options (ASM, depends on stock and warehouse) to 1...

Edited by bcarron (see edit history)

Hi Musicmaster,

Can you do mass edit of quantities for combinations that uses advanced stock management with warehouses? I can't find this specific answer on the manual. I tried doing it myself with CSV import but I get an error when setting the three options (ASM, depends on stock and warehouse) to 1...

Indeed, you cannot do that.

Advanced stock management is quite complicated and restricted by bookkeeping rules. I haven't yet been able to think up a good way to implement that. Suggestions are very welcome. This applies both to combinations and normal products.

I am puzzled what you mean with "I tried doing it myself with CSV import but I get an error when setting the three options (ASM, depends on stock and warehouse) to 1."

Regards,

M.

Indeed, you cannot do that.

Advanced stock management is quite complicated and restricted by bookkeeping rules. I haven't yet been able to think up a good way to implement that. Suggestions are very welcome. This applies both to combinations and normal products.

I am puzzled what you mean with "I tried doing it myself with CSV import but I get an error when setting the three options (ASM, depends on stock and warehouse) to 1."

Regards,

M.

Thank you for replying! I used the CSV import function built in PS to create new products and combinations but unfortunately when I try to adjust the quantities of combinations that use ASM and warehousing I get the error "Property Stock->price_te is not valid"... When I remove the quantity field from the CSV file, the import is working and I get the right combinations but I have to manually update the quantities on them :/

Hey Musicmaster

Me again ha!

Any way of having a minimum search field?

I'm wanting to list all products with a qty of 1 or more and ignore 0 qty stock?

Hi Busster,

The easiest way would be to sort the products on quantity descending.

In the newest version v1.12 h3 I can't dropdown the top menu in every page. Console is saying 

utils8.js:18 Uncaught SyntaxError: Illegal return statement
combi-copy.php:105 Uncaught ReferenceError: menuinit is not defined

This is weird because the function is defined.

P.S Have You thought about creating module which allows a person to add a product to database through Your plugin? I think that Your way of handling this mass update will be good to create a one page product adding process. Ofcourse it can be premium one to buy :)

utils8.js hasn't been changed for nearly two months and even that change was marginal. 

In my experience problems with the menu have usually to do with trying to access the menu before it has loaded. Just waiting a second more may make the difference. I guess I will need to change from a js-based to a css-based menu.

As for product adding, maybe in the future somewhere - although I think that it will be hard to find a layout that would be an improvement over csv's. Do you have any suggestions?

. At the moment support for warehousing and further conversion towards a semi-module have priority.

In newest version I found another bug: In product-sort.php I have an error in category select field "Select the category in which you want to sort the products:". There is no category name in this field and in console there is something like this:

Notice: Undefined index: name in ***/product-sort.php on line 152 Notice:

Undefined index: name in ***/product-sort.php on line 151

Hi Hakeryk,

Thank you for reporting that one. It was recent change that had gone wrong. I have immediately repaired it.

Hi Musicmaster

I have a suggestion to improve the usability :)

Would it be possible to ad page numbers, when displaying large amount of products, so instead of that you have to change the starting row, and display - Lets say 100 products, you could display 100, and then those to go to page 2, and see the next 100... :)

Once again, thank you for a great tool!

/Peter

I have found what seems to be an error.

If I am choosing to filter a certain category, and include sub categories, then the same product ID will be show several times, if the product is represented in any of the sub categories.

E.G., let say I have a main category called "t-shirts", and I have two sub categories, one called "Red t-shirts", and one called "Green t-shirts", ,And I have a product attached to both categories (E.G, an red and green coloured T-shirt), then the product will show twice in the list in Prestatool.

Also it is counting the number of products wrong, because it counts all the double products too.

I have attached a screen dump to show what I mean. :)

post-1288323-0-23035700-1470575075_thumb.jpg

The bug has been repaired in the 1.12i version.

I am not yet sure how to implement paging. The attached image is one option. Suggestions are welcome.

post-302430-0-63898300-1470828131_thumb.jpg

Hello,

First of all thank you for this great tool! It helps me saving a lot of time :) I seem to have one issue though. On the product edit page, I can't manage to show the "short description"; it just doesn't show up in the list below. All other options seem to be working, but this one doesn't. I put a screen in attachment to clarify.

Thanks!

post-884874-0-10909900-1471080831_thumb.jpg

Hi Havoc,

Thank you for the feedback. Sorry to hear that something didn't work.

I recently sorted and in some cases renamed the fields in the sort boxes and it looks like something has gone wrong then.

I have uploaded a new version that should solve the problem.

M.

Hello, 

I can help you make a CSS-based bootstrap, or Semantic ui. Do you share the code on Github?

Or i can help to translate in Polish...

Edited by Sasni (see edit history)

Hi Sasni,

Thank you for your kind offer. However, I doubt I can use it.

The interface is optimized to have as much information as possible on the screen without losing the overview. Every square millimeter counts. In that context it doesn't make sense to submit to the straightjacket of Bootstrap or something similar.

The code is not on Github as I sell a part of it.

Support for other languages is planned somewhere in the future but for the moment the software is hardcoded in English. For the moment other things - a pseudo-module and support for warehousing - have priority.

Ok, 

I would like to report a problem with links. 

In my shop I have set up a link to the product like: 

{id}-{rewrite}.html 

Bez_nazwy_1.jpg

but in your sctipt links look like: 

{category}/{id}-{rewrite}.html

image.jpg

so when i click it, it shows me a 404 error. 

Hi Sasni,

I will have a look at it. As it means to copy Prestashops url creation mechanism that may take some time.

Hi Musicmaster

I have bought the full version with all features of this great tool now, and I really enjoy using it :-)

However, I have a large number of categories/sub-categories (almost 700) and I would like to be able to sort there position somehow.
Is it possible to implement a category sorting function to this tool?

Because of the large amount of categories I have, the default drag´n drop function in Prestashop, is not suited for the job.

PS. I see that you have implemented paging in the latest version, which is very nice, but it is quite buggy, and the "next" button is not working very often.

Hi Buggi,

Thank you for buying the software.

I am hesitant about implementing sorting categories. The point is that this involves making changes to the nleft-nright tree. If that tree ends up in an erroneous state the shop can become unusable. And no matter how much quality control I use I cannot prevent timeouts or unforeseen errors.

Sorry to hear that the Next button is giving problems. Do you have any idea what is the problem? Can you send me (by pm) a link that doesn't do what it is supposed to do?

Hi Musicmaster

Would it be possible to ad a filter criteria on discounted products?

Best regards

Peter

Hi Musicmaster

Would it be possible to ad a filter criteria on discounted products?

Best regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

Can you be more specific? How should it look like? What should it do?

Did you find the tool "Discounts overview" in the Prestools menu?

I´ll try :)

I would like to be able to set a filter, so only discounted products are shown.

The same way as if I only want to see, lets say products from a certain manufacturer, and I would then write the manufacerer name in the "Find" field, and choose the manufacturer field, and then I would only get the products that match that criteria listed.

See example: post-1288323-0-34268500-1471774662_thumb.jpg

I would like to be able to do the same with discounts, but that is not possible, as it is now.

If I try I only get an error. - I have tried using asterix, and many other values, but all end up with an error message.

(I then just assumed that it was not a build in feature)

post-1288323-0-58794000-1471774829_thumb.jpg

It would be great I there where a radio button/check box that would give the same view as when I use the tool "Discount overview", but with the possibility to edit the products.
post-1288323-0-59486400-1471775015_thumb.jpg

I hope that clarifys it :)

Hi Musicmaster

This is just magnificent, it works like a charm.. 
Thank you very much, you just made a great tool, even greater :)

Thank you for your very fast response time :)

Hi Musicmaster

I have a small wish, to improve usability even more, especially regarding handling of Discounts.

Would it be possible to ad a column/field that display "newprice", so you are able to see the discount price?

And if even possible (ok I might be dreaming now  :P  ) maybe even the possibility to edit this field, to set the discounted final price (incl. VAT) so you don´t have to calculate it your self, by subtracting a certain amount?

(That would mean that the tool need to do the calculation for me, I know, but it would be a REALLY cool feature  :)  )

I might ad, that NO other Prestashop module have this feature, and it´s hard for me to believe that I´m the only person out there, that could use this, so you could have monopoly on that feature, for the time being, if you implement it ;) ;)

PS: is it on purpose that it is not possible to increase/decrease the size of the "discount" field, like you can with e.g. the "name" field?

Best regards

Peter

First of all, thank you very much for this tool, it's awesome.

On PS 1.5.6.1 I get error message when i try to use "SEO @ URL's edit"

MySQL error 1054: Unknown column 'm.configurable' in 'where clause'
Generated by URL '/admin3849/mass-cl/urlseo-edit.php'
with Query 'select l.*,m.page from com_meta_lang l LEFT JOIN com_meta m ON m.id_meta=l.id_meta WHERE l.id_shop='1' AND l.id_lang='2' AND m.configurable=1 ORDER BY id_meta'

Could you help me?

@sini: bug was fixed. 

@Buggi: I will keep your wishes in mind, but am busy with some other things at the moment. Multi-language is probably the first thing now.

• Like 1

Dear,

Thank you for this information.

I have this version of prestashop 1.6.0.11 and I work in mac. Could you please tell me which version I have to install ?

Thank you regards,

Anne

Dear,

Thank you for this information.

I have this version of prestashop 1.6.0.11 and I work in mac. Could you please tell me which version I have to install ?

Thank you regards,

Anne

Hi Anne,

I am a bit puzzled that that isn't clear. One version is for Prestashop 1.4 and that is clearly indicated. The other is for 1.5 and 1.6.

Dear,

Thank you for your answer but I saw only prestatool for 1.4 and 1.1 where is the version for 1.6

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Anne

Attached you will find the first version of 1.14. This version supports translations - but for the moment only for the field names of product-edit. 

The language files are in a language subdirectory and have names like "en.php". The only translation available at the moment is dutch and it is rather incomplete. 

As this involved rather complex changes I would appreciate it if people would test it and give me their feedback.

Prestools_Suite-1.14a.zip

• Like 1

Just gave 1.14 a whirl for you and it came up with this on product_edit

Notice: Undefined index: isbn in /homepages/30/d77432389/htdocs/nerds/admin219egietz/triple_edit/product-edit.php on line 123

Notice: Undefined index: isbn in /homepages/30/d77432389/htdocs/nerds/admin219egietz/triple_edit/product-edit.php on line 124

Notice: Undefined index: show_condition in /homepages/30/d77432389/htdocs/nerds/admin219egietz/triple_edit/product-edit.php on line 123

Notice: Undefined index: show_condition in /homepages/30/d77432389/htdocs/nerds/admin219egietz/triple_edit/product-edit.php on line 124

Notice: Undefined index: sosh_description in /homepages/30/d77432389/htdocs/nerds/admin219egietz/triple_edit/product-edit.php on line 123

Notice: Undefined index: sosh_description in /homepages/30/d77432389/htdocs/nerds/admin219egietz/triple_edit/product-edit.php on line 124

Notice: Undefined index: sosh_title in /homepages/30/d77432389/htdocs/nerds/admin219egietz/triple_edit/product-edit.php on line 123

Notice: Undefined index: sosh_title in /homepages/30/d77432389/htdocs/nerds/admin219egietz/triple_edit/product-edit.php on line 124

Just gave 1.14 a whirl for you and it came up with this on product_edit

Notice: Undefined index: isbn in /homepages/30/d77432389/htdocs/nerds/admin219egietz/triple_edit/product-edit.php on line 123

Thanks for noticing that for me. These are the new fields for Prestashop 7. I had added them t the software but not added the updated language files.

1.14b will come at post #1. I would have prefered until I had the translation stuff complete but I discovered that TinyMce has updated its link for cloud hosted library so that it no longer works for Prestools under Firefox (its still worked for me under Chrome - not sure why). So some files needed an update.

First of all thank you for that awesome plugin!

but i've got some issues with it :(

seems like one file is missing in the actual release

Modified the original path ;)

Warning: include(version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/Prestools_Suite-1.14e/approve.php on line 4

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'version.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/admin/Prestools_Suite-1.14e/approve.php on line 4

i made it run by comment out the include of version.php, and found out that logo.png is renamed to logo1.png

Edited by f31n (see edit history)

Hi  musicmaster,

thank you for this script!

I have an issue on product edit: the path of image (for my version) is incorrect.

My version is 1.6.1.14 upgraded from a previuos version, and so, for image path, I still use the old system:

....img/p/1004-1593-small_default.jpg

instead of

...img/p/1/5/9/3/1593-small_default.jpg

there is a way to fix it?

Ciroco05

many thanks for this;

but there are a few lines to be changed again:

in function1, there is no value in $selected_img_extension, maybe in line 40-45 you have forgot the if for legacy image.

I tried to change it by myself, and now work; please, see the attached file and tell me if you think is ok.

Ciroco05

functions1.php

Thank you for solving it.

I have adapted it and also adapted other files (there are quite a few that call those functions in functions1.php and they all need that extra argument).

Please check the attached version.

Hi bussterj,

Why would you want to add all carriers? According to the manual of Prestashop, if you assign no carriers to a product the customer has the choice from all carriers.

Thank you for solving it.

I have adapted it and also adapted other files (there are quite a few that call those functions in functions1.php and they all need that extra argument).

Please check the attached version.

Thank you! now it works perfectly.

Ciroco05

Hi Musicmaster

The "Features" edit does not seem to work after version 1.13.

I have tested 1.14, 1.14f and 1.14h, and neither versions works.

I can´t update the feature fields, not one by one, and not using mass update.

In 1.13 when I select edit in the feature column I get a dropdown selection on each product, but in 1.14+ I only get a text field, and nothing happens when I try to type in a value and update.

Best regards

Buggi

@Buggi: Something had gone wrong with the restructuring for translations. I have now repaired it. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for notifying me.

@Cyrius91: Welcome!

Due to the addition of translation options the first 1.14 versions had a problem with features. That has now been repaired. 

The professional version has at the moment the complete software. It will go back to just the extra files. The complete package may be introduced later again when I find a way to have semi-automatic updates.

Hello. Is there in this script options to change value "When out of stock: Allow orders" and When out of stock: Default: Deny orders (as set in Preferences) ?? 

I override the old version with the newest version 1.14o an got the next problem, see image.

Can you help me to solve it.

Notice: Undefined index: position in /home/......./bulk/product-edit.php on line 129

Notice: Undefined index: position in /home/......./bulk/product-edit.php on line 130

logo1.png
Product Edit Config: Default lang=Nederlands (Dutch) (used for names). Country=Belgium (used for VAT). 1 shop(s); 1 shopgroup(s); 3 group(s); 4 language(s). Stock: Yes; Shared: No;    

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/...../bulk/product-edit.php on line 2112

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/....../bulk/product-edit.php on line 2115

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/......./bulk/product-edit.php on line 2115

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/....../bulk/product-edit.php on line 2112

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/......./bulk/product-edit.php on line 2115

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/......./bulk/product-edit.php on line 2112

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/...../bulk/product-edit.php on line 2115

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/......../bulk/product-edit.php on line 2112

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/......../bulk/product-edit.php on line 2112

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/..../bulk/product-edit.php on line 2112

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/....../bulk/product-edit.php on line 2112

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/.......b/bulk/product-edit.php on line 2115

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/..../bulk/product-edit.php on line 2112

I copied all the files and sub dir's, I recently updated to PHP7 could that causes the problem.

I see a new file caled prestoolssuite-module.zip, do I have to install this file ?